Android Auto Thursday

Could it be that we are getting closer <Twilight Zone Music> ??

I've never seen Amazon Music show up under Bluetooth Audio. When I navigated to Home and Favorites, both folders were empty Has anyone else seen Amazon Music show up here? Could this be a "good sign" that Android Auto is a few steps closer?

Attachments

• PXL_20230728_033031486.jpg
    PXL_20230728_033031486.jpg
    638 KB · Views: 64
  • PXL_20230728_032924695.jpg
    PXL_20230728_032924695.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 64
Could it be that we are getting closer <Twilight Zone Music> ??

I've never seen Amazon Music show up under Bluetooth Audio. When I navigated to Home and Favorites, both folders were empty Has anyone else seen Amazon Music show up here? Could this be a "good sign" that Android Auto is a few steps closer?
I think it's there for when you ask Alexa to play music

Did the same for the exact purpose of using those two apps. I actually like having my phone as a dedicated extra screen for the time being.

I caved and got a phone mount so I can use waze and highway radar
I'm on the fence about doing the same. Can you share a picture of how/where you have the mount?

I think it's there for when you ask Alexa to play music
I've never seen it before and have asked Alexa to play music in the past several times.

In this case, i had just unlocked the car, first drive of the day. Hadn't asked Alexa to play music recently.

In order to get Google Maps audio navigation, on the music menu i select Bluetooth, then select my phone, and usually the circle/busy indicator comes on and then nothing else on the screen (just goes back to my phone type). At that point, my phone's navigation audio plays out the car speakers. Is that how you do it?

Attachments

• 20230728_110414.jpg
    20230728_110414.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 103
  • 20230728_110424.jpg
    20230728_110424.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 89
I get why you all do this sort of thing. But I can't help but think it makes you look like an Uber driver.

My phone is always tucked in the center console, with the lid closed. Way too tempting to pay attention to incoming messages, notifications, etc. otherwise.

Yes, can you share a picture please ?

I didn't want to stick anything to the dash and the vents are too recessed. Tried the made for Tesla ones that go behind the screen but I found they took up too much visibility sticking up over the screens. Also I think my phone would overheat exposed to windshield and heat given off by screen.

Not the most elegant but the best I can find that satisfies the above. It attaches by suction to the hard plastic on the side wall. There is a VHB sticky that holds the neck in place (it doesn't stick flat, but I think it'll hold well enough, used a peelable sticky under the VHB). I haven't had a chance to drive with it.

Attaching it on the driver side blocks the phone in landscape mode.

It doesn't interfere with the movement of center screen.

Attachments

• PXL_20230728_165007081.jpg
    PXL_20230728_165007081.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 94
  • PXL_20230728_165016070.jpg
    PXL_20230728_165016070.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 96
I get why you all do this sort of thing. But I can't help but think it makes you look like an Uber driver.

My phone is always tucked in the center console, with the lid closed. Way too tempting to pay attention to incoming messages, notifications, etc. otherwise.

Lol@uber driver. I feel you on the distraction/temptation though. I have to use the driving mode function where it hides all those alerts. AA can't come soon enough.

I like the lucid nav but it doesn't 100% get me to a place. I found that it gets me close enough that I can find it on my own.

Easy to do that when you have carplay already lol

Until AA, only way to use Waze and Highway Radar. I should do Uber as a side hussle since I have the setup 😋

Lol@uber driver. I feel you on the distraction/temptation though. I have to use the driving mode function where it hides all those alerts. AA can't come soon enough.

I like the lucid nav but it doesn't 100% get me to a place. I found that it gets me close enough that I can find it on my own.
There's been a few times Nav couldn't figure out where I needed to go, so I had to type in something close by. AA will be fun whenever it gets here.

Let's hope next update brings AA. It's pathetic that we have to resort to these kind of hacks.
Highly agree.
Luckily, hardware is really excellent.
Software wise, Lucid gave us beta version, maybe even alpha.
And then... with every ota update we are cherishing/praising Lucid for it.
Anticipation/wait/patience/nothing.
Very nice psychological game on Lucid's part.
I'm truly tired of it.

Back