Air Conditioning not cooling the car enough

I discovered the fastest way to rectify this is as follows:

First turn Sync on, set fan speed to max, turn on all zones (defrost, forward, downward)

Now wait a moment maybe 7 seconds for the vents/flaps to finish moving.

Second, turn off the forward vent option.

Wait again 7 seconds.

Third turn the forward vent on, turn off defrost, and turn off downward vents.

Wait again 7 seconds.

You'll notice at this point the vents will make a different pitch/tone sound where it sounds (and feels!) like the air is moving in a very unrestricted manner.

Enjoy

Has anyone experienced their air conditioning stop working while driving their Air Pure?

My AC was on Auto full blast and cabin got cool enough where I turned down the fan speed 2 notches. As soon as I did that, the temperature of the air slowly started warming up to the point that it seemed like it was just blowing outside air in without any AC. Fiddled with turning AC on/off, Auto On/Off, lowered temp setting to 63, raised fan speed but nothing got the air temp down.

Got to my destination, parked and after 10 mins got back into my car to go home. AC was set to Auto and on full blast and working perfectly fine until I lowered the fan speed. Again the same thing started happening again where air temp coming out of the vents slowly started warming up.

I should add that it's warm here at 92 degrees but not scorching hot, so I would be surprised if this is due to the car trying to cool down the batteries.

Last edited:
I do believe when the batteries are hot, the air from the a/c isn't as cool as normal. I really noticed this yesterday, starting out a drive pretty much immediately after installing 2.1.3. That install was done in a hot garage, with the fans going nuts, then I hit the road in 119 degree Phoenix heat. You can feel and hear the BMS fans working very hard, and the cooled air entering the cabin was warmer than normal for about 10 minutes, but did eventually start to cool relatively normally. I think what I experienced yesterday was pretty much the max you can throw at the a/c, so not concerned with normal day-to-day performance.

I too felt that the fan was making lot of noise and not blowing much air through the front vent today. I will try different vents manually.
LOL- my daughter and I joke that adjusting the AC is strictly a noise adjustment - it has no bearing on getting the car to cool down.

LOL- my daughter and I joke that adjusting the AC is strictly a noise adjustment - it has no bearing on getting the car to cool down.
You might want to check with service on that one. There have been several people who have had low refrigerant in their system. My air-conditioning is nice and cold even on the hottest days.

The AC is really lacking in my opinion. And the cooling seats are a joke. My son has cooling seats in his F150 and wow, they are awesome - the Lucid, not even worth calling it out as a feature. It takes a good 20 minutes to cool down the interior of the car, meanwhile I am sweating and not enjoying the driving experience. We have felt a very slight improvement if we only have the front vents on the dash enlisted. If we split the AC down to feet and dash vents - it's remarkably bad. It's really a downer to not feel cooled off in the car. I am thinking maybe we need to take it in and have it tested, because I have no idea how anyone living in Phoenix is surviving in a Lucid. We joke about the fan flower control is actually just a volume control - it has no realtionship to cooling down the car faster, it just makes it much noisier.

You might want to check with service on that one. There have been several people who have had low refrigerant in their system. My air-conditioning is nice and cold even on the hottest days.
Yah that's what I am thinking - something isn't right.

And the cooling seats are a joke. My son has cooling seats in his F150 and wow, they are awesome - the Lucid, not even worth calling it out as a feature.
They don’t call that out as a feature, as they aren’t cooling seats. :) They’re ventilated seats. They suck air from your body into and through the seat; mostly useful if you’re sweating from a workout or similar. They *do* get colder if you turn on the foot vents, however, as the temperature variance is larger.

It takes a good 20 minutes to cool down the interior of the car, meanwhile I am sweating and not enjoying the driving experience.
Have you tried the Max A/C function on the new software, coupled with the ventilated seats? That solved my A/C issues here in very hot Cupertino.

We have felt a very slight improvement if we only have the front vents on the dash enlisted. If we split the AC down to feet and dash vents - it's remarkably bad.
The one drawback of the A/C in the car is I have trouble pointing it directly at my face like I do in every other car I’ve owned. My wife hates it blowing directly in her face, and turns the vents away every time in every car, so she loves the Lucid’s “cool the car not your face” approach.

However, turning on the foot vents improves the ventilated seat experience, and the whole car gets markedly cooler faster if you turn on the rear A/C even if nobody is sitting there.

I am thinking maybe we need to take it in and have it tested
Do you have an IR thermometer? You can totally get it tested, but that’s a quick test you can do - just point the thermometer at the vent and measure the temperature of the air coming out.

Back