4BE3C0F5-422B-4A80-911F-C462FE539DFF.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 226
  • 508FB7EC-83A2-4FE6-8FDB-FD5B7D823326.jpeg
    508FB7EC-83A2-4FE6-8FDB-FD5B7D823326.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 220
  • A33EB7A1-D455-4FC0-B091-A887B8EF6A6F.jpeg
    A33EB7A1-D455-4FC0-B091-A887B8EF6A6F.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 203
Nice! Would love to see the 19" snows when you are finished.

If we're trying to determine how production of the Dream Edition is progressing, perhaps we should consider the Order Confirmation Numbers rather than the Vin. We were always told that the order of production for each customer's Dream Edition would be dictated by the dates they submitted their confirmed orders. In my case, I received an email from Lucid Sales dated 9-22-21 with the subject: We've received your order AD****-*2193. I'm surmising the first 2 letters indicate the model-Air Dream Edition. The last four digits could indicate mine was the 93rd confirmed order in 2021. My Dream is being delivered tomorrow (Jan. 7). Even if one assumes that some individuals were given priority in the production sequence, that would put possible delivery of Dreams at maybe 150.

Hi, guys. I received my “order confirmed” email October 8, 2021 for my Dream Edition Performance. Still waiting on a delivery date though. I wonder if I’m close. Does anyone know how many Dream Editions have already been delivered?

If we're trying to determine how production of the Dream Edition is progressing, perhaps we should consider the Order Confirmation Numbers rather than the Vin. We were always told that the order of production for each customer's Dream Edition would be dictated by the dates they submitted their confirmed orders. In my case, I received an email from Lucid Sales dated 9-22-21 with the subject: We've received your order AD****-*2193. I'm surmising the first 2 letters indicate the model-Air Dream Edition. The last four digits could indicate mine was the 93rd confirmed order in 2021. My Dream is being delivered tomorrow (Jan. 7). Even if one assumes that some individuals were given priority in the production sequence, that would put possible delivery of Dreams at maybe 150.

Nope. My GT order starts with AD and the last 5 digits are in the 50,000 range

10 grand for 4 19" wheels!?? Now, THAT'S hilarious.

Well, it included tires and mounting . . . .

I think what happened is that when my friend first called Lucid about winter wheels and tires, Lucid was not yet set up to sell extras to customers. (This was just a few weeks after first devilries had started, and Lucid will eventually have an online accessories shop set up along the lines of Tesla.) So the rep just asked someone what extra wheels and tires should cost right now, and someone threw out a SWAG. Once the issue got elevated, Lucid set a more realistic price.

Frankly, my friend was just looking to get the wheels and tires shipped to him so that he could have them installed locally. He was surprised when Lucid sent a tech to do the job at no additional cost and ended up delighted with the service he got.

Well, that's a good news story! From virtually all reports, post-delivery service techs have been stellar. That was an early concern of mine (e.g., what happens when you get a flat tire on the road; no spare, no donut, and no room to stow away a backup wheel in the frunk/trunk inner well). Not an appealing mental image of your DE sitting on the side of the road waiting for road service.

While all the service calls I've read have been for on-property issues, I would definitely be interested in hearing about any actual road service experiences. Obviously too early to tell, but those service vans appear stocked for nearly any eventuality. :)

Not sure about that interpretation. My last four is -2058 that confirmed my order on November 28, 2020 -- no delivery scheduled as yet.
So, are you saying your placed your order at the end of September 2021 and expect delivery today -- 3 months later??

I am still awaiting my DE. I was one of the fit/finish part delays. I have not heard from my DA. However, I have confirmed that my 21” Pirelli snow tires from my Model S are the same size as the DE 21”, so that will be good…someday.
are you sure? My tire guy (very good) says that there aren't any snow options for DE (21"), at least none that are matching/runflat.

are you sure? My tire guy (very good) says that there aren't any snow options for DE (21"), at least none that are matching/runflat.
I haven't received my car so I can't confirm the tire size, but my DA told me they are 245/35/21 front, 265/35/21 rear. Would appreciate someone with the 21s who has received their car confirm this! If this is accurate, they are the same size as the Pirelli Winter Sottozero that are currently mounted on my Tesla Model S P100D. Awesome snow tires. However, they are not run-flats.

In theory the Nokian Hakkapeliitta R3's should work. The are the right size, but the load rating for the front tire might not be sufficient. They are rated for 1565lbs. So we would need to check the rating against the gross vehicle weight.

Here's the sticker.
20220107_112831.jpg

Good find! These are also awesome tires - we have them on my wife's Mercedes GLS550, which I assume is heavier than the Air.

The 245 fronts have a lower load rating than the 265 rears. So that would be the only concern using them on the Lucid. I'm assuming your GLS550 has 265+ all around.

They are great tires. I have them on our Polestar 2. It's like a Scandinavian rally car in the snow.

The 245 fronts have a lower load rating than the 265 rears. So that would be the only concern using them on the Lucid. I'm assuming your GLS550 has 265+ all around.

They are great tires. I have them on our Polestar 2. It's like a Scandinavian rally car in the snow.

Since so many Lucid reservation holders need snow tires for the winter season, I don't understand why Lucid HQ does not at least give recommendations for those brands that will fit properly. What's the hold up?

Since so many Lucid reservation holders need snow tires for the winter season, I don't understand why Lucid HQ does not at least give recommendations for those brands that will fit properly. What's the hold up?
I would think it's a liability issue, if they haven't tested the tires themselves.

Back