ALL TEXAS OWNERS (or future owners) please post on this thread

I chatted with support and they reached out to lucid dmv department for an email that I should receive within a week should be able to pick up my custom plate in McKinney.

LCID AIR custom plate is sleek btw @LCID AIR TX

@joec temp tag is only for 3 months did you get it extended
Yes. They extended. But that expires June 7, so we’ll see what happens.

@demhoise getting backto you on this...got my carregistered and titled successfully today ...very painless...LUCID's Fed Ex package had it all...the forms and inspection report. I took the package and my plates from my older car that I wanted to reuse with me to the Tax Assessor office...walked up to the window...told them Im titling and registering and after about 5-6 mins ...I was asked to pay a certain eye watering amount but then I was basically done...One note of caution...if you do not get the car registered and titled even after 30 days of taking delivery...they start charging a $175 penalty for each month you dont get registered...I took delivery on Feb 28 and got registered on April 6th so I had to pay $350 in penalties...dont make the mistake I makde and get it registered asap or atleast well within the 30 day mark...other than that I was told I should get the title in the mail in about 4-6 weeks...pretty painless process except the 350 penalty...hope this helps
Hi @lucidtouringman so I got my fed ex package. Question. i see that Lucid paid and had my car inspected and the receipt is in the package. Did yours come with that too? if so how did you get an inspection sticker?

Hi @lucidtouringman so I got my fed ex package. Question. i see that Lucid paid and had my car inspected and the receipt is in the package. Did yours come with that too? if so how did you get an inspection sticker?
Yes my INSPECTION REPORT itself came with the package from Lucid.. not just the receipt for it. So all I literally had to do was take the FedEx package and my checkbook to pay taxes to the DMV. That's all I had to do really... Took 10 mins at the DMV.

Yes my INSPECTION REPORT itself came with the package from Lucid.. not just the receipt for it. So all I literally had to do was take the FedEx package and my checkbook to pay taxes to the DMV. That's all I had to do really... Took 10 mins at the DMV.
Yes I have the report but what about the actual window sticker?

Same for me. Check the glovebox if you haven't already...
Oh wow, totally misread this, so ignore my prior post. Lucid handled all that for me as I took delivery last year. It all arrived in the mail. Sounds like this year, you do need to go to assessor’s office.

I live in Houston, so I have to go to tax assessor office to pay tax and pickup the license plate and the sticker there, since it is new car the sticker is for 2 years
Interesting... My sticker was for just one year! Do I need to go back and get it updated? I'm in Houston and the car was brand new at time of registration

Also remember to get it registered in Texas within 30 days after delivery as they start adding fines after 30 days are over ..

Interesting... My sticker was for just one year! Do I need to go back and get it updated? I'm in Houston and the car was brand new at time of registration
My sticker in Franklin County was also only one year. Didn't know why it wasn't two years and I didn't notice until after I put the sticker on the windshield....

My sticker in Franklin County was also only one year. Didn't know why it wasn't two years and I didn't notice until after I put the sticker on the windshield....
So sorry everyone. The clerk was wrong or I possibly heard wrong. She handed over my envelope and mentioned about a 2 years sticker, but I now checked the sticker on my Air and it only shows 2024.

Texas owners don't procrastinate on registering your Lucid. Starting Sept 1st the new registration fee is 400$ . Renewals will be 200$ going forward.

Got my tag in the mail and stickers didn't pay anything to tx dmv btw, taxes and registration fee was part of lucid payment however because I ordered a special tag I took the plates to dmv to swap it for a fee of 56cents ended up paying 2usd extra for card fee because we I had no cash

Couple of us are planning to meet tomorrow for coffee in the Houston Sugar Land area.. details below... Join in if you'd like to meet up!

Time : 11am -12 Noon
Address: 13533 University Blvd #200, Sugar Land, TX 77479

Couple of us are planning to meet tomorrow for coffee in the Houston Sugar Land area.. details below... Join in if you'd like to meet up!

Time : 11am -12 Noon
Address: 13533 University Blvd #200, Sugar Land, TX 77479
Count me in! Will be happy to see more Air!

Back