Android Auto Thursday

The box is very very reliable from what I've seen at this point the most important thing is to allow the car to completely boot upon entering then of course your phone needs to be unlocked to be able to connect as far as updates or concerned very easy and there's only one as far as split screen extremely easy especially using an Android mode overall the performance seems to be excellent and in my feeling is the implementation is better than using interest in Android auto I also utilize wire guard which allows me to VPN directly to my home network

I'm about to do this because the wait is killer. Got a couple of questions if you don't mind.

Have you needed to update the box yet? Is it a pain to do so?

Is their split screen functionality? I use Waze and Highway Radar most of the time.

Is the update process for the box troublesome?
So I just bought one, the newest android version is important to have smoother interface. I got an Android 11 version on Amazon the first time, had unreliable connection.
I haven't driven since I just installed in garage last night, but does seem smoother. My Lucid music apps kept disconnecting often, so far this is nice and gives me more options.
I'm also able to text by voice using my Google contacts! That essentially next worked with Alexa.
I have however lost the maps mini directions since I'm not using the native app. This is to be expected though. But it seems like a nice upgrade for the time being, since I originally thought Android Auto would arrive this summer...

So I just bought one, the newest android version is important to have smoother interface. I got an Android 11 version on Amazon the first time, had unreliable connection.
I haven't driven since I just installed in garage last night, but does seem smoother. My Lucid music apps kept disconnecting often, so far this is nice and gives me more options.
I'm also able to text by voice using my Google contacts! That essentially next worked with Alexa.
I have however lost the maps mini directions since I'm not using the native app. This is to be expected though. But it seems like a nice upgrade for the time being, since I originally thought Android Auto would arrive this summer...
Is $159 a good price for this?

Be sure you donwload the upgrade :

I seem to find all run apps and aa super and split screen makes easy interface
Tidal only works in AA mode the screen in tablet mode is messed up.
I was also able to use the eq in the phonne to control the cars sound system 10 band eq have fun.....

Is $159 a good price for this?
They are going on Temu for $50 or less. Risk is if you don't get the right one and it doesn't work, almost impossible to return. They also have Android 12 and 13 AI CP to AA boxes but about double the price so double the risk.

no risk works great

I was also able to use the eq in the phonne to control the cars sound system 10 band eq have fun.....
Are you saying you used Tidal atmos through this?

Now that the Apple fan boys and girls have finally gotten their wish, let us - indignant Android users - have our separate space to wait and complain 😊.

Any time now...
This should be standard in this price range. They have cars that are 5 times cheaper with a better radio and have android auto.Do better Lucid

This should be standard in this price range. They have cars that are 5 times cheaper with a better radio and have android auto.Do better Lucid
Firstly, read the guidelines.

Comparing the Lucid to a cheaper car is not the way to go about things. Does the model s have a 360 birds eye view? No, but a 25k Hyundai Kona has it!! Sacrilege!!

Does a Rolls Royce have ventilated seats standard? No, despite the fact that there are cars 1/25th its price with ventilated seats!

This argument brings nothing to the table, especially when you consider the fact that Android auto is IN DEVELOPMENT.

There are vehicles 5 times the price of the lucid without its great sound system.. its driving manners.. but would you care about that?

(and no, i am not roping in tesla to this argument. i used it for the sake of an example)

Happy Android Thursday!!!!

Just remember that “Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach of the stars to change the world.”– Harriet Tubman

Are you saying you used Tidal atmos through this?
Sorry for the delay Atmos and bluetooth do not work hardwire only in AA side so the answer for now is no . But i am working on the android tablet side and testing a few codecs side loaded and getting some results but not full atmos as of yet ......

1000009825.gif
I don't think so....

Thanks for the advice... so far I'm using the AA mirroring and I really like it.
I should download the update though, because so far this week my one issue is that it's not starting up consistently. Sometimes I have unplug/plug into the USB, but since we all know it's an awkward location, hard to get my hand into the space...

I think the price is worthwhile, but I do want to give it a few more days to see if the update fixes the lack of auto connection to my phone.

I got my pure this week and the delivery advisor said AA software is now complete and waiting for approval from the android people! Crossing my fingers!

I got my pure this week and the delivery advisor said AA software is now complete and waiting for approval from the android people! Crossing my fingers!
Too good to be true. Would DA's have this info? Don't give me hope!

Thanks for the advice... so far I'm using the AA mirroring and I really like it.
I should download the update though, because so far this week my one issue is that it's not starting up consistently. Sometimes I have unplug/plug into the USB, but since we all know it's an awkward location, hard to get my hand into the space...

I think the price is worthwhile, but I do want to give it a few more days to see if the update fixes the lack of auto connection to my phone.
The connection issue is not in the device it's an Android auto there are a number of updates being released on a regular basis to try to resolve the wireless connection.... Also to be clear it's not a mirroring mode Android auto only works on head end units in the exact same way that this unit works..... It was originally designed as a wired connected device wireless is something they added on which has been causing problems for the beginning

Back