Air Dream Deliveries?

They definitely have the space for it. Maybe some legal problems selling directly from factory?

You can't "sell" from a factory. Unless a subsidiary onsite has a dealership license.

You can legally pickup a vehicle at any US car factory.

Federal law says automakers can't discount destination charges. Everybody pays the same exact thing whether pickup is in Hawaii or at the factory. Rural US Senators got this provision passed into law decades ago to prevent rural folks from paying obscene destination fees.

I agree, when you have to government doing everything possible to free up the ports the logistics problems are real. Lucid could mitigate this by allowing customers to pick up from factory it is was a major roadblock in getting the cars into peoples hands though.

Which is wild because I know a lot of people willing to pick up at the factory, myself included (from Chicago).

This was my original intention when I made reservation. Then they told me it wouldn't be an option. I guess it worked out since we now have a better return trip planned.

YES!! I am totally willing to fly down to Phoenix and take an Uber to the Factory to pick up my car!! Or even pick it up at the delivery center in Phoenix!! I just want my car please!!!
I changed my pick from Wisconsin to the Scottsdale Store in hopes to get it earlier.

Yes I'm looking forward to the drive and bringing a friend to help document the event. Post it here and to you tube to share my experience!
That sounds like a most excellent road trip! Any idea on the route? There's some really choice roads in Colorado...

That makes sense given that they still have the waitlist option online. It might mean that many DE reservations are being either canceled or downgraded.
She ordered in Nov 2021 and it could be the last batch of the DE delivery. I vividly remember after she posted her order, then a few days later I heard DE got sold out.

Yes I'm looking forward to the drive and bringing a friend to help document the event. Post it here and to you tube to share my experience!

If you are planning to drive through Colorado let me know. I've done two 1200 mile road trips through Colorado in my Taycan. There are some amazing roads in this state and I can provide some advice on routes and where to charge.

We will be driving a similar route from Flagstaff to Moab. You may take the route through Monument, we are going by Four Corners and without any chargers until Bluff, UT we can't backtrack around to see that.
If you are planning to drive through Colorado let me know. I've done two 1200 mile road trips through Colorado in my Taycan. There are some amazing roads in this state and I can provide some advice on routes and where to charge.

Please share with me as well!

We will be driving a similar route from Flagstaff to Moab. You may take the route through Monument, we are going by Four Corners and without any chargers until Bluff, UT we can't backtrack around to see that.

Please share with me as well!
We all will be looking forward to some awesome background photos! Have fun.

Just curious did anyone get this email from Lucid?? If so then the end feb to mid March is holding pretty true for gt

Attachments

• E095336B-5D16-4FDE-A218-D2E245CA9573.jpeg
    E095336B-5D16-4FDE-A218-D2E245CA9573.jpeg
    240.3 KB · Views: 142
Just curious did anyone get this email from Lucid?? If so then the end feb to mid March is holding pretty true for gt
Did not receive it. my 4-month delivery window ends 3/30

End of Q2 is what, June 30th? I wonder how many GT orders there were for them to start producing Tourings within the next few months. I guess we can assume they will produce at the same time.

Well they should have the current AGT orders processed by the time they start AT production. i expect they will fill in any new AGT orders into the line with the Tourings so that the wait for an ordered AGT from making the reservation to delivery stays within a 2-4 month timeline.

Does anyone know if you still have to pay for the destination + fees cost if you pick up in Arizona, specifically the service center closeby?

Yes. You have to pay the standard destination fees to a service center. Doesn't matter what center you are delivering it to. I have been told that if you want to have it delivered to your house, an 'extra' delivery fees would be calculated from the nearest delivery service center.

Does anyone know if you still have to pay for the destination + fees cost if you pick up in Arizona, specifically the service center closeby?
Yes. Those fees are set by the feds to apply uniformily for everyone.

I was given the option of either Scottsdale Service center or home delivery for the flat destination charge. No additional fee for home delivery. That may be since the Scottsdale Service center has not officially opened even though it is being used for PDI and service. I asked several times about picking up at the factory and like others was told that it is not an option.

I was given the option of either Scottsdale Service center or home delivery for the flat destination charge. No additional fee for home delivery. That may be since the Scottsdale Service center has not officially opened even though it is being used for PDI and service. I asked several times about picking up at the factory and like others was told that it is not an option.
There should NOT be an extra charge to deliver your car to your home. It's included in the price.

That was my understanding as well, no extra fee for home delivery. Nearest Service Center to me is over 600 miles and Charlotte, NC isn't exactly the middle of nowhere.

Back