Air Pure standard equipment

People here made fun of me when I said I suspected I wouldn't see my Pure until 2024. That is beginning to look likely.

Fortunately for me, I have a very nice loaded BMW 530e plugin hybrid that has GEICO MBI until the end of 2024 so I can wait.

While I would like the Pure next year, I am able to wait until the following year if necessary.

Managed to catch a Ride/Test drive with a buddy that was invited to test drive a GT in West Palm Beach.

First off, Jose was great and answered all our questions (I felt) honestly with the info he had. Being a Pure pre-order I had a few questions as to what the Pure will have included.
We were told that the sunshades, and the surround cameras will be included
Several of the seat option are not included. no massage, leg extension, etc
No HP or performance info on the dual motor option. As in a previous post, I do hope they throw us a bone with HP/performance.
When leaving, I felt confident with my reservation. But, I am keeping my overall excitement down until we get to ordering time.

Driving. We swapped drivers half-way and were able to drive on city streets as well as a quick run on the interstate. Great driving car. We drove in Swift mode to resemble the performance of the Pure, and if its close, the Car will be quick.

Hope this helps

Reserved Air Pure on November 22, 2021
Silver, 20", Dual motor

For all of you with a Pure or Touring ordered, I just got a GT 10d ago. I would recommend AGAINST the glass roof and AGAINST the massaging seats. The glass roof is just too much glare and sun. Even with a glare film (I got Huper Optik) which is great, why bother with the extra money. The massage seats are a gimmik. They work, but my family of 4 has all tried them and we all turn them off within a few minutes. They aren't really very good at massaging you. I am sure others will jump on the massage seat bandwagon, but if you can save the $ I would recommend it. Mine came with it, and I now really don't use it. Today morning I turned it on again just because I felt I should, but once again turned it off after 10 min. The extra HP would be nice.

For all of you with a Pure or Touring ordered, I just got a GT 10d ago. I would recommend AGAINST the glass roof and AGAINST the massaging seats. The glass roof is just too much glare and sun. Even with a glare film (I got Huper Optik) which is great, why bother with the extra money. The massage seats are a gimmik. They work, but my family of 4 has all tried them and we all turn them off within a few minutes. They aren't really very good at massaging you. I am sure others will jump on the massage seat bandwagon, but if you can save the $ I would recommend it. Mine came with it, and I now really don't use it. Today morning I turned it on again just because I felt I should, but once again turned it off after 10 min. The extra HP would be nice.
The main reason to upgrade to the GT is NOT the glass roof or massaging seats. It's the extra range and HP and having DDPro included.

Massage seats are not an option on the Touring or Pure, so that makes it easy.

The glass roof is not an option on the Pure. So that’s easy as well.

For me, I love the glass roof on my Tesla. And I had no issues in 100+ degree heat on my Air test drive. But this one is definitely one of those things one should try before you buy, as there seems to be quite the disparity between those who love it and those who hate it.

Unfortunately, right now there are no Tourings or Pures to test drive, and thus no non-glass roof to try. I’m not optimistic one will be available to test before most Touring customers are asked to confirm. Such is life when buying from a brand new car company.

The main reason to upgrade to the GT is NOT the glass roof or massaging seats. It's the extra range and HP and having DDPro included.
Honestly it is only the range and HP. DDpro isn't real yet....maybe ever? Tesla folks have been claiming that for years but look where that got them so far.
Unfortunately, right now there are no Tourings or Pures to test drive, and thus no non-glass roof to try.
Sit in a car with a glass roof (many other brands offer them, mercedes, tesla, etc...) and try it out. One glass roof is pretty much like another, full sun and glare vs not.

I am very happy with my car, but in an alternate reality would delete the roof and seats and save money, but keep 819 HP and nice sound system. . Maybe our Touring and Pure folks can have some of their cake and eat it too.

Anyone know the gross vehicle weight of the Pure, the Pure AWD, and the Touring variants? Not the curb weight, I am looking for the GVR?

Anyone know the gross vehicle weight of the Pure, the Pure AWD, and the Touring variants? Not the curb weight, I am looking for the GVR?
GVR means weight of all passengers, the car, and the cargo. I wonder if they have that...Do not exceed 15 people in the Air 😉

Managed to catch a Ride/Test drive with a buddy that was invited to test drive a GT in West Palm Beach.

First off, Jose was great and answered all our questions (I felt) honestly with the info he had. Being a Pure pre-order I had a few questions as to what the Pure will have included.
We were told that the sunshades, and the surround cameras will be included

Congrats on the test drive! Thanks for all the info. I do think that the surround cameras are only included in the Pure if you get DDP. At least thats how I read the below:

Screen Shot 2022-07-31 at 12.11.57 AM.png

I had seen that as well. That's why I asked. I guess we will have to see.
Since DDP is currently not available, I find it interesting that we were able to use surround view and BSD on our test drive vehicle.

I just wanted to report back what I was told.

I had seen that as well. That's why I asked. I guess we will have to see.
Since DDP is currently not available, I find it interesting that we were able to use surround view and BSD on our test drive vehicle.

I just wanted to report back what I was told.
DDP is a suite of features. Some of them are active and available now. Others are coming in a future update. The surround view is one that is available now.

Back