Android Auto Thursday

Another week and still no Android auto? But the website says.......ha ha! Great car...terrible company management team. Communication with customers and potential customers is terrible. I guess they subscribe to the adage that silence is golden.

Agreed. The situation has become laughable and pathetic. My buddy loves my GT and was planning to order the Air version. He called asking my opinion. I love the car but the companies communications are very suspect. I can't recommend a lucid until they fix that.

There is no such thing as an "Air version" of the Lucid Air.

You say you own a GT? Maybe you should contact one of the site administrators to see if you can get tagged as a "verified owner".

There is no such thing as an "Air version" of the Lucid Air.

You say you own a GT? Maybe you should contact one of the site administrators to see if you can get tagged as a "verified owner".
I own a GT. Why would I worry about being verified?

...terrible company management team. Communication with customers and potential customers is terrible. I guess they subscribe to the adage that silence is golden.
We can bitch and moan about the Android Auto, lol.
But you should add to your statement "in my opinion".
My experience communicating with Lucid is totally different as they are very responsive to any question, or issue I have.

I own a GT. Why would I worry about being verified?

When you are trashing a company -- especially to the point of recommending against buying its products -- but seem unaware of their actual products, it helps readers to have some assurance we're not dealing with a troll. There's a reason this site established a procedure for being recognized as a "verified owner".

I don't mind people commenting negatively on Lucid or its products based on actual experience. I've certainly done enough of it myself. But I actually know the product I'm discussing.

When you are trashing a company -- especially to the point of recommending against buying its products -- but seem unaware of their actual products, it helps readers to have some assurance we're not dealing with a troll. There's a reason this site established a procedure for being recognized as a "verified owner".

I don't mind people commenting negatively on Lucid or its products based on actual experience. I've certainly done enough of it myself. But I actually know the product I'm discussing.
I have a GT. Red....my service tech just showed up and told me I have the "rate" connector problem. It will apparently be picked up for repair. As for your concern....the Air I was referring to is the Lucid Air. I did not specify the trim level. I dont know need you to feel comfortable with my posts. They are either accurate or they are not. It's interesting to me you are more concerned with my "status" as a forum member than my comment on management. As you feel the need to be very specific....let me say again.....I love my GT. I have serious issues with how the company communicates. Your attempt to discredit me is a distracting parlor trick.

I have a GT. Red....my service tech just showed up and told me I have the "rate" connector problem. It will apparently be picked up for repair. As for your concern....the Air I was referring to is the Lucid Air. I did not specify the trim level. I dont know need you to feel comfortable with my posts. They are either accurate or they are not. It's interesting to me you are more concerned with my "status" as a forum member than my comment on management. As you feel the need to be very specific....let me say again.....I love my GT. I have serious issues with how the company communicates. Your attempt to discredit me is a distracting parlor trick.
Nobody is trying to disrespect you; let’s take the temperature down a bit.

There is a phenomenon within online forums of people “trolling” for a variety of reasons; sometimes they just want to get a rise out of people, perhaps some sense of schadenfreude, sometimes there is a financial component (they shorted the stock), and so on.

Your complaints are legitimate, but also repetitive and offer very little new in that sense; we are well aware you are unhappy with the communication of Lucid. You’ve communicated that very clearly. Many of us agree. We also aren’t going to change it from here.

So once you’ve accepted the communication as is, then you have choices to make: do you still like the car? Do you still believe it is superior to other vehicles? If not, that’s okay! But then consider selling the car and finding one that suits you better from s company whose management style you prefer! No reason to stress about things you are unable to change. :)

Meanwhile, I will happily go ride in my Air :)

Nobody is trying to disrespect you; let’s take the temperature down a bit.

There is a phenomenon within online forums of people “trolling” for a variety of reasons; sometimes they just want to get a rise out of people, perhaps some sense of schadenfreude, sometimes there is a financial component (they shorted the stock), and so on.

Your complaints are legitimate, but also repetitive and offer very little new in that sense; we are well aware you are unhappy with the communication of Lucid. You’ve communicated that very clearly. Many of us agree. We also aren’t going to change it from here.

So once you’ve accepted the communication as is, then you have choices to make: do you still like the car? Do you still believe it is superior to other vehicles? If not, that’s okay! But then consider selling the car and finding one that suits you better from s company whose management style you prefer! No reason to stress about things you are unable to change. :)

Meanwhile, I will happily go ride in my Air :)
I agree with most of your comment. I have no intention of selling my Lucid. I love the car. The refinement of the car is beyond anything out there in the EV space. I know Lucid reads the forum. It's a great place for them to learn the customer experience. My Comme ts are honest. My temperature is not raised. I dont appreciate anyone telling me how to communicate my opinion. That's my only issue. It is productive to share it for those looking for an honest assessment of the vehicle/company.

I agree with most of your comment. I have no intention of selling my Lucid. I love the car. The refinement of the car is beyond anything out there in the EV space. I know Lucid reads the forum. It's a great place for them to learn the customer experience. My Comme ts are honest. My temperature is not raised. I dont appreciate anyone telling me how to communicate my opinion. That's my only issue. It is productive to share it for those looking for an honest assessment of the vehicle/company.
I’m glad we found some common ground!

As to the comment on being told how to communicate your opinion: you are more than welcome to communicate your opinion (almost) however you’d like. That is, at least in the US, your right per the first amendment. Go shout it from the rooftops and hold signs in front of their office or send smoke signals or whatever else you want to do.

What the first amendment does not grant you, however, is the right to communicate however you’d like and to force others to listen to you do it. We are trying to build a community here and be respectful of one another, and unfortunately that does mean tempering our tone sometimes. I am never going to “tone police” and tell you how to protest in general, but within a community you’d like to remain a part of (and that we would love for you to remain a part of) there are certain rules of decorum we have chosen to apply so that we may all benefit and enjoy the time we spend here.

You’re right: it is productive to share your honest comments. It is even more productive to ensure those comments will be taken in earnest, and a little bit of tempering your tone goes a long way.

I have no intention of selling my Lucid. I love the car. The refinement of the car is beyond anything out there in the EV space.

Yet you would recommend that a friend not buy a Lucid because you don't like how they communicate with you. Seriously?

Throughout my lengthy wait for a Dream Edition and all through my first 16 months with Lucid -- including having the first car totaled in a wreck and getting exemplary help from Lucid in vetting a replacement Dream Edition -- I found their communications among the best I have experienced from any car company.

This was in stark contrast to my experience with Rivian during an even longer four-year reservation period, where production dates got moved our more often than with Lucid, where emails went unanswered, where promised contacts never occurred.

It is also in stark contrast to a friend's experience in making a deposit for a VW ID.4, which he finally canceled due to prolonged bouts of radio silence, including being unable to get clarification on whether the price he reserved at would be honored upon a much-delayed delivery.

As to the comment on being told how to communicate your opinion: you are more than welcome to communicate your opinion (almost) however you’d like. That is, at least in the US, your right per the first amendment. Go shout it from the rooftops and hold signs in front of their office or send smoke signals or whatever else you want to do.

What the first amendment does not grant you, however, is the right to communicate however you’d like and to force others to listen to you do it. We are trying to build a community here and be respectful of one another, and unfortunately that does mean tempering our tone sometimes. I am never going to “tone police” and tell you how to protest in general, but within a community you’d like to remain a part of (and that we would love for you to remain a part of) there are certain rules of decorum we have chosen to apply so that we may all benefit and enjoy the time we spend here.

You’re right: it is productive to share your honest comments. It is even more productive to ensure those comments will be taken in earnest, and a little bit of tempering your tone goes a long way.
I have not been disrespectful. My tone has been measured. Thank you for the explanation. I however, understand the 1st amendment. Ill explain my experience in more detail in my next post.

I have a GT. Red....my service tech just showed up and told me I have the "rate" connector problem. It will apparently be picked up for repair. As for your concern....the Air I was referring to is the Lucid Air. I did not specify the trim level. I dont know need you to feel comfortable with my pos

Most excellent post

Happy Android Auto Thursday!!!! I feel that AA is just around the corner.

Happy Android Auto Thursday!!!! I feel that AA is just around the corner.
And I believe that Santa Claus is real!

Happy Android Auto Thursday!!!! Just remember that patience is a virtue.

1685672425031.png

Back