Among First 12 Dream Edition Owners

Does the vehicle have a HUD? Cant find this info anywhere?
No it does not. I thought I wanted a HUD but after thinking about it, what would I need it to do? Navigation cues are audible and displayed on 34" screen. Speed would be redundant. No need for pitch or roll, LOL. In a car after thinking about it it's kind of a gimmick. FLIR would be what's needed.

When you get used to a HUD, it's really very useful. It's always in your field of vision and there's no need to divert your attention to the instrument panels for pertinent information. It's particularly nice when using navigation. My wife's lowly Hyundai Sonata Hybrid has a nicely detailed HUD. It's crazy that the Lucid doesn't have it.

My guess is they will probably add HUD at some point in the future. But when you are launching a new car you have to prioritize options and features. For example the Porsche Taycan launched without a HUD, but then added it as an option after the first year of production.

Regardless, a well laid out gauge cluster essentially eliminates the need for a HUD. I've had HUD in two prior vehicles, and I don't really miss it today.

When you get used to a HUD, it's really very useful. It's always in your field of vision and there's no need to divert your attention to the instrument panels for pertinent information. It's particularly nice when using navigation. My wife's lowly Hyundai Sonata Hybrid has a nicely detailed HUD. It's crazy that the Lucid doesn't have it.

Ok, but when does a become a distraction? Just a question, drivers focus should be on the road. Since cars existed with a gauge cluster looking down to get your speed was it. I'm still confused what navigation info you need? Not to sound cynical but one needs to be told which direction is left or right?

I’ve never seen it as a distraction. If you can get some of the same information by looking straight ahead as opposed to down or to the side, that is less distracting and results in more time with your eyes on the road. I suspect it’s the same reason it’s used by fighter pilots.

I find it particularly useful when noting how far it is to my next turn and whether I need to be in the left or right lane. Sure you can get that info from the dash, but again that results in taking your eyes off the road.

We used to back out without cameras. We used to change lanes without blind spot mirrors. We used to drive without adaptive cruise control. Are any of these absolutely necessary? No, but they make our drive safer and more comfortable. Time and technology marches on. :)

Reactions: FFT
I’ve never seen it as a distraction. If you can get some of the same information by looking straight ahead as opposed to down or to the side, that is less distracting and results in more time with your eyes on the road. I suspect it’s the same reason it’s used by fighter pilots.

I find it particularly useful when noting how far it is to my next turn and whether I need to be in the left or right lane. Sure you can get that info from the dash, but again that results in taking your eyes off the road.

We used to back out without cameras. We used to change lanes without blind spot mirrors. We used to drive without adaptive cruise control. Are any of these absolutely necessary? No, but they make our drive safer and more comfortable. Time and technology marches on. :)
Well said.

Does the vehicle have a HUD? Cant find this info anywhere?
You can’t find the info anywhere, because it does not have a HUD. I guess I’m late to the party

I think it's worth saying, there is no blind spot. I've found this to be the most humorous thing of the last semicentennial.

Because of the way they laid out the screens, I feel a HUD would be redundant. Honestly, once you get behind the wheel and all the information is within your eye level, it doesn't need the HUD.

Alex - Since you were an early reservation holder, have you recieved a delivery date or VIN yet?
No word yet. I even haven’t gotten answers to some basic questions. I was told they would have more answers when the cars are delivered to customers.

What basic questions?

What basic questions?
The main question I had was about satellite XM radio availability. I was told at the Scottsdale event it had that, but no one could confirm it. It’s available through Apple CarPlay, but I’m looking for a built in satellite version because I travel through areas that have no internet. Other minor questions are being answered by people like you, who actually have a car.

The main question I had was about satellite XM radio availability. I was told at the Scottsdale event it had that, but no one could confirm it. It’s available through Apple CarPlay, but I’m looking for a built in satellite version because I travel through areas that have no internet. Other minor questions are being answered by people like you, who actually have a car.
+1

Ahh, yea no Siriusxm built in. This is what's available now.

Attachments

• 20211119_094321.jpg
    20211119_094321.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 196
I would think if there’s no shark fin antenna on the roof there’s no satellite XM capability. I’m not aware of any other way to receive XM satellite.

I would think if there’s no shark fin antenna on the roof there’s no satellite XM capability. I’m not aware of any other way to receive XM satellite.
I still find it weird an external antenna is needed.

Back