And I got my first flat.

I asked about this at my test drive and was told these are Not the run flat ires you speak of. Also most high end tire manufactors are indeed telling you now their tires should not be plugged.

I was not speaking of run-flat tires, which derive that characteristic from sidewall construction. I was referring to the noise suppression foam blocks that are placed inside noise suppressing tires behind the tread to suppress certain harmonics. The Lucid Pirelli tires do have those foam inserts.
Screen Shot 2022-04-10 at 8.08.49 PM.png

I hope Pirelli has done their homework on these tires as far as how quiet they are at highway speeds. They have been OEM tires on three of my
MB’s and I had them replaced with Michelin Pilot Sports which are much quieter and give a smoother ride.

I hope Pirelli has done their homework on these tires as far as how quiet they are at highway speeds. They have been OEM tires on three of my
MB’s and I had them replaced with Michelin Pilot Sports which are much quieter and give a smoother ride.
I'm hoping that Michelin will introduce versions of their Pilot Sport EV for each of the Air's sizes.

Of note, https://m.tirerack.com/images/pdf/warranty/PI0921.pdf

Because the Pirelli’s have the PNCS foam, they should be covered under their road hazard warranty for the first year.
Sometimes those types of warranties have “special” considerations when they come with a vehicle(retail vs OEM). I wouldn’t rely on the warranty info on Pirelli’s site until we have it confirmed it is the exact same (unless I missed this and it’s already done)

Sometimes those types of warranties have “special” considerations when they come with a vehicle(retail vs OEM). I wouldn’t rely on the warranty info on Pirelli’s site until we have it confirmed it is the exact same (unless I missed this and it’s already done)

Chris, at least, informed me that they’re aware of this and have already submitted warranty claims to Pirelli. That’s all I know for now.

Reactions: PFM
I'm hoping that Michelin will introduce versions of their Pilot Sport EV for each of the Air's sizes.
TireRack already has tires listed as compatible with Pirellis in the 19 tire, but the 21 tires have a slightly lower load rating than the HL rated Pirellis.

Back