Air Pure reservations

MorganB

Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
Touring Silver Santa Cruz
Referral Code
93UMQZHW
Hi everyone. Relatively new here and new to the EV market. Lucid has me on range and exclusivity but I'm not ready to head north of 100k for an automobile so I reserved a Pure in the hopes that some day Lucid will get around to making them!

I thought I would start a thread for those of us interested in the Pure.

I'm thinking Cosmos Silver with AWD and upgraded sound options for my order.

Welcome aboard! The Dreams are almost all delivered and many of us are waiting for our Grand Tourings. I’m hopeing that Lucid can ramp us so those Pure trims start delivering this year!

Welcome! I think the Pure is an excellent deal and glad you reserved one.

One of the advantages of this forum is you should get a lot of data on the various options before you need to confirm (stereo, interior, wheels, dream drive).

What were you considering for a configuration?

Welcome! I think the Pure is an excellent deal and glad you reserved one.

One of the advantages of this forum is you should get a lot of data on the various options before you need to confirm (stereo, interior, wheels, dream drive).

What were you considering for a configuration?

I'm thinking Cosmos Silver, Mojave PurLuxe Interior, surreal sound system, 19” Aero Range Wheels, Metal Roof and AWD Drivetrain. They currently only offer Mojave on the Pure so no choice there. I'm hoping the metal roof will reduce the trim above the windows as it doesn't have to be so reinforced in that area theoretically. Also hoping AWD will up the HP.

I'm thinking Cosmos Silver, Mojave PurLuxe Interior, surreal sound system, 19” Aero Range Wheels, Metal Roof and AWD Drivetrain. They currently only offer Mojave on the Pure so no choice there. I'm hoping the metal roof will reduce the trim above the windows as it does have to be so reinforced in that area theoretically. Also hoping AWD will up the HP.
That’s a good combo. Even though I have the GT on order, I’d love to have non-glass roof. I would be surprised if the AWD doesn’t have more HP as well.

That’s a good combo. Even though I have the GT on order, I’d love to have non-glass roof. I would be surprised if the AWD doesn’t have more HP as well.
When I get mine I'll trade you haha. I was tempted by the GT but its just beyond what I want to spend currently. I'm hoping I will have the Pure in hand around this time next year. I put a deposit down in the hopes they will honor the price if there is an increase prior to locking in the order.

What's your combo?

When I get mine I'll trade you haha. I was tempted by the GT but its just beyond what I want to spend currently. I'm hoping I will have the Pure in hand around this time next year. I put a deposit down in the hopes they will honor the price if there is an increase prior to locking in the order.

What's your combo?

I am in no rush as my current car is very comfortable and rides well (BMW 530e). I put down a deposit on a Pure knowing that it will be some time before they start making them as it will give Lucid time to work out the software issues. Tesla is still doing that and every manufacturer has some of those.

I want to replace my current car in either 2023 or 2024. If, by then, Lucid is still trying to get the software to work and be reliable, I will go elsewhere. But I am optimistic that Lucid will succeed.

Looking forward to my Pure's arrival sometime in 23. Went to the Fashion Island Newport Beach location over the weekend. The vehicle looks amazing and TBH, the materials for the Pure (they had a sample board) look VERY GOOD. The only difference is Vegan vs Leather. I also happen to like that the rear and carpet in the Pure are not light. The Pure's seating is dark gray up front and not as dark gray in the rear. everything else is darker gray or black hues. I thought that the dash wasn't going to have wood, but the wood is the same as dark wood as in other vehicles. My only disappointment is that the metal roof is not contrasting. I think it would look great in silver ... may consider a roof wrap when I get the vehicle. Dark gray paint color looks great in the sample they have in Newport Beach.

I am in no rush as my current car is very comfortable and rides well (BMW 530e). I put down a deposit on a Pure knowing that it will be some time before they start making them as it will give Lucid time to work out the software issues. Tesla is still doing that and every manufacturer has some of those.

I want to replace my current car in either 2023 or 2024. If, by then, Lucid is still trying to get the software to work and be reliable, I will go elsewhere. But I am optimistic that Lucid will succeed.

I'm in this mindset as well. I like my current car (2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Q2) but in the last few months of ownership it has required quite a few repairs thankfully under an extended warranty. I was going to trade it this summer when the extended warranty is up but as there's not really anything on the market I want currently I decided to wait and give the EV market another year to expand and hopefully a few chargers to be installed. Like you say it will also allow Lucid to stamp out some of the bugs. I agree with the notion that Lucid will succeed. They have the battery and engine tech that are more forward thinking unlike much that the traditional automakers are bringing to market. I think efficiency and range will continue to be a deciding factor for many EV purchasers and Lucid is ahead of the curve on that.

Looking forward to my Pure's arrival sometime in 23. Went to the Fashion Island Newport Beach location over the weekend. The vehicle looks amazing and TBH, the materials for the Pure (they had a sample board) look VERY GOOD. The only difference is Vegan vs Leather. I also happen to like that the rear and carpet in the Pure are not light. The Pure's seating is dark gray up front and not as dark gray in the rear. everything else is darker gray or black hues. I thought that the dash wasn't going to have wood, but the wood is the same as dark wood as in other vehicles. My only disappointment is that the metal roof is not contrasting. I think it would look great in silver ... may consider a roof wrap when I get the vehicle. Dark gray paint color looks great in the sample they have in Newport Beach.
Thanks for the info on the sample board! Thats very encouraging. I haven't seen any sample boards yet and I was wondering about the materials. Glad to hear it will have wood as well. I'm waiting for the Lucid Studio to open here in Dallas which supposedly is this spring to take a look at the car and hopefully drive it. I like the idea of the dark grey interior. I'm leaning towards the silver on the outside because my last 3 cars have been dark grey and I would like a change. I personally don't mind the non contrasting metal roof, I like it but I think the car looks nice without it in the renderings on the website. I've seen a black dream edition on the road here in Dallas and I hope the owner didnt mind me slowing down to drive next to him to get a look haha.

Thanks for the info on the sample board! Thats very encouraging. I haven't seen any sample boards yet and I was wondering about the materials. Glad to hear it will have wood as well. I'm waiting for the Lucid Studio to open here in Dallas which supposedly is this spring to take a look at the car and hopefully drive it. I like the idea of the dark grey interior. I'm leaning towards the silver on the outside because my last 3 cars have been dark grey and I would like a change. I personally don't mind the non contrasting metal roof, I like it but I think the car looks nice without it in the renderings on the website. I've seen a black dream edition on the road here in Dallas and I hope the owner didnt mind me slowing down to drive next to him to get a look haha.
Yea, I should have taken a pic of the sample board so people could at least see the materials. I requested a pic from the contact I made there, I'll post when they reply. Silver exterior would also look good, I've had multiple silver vehicles and they "hide" dirt best. By the time we get our Pures, there should be multiple examples in the wild to compare of Touring, etc.

New here and to the EV market as well! I have been following the EV market but it's my first time to make any serious purchase thoughts.

Actually reserved a red Pure yesterday! Going for AWD and Surround Pro too. The Touring is way beyond my budget. Actually even the Pure is stretching my budget as I was going to settle with a Model Y but the 7500 tax credit makes a huge difference. After thorough reading I'd say, for me at least, the Pure has better overall value.

Agree that the Pure is the real "value" proposition. I also do not want the glass roof. Have read one DE owner saying that he is not feeling any sunny day heat issues with it, but that was not my experience in my Tesla. Just trying to keep my cool with the wait for the Pure.

Agree that the Pure is the real "value" proposition. I also do not want the glass roof. Have read one DE owner saying that he is not feeling any sunny day heat issues with it, but that was not my experience in my Tesla. Just trying to keep my cool with the wait for the Pure.
Glass roof is great! No heat at all coming off it, especially compared with rhe Model Y

I have had the same concern here in Scottsdale. On my current DD, I tend to only open the glass roof when I am parked in the heat and want to let some hot air escape out the top.

Glass roof is great! No heat at all coming off it, especially compared with rhe Model Y
I suppose that's one extra reason for me to stay away from Tesla. I really like the glass top but I wasn't aware of the heat issues. Would be nice to have the glass roof available as an option for the Pure.

The Lucid A/C is far superior to the MS Plaid. Lucid has separate fan and temperature controls for driver and passenger. The Lucid does a much better job distributing the air as well. The Air conditioned seats work well in both cars. Living in South Florida I have not had an opportunity to test the cold weather performance. Did o.k on a 53 degree day. The A/C on auto does a good job of selecting the right vents automatically to match the temperature settings as well.

Yea, I should have taken a pic of the sample board so people could at least see the materials. I requested a pic from the contact I made there, I'll post when they reply. Silver exterior would also look good, I've had multiple silver vehicles and they "hide" dirt best. By the time we get our Pures, there should be multiple examples in the wild to compare of Touring, etc.
34E62E69-8FE0-461E-9376-24A425F8B1DF.jpeg

Pure reserved 10/17/2020. Zenith Red. AWD option, maybe. Sold by the tech and Rawlinson as well as design. The last time I asked my SA, the Pure options had not been finalized. Given my reservation date my SA said I should be among the early deliveries. I am hoping for 1Q ’23. I have a 2013 MKZ with the glass roof option that slides back. I love it, but my wife hates it - so metal roof it is with the Air. Waiting to hear 1st quater report as to how many cars have rolled off the assembly line. Seems like no one has a solid number on how many each of Grand Touring, Touring, and Pure have been reserved. Wonder which group is the bulge in the python’s belly.

Back