And...another Sapphire, mine is #65.

Insanity, and I damn love it! But, a question... how did you get the paint to exactly match?
I scrapped it off of the inside of the frunk here and there. Lol
Jokes aside, a friendly body shop supplier. Pretty good match I'd say.
It should be a mandatory customization by Lucid.

Nice! I can't even get a small amount of Zenith Red touch up paint.
Dr Colorchip or I have some I may be able to share (just need to find it and see if it hasn’t dried out).

The Zenith Red is hard because there are two coats - the color itself, and the the tinted clear coat. The clear coat they can’t easily give you because it dries super fast. So I used the color to touch up a tiny chip, and you can’t really tell the difference, but it doesn’t have the tinted clear coat on it.

Dr Colorchip or I have some I may be able to share (just need to find it and see if it hasn’t dried out).

The Zenith Red is hard because there are two coats - the color itself, and the the tinted clear coat. The clear coat they can’t easily give you because it dries super fast. So I used the color to touch up a tiny chip, and you can’t really tell the difference, but it doesn’t have the tinted clear coat on it.
If possible, could you send a picture showing the touched-up spot?

If possible, could you send a picture showing the touched-up spot?
You won’t see it; it was a teeny tiny corner of a door, and we injected it in under the PPF with a hypodermic needle lol.

Hang on, I have a video:

You won’t see it; it was a teeny tiny corner of a door, and we injected it in under the PPF with a hypodermic needle lol.

Hang on, I have a video:
...and occasionally for heroin.
Great sense of humor. Lol.

Hang on, I have a video:
1. I don't even see a chip
2. How did it chip under the clear bra?
3. If you ever remove the clear bra, will you pull the paint off?
4. If you you inject heroin with a used needle, will you get a Zenith Red tattoo?

1. I don't even see a chip
OCDetailing doesn’t have OCD in the name just for the funnies.

2. How did it chip under the clear bra?
It was chipped prior to the clear bra being applied, but I didn’t have the touch up paint. Instead of waiting however long until I could get some, Joe assured me he would inject it and it would be fine, so that’s what we did. I made him make a video because I thought this was sorcery lol.

3. If you ever remove the clear bra, will you pull the paint off?
No. Apparently not. I haven’t tried it, but he’s done this a countless number of times apparently and it’s an industry “open secret” lol

4. If you you inject heroin with a used needle, will you get a Zenith Red tattoo?
Feel free to email Joe and ask :)

I'll eventually get around to giving this a try on arguably the most vulnerable part of the car ... the aft most corner of the rear door right above the wheel well. I figure all Airs will eventually lose paint at that corner. :(

That is next level anal retentiveness and attention to detail - I don’t think I would have ever even noticed either of those chips. I know as the owner once you see it then you always see it, but all my cars should be totaled compared to yours. 😜

Back