Aluminum and rubber dead pedal

Did you use Vcarve for this project?
I have a machine shop I’ve used in the past that has a CAD/CAM program for my projects. Let’s hope they made it through Covid

I have a machine shop I’ve used in the past that has a CAD/CAM program for my projects. Let’s hope they made it through Covid
Sounds very promising.

My usual supplier of rubber strips no longer carries any thing that is considered hard rubber in the appropriate size, it’s all spongy. I have then got sidetracked with work and a bunch of nuisance things( both central air at home and office went south, painting the house, etc) so I’m looking at other companies to supply the hard strips in fits and starts. It will take a bit longer than I anticipated as life got in the way
Count me in to buy your dead pedal 👍

👍
I’ve had this idea rolling around in my head to get an aluminum and rubber dead pedal replacement machined for the cheap plastic piece that currently serves that function. Basically the idea is to take 3/16 or 1/4 stock aluminum and mill out using a CAD/CAM program the lucid logo and the dark areas on the template about 1/2 way into the stock. Then insert and glue rubber strips into that groove that would rise above the aluminum about 1/4 inch. The logo I would fill with grey epoxy or if I wanted to get fancy use some 3M self adhesive open faced walnut to match my interior to be just under level into the letters. Before assembly I would probably do a little sandblast of the aluminum to give it the soft burnished look of the aluminum in the interior. I would also radius the foot just a bit where it kicks out. For attachment I think the exposed metal areas underneath would work for some sheet Velcro cut to size and would be about as thick as the existing carpet. Any thoughts on the design or is anyone interested if I get some pricing I may make more than one, certainly cheaper to run a small batch. This is just a rough concept at this point
👍

Well it looks like a big initial batch ( lower overall cost greater numbers I hope)

Well it looks like a big initial batch ( lower overall cost greater numbers I hope)
You may be on your way to becoming one of the first third-party aftermarket mods suppliers for Lucid owners, if you're not careful.

You may be on your way to becoming one of the first third-party aftermarket mods suppliers for Lucid owners, if you're not careful.
I wonder if anyone has trademarked “Air Accessories “

I wonder if anyone has trademarked “Air Accessories “
"Air Supply"?

You can get the band to sue you; the free publicity will be well worth it.

"Air Supply"?

You can get the band to sue you; the free publicity will be well worth it.
LOL, excellent idea. There is no such thing as bad publicity!

LOL, excellent idea. There is no such thing as bad publicity!
Since it’s for foot accessory, might as well call it Air Jordan.

This is wonderful stuff. You guys have barely learned your cars and already modding them. Spent years on volvo enthusiast sites and this is the kind of stuff we did all the time, on our family daily drivers, and here you guys are doing things to your state-of-the-art EVs. Who knew that you could mod an EV ? Only a matter of time until the high-end auido guys and the I-have-a-CNC-in-the-garage guys get together with mods we haven't dreamed of doing on our ICEs. Yeah I pulled the motors and rewound them with 6-nines silver wire. Sickness. For some reason I know so many tool&die and master machinists ... every one of them is cool as heck. This is fun. Thanks for being crazy. Oh, I"m in.

toilet carborator

(sorry about the ad)

Back