Android Auto Thursday

Once in a while you need brains instead of just athleticism. It's the one big thing the car lacks.
Lucid vs Volvo?
Lol.

Lucid vs Volvo?
Lol.
If you haven't extensively driven and really relied on a car with integrated Google Maps, Assistant, and the rest of the package built in, you really have no idea how much better it can be than Alexa and HERE. They're not close to comparable.

We primarily use our Air on long trips because of its range. Sure, the car is a wonderful drive, but on trips we rely on accurate in-car navigation with a solid maps database full of relevant POIs. And a reliable voice assistant. The Volvo is so much better at this than the Air, if the Volvo could manage even 300 miles of freeway range, we'd take it every time over the Air.

I hadn't realized how important this was to me until we'd completed several long road trips in both cars. Except for charging, it's just so much easier to travel to unfamiliar places in the Volvo because of better software.
To each their own.

We've had the Volvo for three years, and the Air GT for 1.5.

On Monday, Apple announced "Apple Intelligence"; its long-awaited foray into the generative AI space. Given Lucid's focus as the premier electric iPhone transportation vehicle, I imagine that this announcement will portend a massive shift of Lucid's development resources in order to support CarPlay AI integration into their cars. God forbid that someone driving a Lucid will not be able to ask Siri the meaning of life, and not receive a definitive answer. As a Lucid owner and an Android Auto user, I most certainly do not know the meaning of life, other than the fact that it has little to do with anything Google-related.

...I most certainly do not know the meaning of life, other than the fact that it has little to do with anything Google-related.
To the meaning of life, no.
To the utility and ease of use of a car, absolutely, unless you are an iPhone user.

If you haven't extensively driven and really relied on a car with integrated Google Maps, Assistant, and the rest of the package built in, you really have no idea how much better it can be than Alexa and HERE. They're not close to comparable.

We primarily use our Air on long trips because of its range. Sure, the car is a wonderful drive, but on trips we rely on accurate in-car navigation with a solid maps database full of relevant POIs. And a reliable voice assistant. The Volvo is so much better at this than the Air, if the Volvo could manage even 300 miles of freeway range, we'd take it every time over the Air.

I hadn't realized how important this was to me until we'd completed several long road trips in both cars. Except for charging, it's just so much easier to travel to unfamiliar places in the Volvo because of better software.
To each their own.

We've had the Volvo for three years, and the Air GT for 1.5.
Like you said, to each their own.
To me, actually driving/feeling the car, the Air, grossly overcomes the possible glitches in the Air software wise.
But, I was never good with the video games.
Enjoy your Volvo to the foolest :).

Like you said, to each their own...
Enjoy your Volvo to the foolest :).
Not going to argue, but that was uncalled for. BTW my past long term cars have included two classic Ferraris and a daily driver Maser. I'm familiar with the joy of driving. The Volvo is better at the joy of finding our destination and getting us there, that's all.

Just realized, i misspelled.
Fullest that is :)
Tongue-in-cheek thingie.
Will you forgive me?

Happy Android Auto Thursday!!!!

Just remember that "When people are waiting, they are bad judges of time, and every half minute seems like five.” - Jane Austen

Just remember that "When people are waiting, they are bad judges of time, and every half minute seems like five.” - Jane Austen
IMG_0793.jpeg

Interesting quote. I'm always reading how people have lost the ability to wait for things now, they want everything instantly. Which implies that back in Jane Austen's time, people had more patience.

Back