Android Auto Thursday

Bocabob

Verified Owner
Cars
air grand touring
I see a lot of discussion about carplay but Android auto seems to be......

Beholden to those Apple snobs *shakes fist*

I really don't care about either

You would think that Android Auto would be easier to implement on an Android vehicle stack, right?

The implementation and delivery of Android Auto should not be tied to Apple CarPlay.

Lucid's communication on its software development is mediocre at best. Customer surveys always show that admitting issues and product delays are better than receiving no communication at all from a company. This lack of official information about Android Auto/Apple CarPlay really doesn't help Lucid in a competitive market.

You would think that Android Auto would be easier to implement on an Android vehicle stack, right?

The implementation and delivery of Android Auto should not be tied to Apple CarPlay.

Lucid's communication on its software development is mediocre at best. Customer surveys always show that admitting issues and product delays are better than receiving no communication at all from a company. This lack of official information about Android Auto/Apple CarPlay really doesn't help Lucid in a competitive market.
I think from a marketing perspective, if they want to do a big "push" on release, it absolutely makes sense to tie the two together.

Otherwise, the story becomes "Lucid now has Android Auto. But where's CarPlay?"

Well one of my big asks a year back was android auto the answer from the sa and sales info was shall we say a bit puffed.
Here we are 1 year later and running on google back end and no auto very sad ......😢

Time to take "compatible" off the Lucid website. It has been that way from the start and I think the magnitude of the delay throws into question the veracity of that claim.

I don't understand why this isn't a priority project. It solves so many shortfalls in the software that would bring it up to standard ICE manufacturers at least.

I don't understand why this isn't a priority project. It solves so many shortfalls in the software that would bring it up to standard ICE manufacturers at least.
It is a priority project.

It is a priority project.
I guess I still don't understand how this could take so long considering almost every other manufacturer out there has been able to figure it out for years? Is there a short answer for dummies like me? Love the car regardless, just don't see why this wasnt done very early on instead of things like adding Alexa but not supporting Amazon Music even?

I guess I still don't understand how this could take so long considering almost every other manufacturer out there has been able to figure it out for years? Is there a short answer for dummies like me? Love the car regardless, just don't see why this wasnt done very early on instead of things like adding Alexa but not supporting Amazon Music even?
Because Lucid uses a non-standard screen size and their work has been done since at least the end of last year, but the hold up is presently on Apple who are taking their sweet time and are the only ones who can review this on actual hardware. I have this on fairly good authority but cannot name sources.

I have cool walk running in my car now on my raspberry pi setup seems pretty stable
20230219_094157.jpg

Back