Android Auto Thursday

My Verizon rep told me to wait 2-3 weeks for the 14 Pro. He said there's a good chance Apple will drop the price by $100 and Verizon may run good promos to unload 14 inventory. I was serious about getting the iPhone for work but I'm an Android guy so will have both... patiently *cough* waiting for AA for my GT.

My Verizon rep told me to wait 2-3 weeks for the 14 Pro. He said there's a good chance Apple will drop the price by $100 and Verizon may run good promos to unload 14 inventory. I was serious about getting the iPhone for work but I'm an Android guy so will have both... patiently *cough* waiting for AA for my GT.
I’m a big Apple guy, but respect the resistance. Viva La Resistance. Let’s go Lucid, give the people AA!

See you guys back here next Thursday.

Since UX 2.0 was released in October last year, we might be close to UX 3.0 where finally Android Auto will come as one of the features... I hope.

I don't really care about "the next Thursday" AA. Not sure why there is even a thread regarding. Why do people care about AA? Laziness?
My most, THE most important seek after feature is ... a dashcam feature.
Not too many folks on this site realize how important it is while driving, especially driving in the city. Any city.
Your insurance company will love you forever, unless it's your fault :)

I don't really care about "the next Thursday" AA. Not sure why there is even a thread regarding. Why do people care about AA? Laziness?
Not too many folks on this site realize how important it is while driving, especially driving in the city. Any city.
I don't think it should only be a dashcam, it should be a full on sentry mode.

I just had an idea. What if sentry mode could be replayed in 3d like the visuals you get while backing up? That would be gamechanging..

I don't think it should only be a dashcam, it should be a full on sentry mode.

I just had an idea. What if sentry mode could be replayed in 3d like the visuals you get while backing up? That would be gamechanging..

Sentry Mode + AA

We can walk & chew gum people.

why do you call people lazy for caring about AA?

also, dashcam and AA doesn't have to be mutually exclusive. you can also get your own dashcam and install it :)

...You can also get your own dashcam and install it :)
Sure. That's what I actually did (front and back puny ones)
Having 12 cameras already on the car it's hard to complain, right?

Sure. That's what I actually did (front and back puny ones)
Having 12 cameras already on the car it's hard to complain, right?
I'm still looking for an easy guide or one that wouldn't drain the battery but also have enough store to record even while I'm not at the car

You know what that means?… Only one more day until we can order the IPhone 15 Pro Max! I kid my Android brethren, but….
Yeah, well you're gonna wanna pick up an USB-C cable too. Welcome to 2023 Apple folks!! 😂😂

Dashcam Wednesday?

I wonder if when android auto is implemented, we find a "android auto tuesday" easter egg in the code. I would LOVE to see that.

AA is no longer mentioned on the Lucid website. I wonder if it’s still in the works.
Wait, so it doesnt even say "compatible" anymore? When was this change noticed?

Considering that polestar didnt have android auto for a long time, I wonder if it is just a byproduct of android automotive. I'm not a software expert, more like a software idiot, but maybe you can't run android inside android?

To be fair, if we just added the play store and google maps to the car all our AA issues would be fixed.

I'm still looking for an easy guide or one that wouldn't drain the battery but also have enough store to record even while I'm not at the car
You could tap into the fuse box or use a battery bank that powers the camera when the car is off.

Wait, so it doesnt even say "compatible" anymore? When was this change noticed?

Considering that polestar didnt have android auto for a long time, I wonder if it is just a byproduct of android automotive. I'm not a software expert, more like a software idiot, but maybe you can't run android inside android?

To be fair, if we just added the play store and google maps to the car all our AA issues would be fixed.

My guess is they took it off the web site so they would stop getting questions from new buyers about when it'll be done. I would be shocked if they decided not to do it altogether. But it does seem to have been de-prioritized for now.

Back