Aftermarket Wheels for Gravity

3D renders for my custom 22” Gravity wheels are here. I think they look amazing, and just like I imagined.

@037, I’d appreciate if you can confirm your exact wheel specs before I give go-ahead for CNC milling. Thanks.

FYI, they’ll be forged from a single block of Aluminum.
 

Attachments

  • cee18fa6-8c3e-4b1e-ae1a-08571a5a019b.webp
    cee18fa6-8c3e-4b1e-ae1a-08571a5a019b.webp
    17.9 KB · Views: 226
  • fab4817d-900a-40a3-83ee-5b2f0d601aa6.webp
    fab4817d-900a-40a3-83ee-5b2f0d601aa6.webp
    25.4 KB · Views: 171
  • 37f57fd2-99e3-4ab2-9066-fee5897a9fe2.webp
    37f57fd2-99e3-4ab2-9066-fee5897a9fe2.webp
    41.8 KB · Views: 163
I have a AB Stealth GGT with 22/23 Stealth wheels on order. I'm a fan (but not a great fan) of the look. I'm interested if anyone wants to sell their 22/23 Platinum rims or wheel/rim set. If so, please DM me.
After you find yours, I'll take the next set someone comes up with!
 
3D renders for my custom 22” Gravity wheels are here. I think they look amazing, and just like I imagined.

@037, I’d appreciate if you can confirm your exact wheel specs before I give go-ahead for CNC milling. Thanks.

FYI, they’ll be forged from a single block of Aluminum.
22x10 30 offset
5x120
64.1 bore - I think. Same as Air and Model S and X

Makes sense to go with like a 74.1 bore so you can re-use them on any 5x120 vehicle in the future.

I am guessing those design modifications added some weight.
 
22x10 30 offset
5x120
64.1 bore - I think. Same as Air and Model S and X

Makes sense to go with like a 74.1 bore so you can re-use them on any 5x120 vehicle in the future.

I am guessing those design modifications added some weight.
Thank you.
I'll stay with 64.1 bore so that I can fit Lucid's center cap.

In a few weeks, I'll find out how much weight was added.
 
Going from stock 21"/22" wheels to my winter wheel and tires tomorrow (ordered from TireRack and delivered to Discount Tire for installation). Will take some pics of before and after. The new wheels and tires will be the OZ and Hokians for a dedicated winter setup.
 
Going from stock 21"/22" wheels to my winter wheel and tires tomorrow (ordered from TireRack and delivered to Discount Tire for installation). Will take some pics of before and after. The new wheels and tires will be the OZ and Hokians for a dedicated winter setup.
before wth 21'/22" wheels:
gravity before.webp


After the OZ wheels and Nokians (20"/21"):
gravity after snow.webp
 
Wheels have been sent for finishing. Center will be powder coated in satin “performance gold” and the lip will be finished in chrome.

Final specs result in flush fitment at “low”:
Front: 22x10 ET24
Rear: 23x10.5 ET31
IMG_5321.webp

IMG_5318.webp

IMG_5325.webp
 
Wheels have been sent for finishing. Center will be powder coated in satin “performance gold” and the lip will be finished in chrome.

Final specs result in flush fitment at “low”:
Front: 22x10 ET24
Rear: 23x10.5 ET31
View attachment 35364
View attachment 35365
View attachment 35366
What tire are you going with?

I get that you want the wheels flush, but good chance the tire will poke well beyond the wheel unless it’s the Lucid ridiculously narrow tire choices.
 
What tire are you going with?

I get that you want the wheels flush, but good chance the tire will poke well beyond the wheel unless it’s the Lucid ridiculously narrow tire choices.
Actually going to reuse OEM so stretching the tires to get rid of the bulge with the additional 0.5” width.
What’s the weight on those?
It was 33lbs without full hardware so I guess around 38lbs after.
 
technical details aside, they are beautiful wheels! Nothing as cool as 3 piece wheels and the open view of the calipers is awesome. Lots of curves, angles and depth on the design itself and I love the satin gold with chrome lips. Bravo!
 
Actually going to reuse OEM so stretching the tires to get rid of the bulge with the additional 0.5” width.

It was 33lbs without full hardware so I guess around 38lbs after.
Looking forward to the finished product. If I was to go again, I was considering 295/35 on a 10” front at 30 offset and 315/35 rear on 11” at 40-44 offset.

Would improve handling and braking and make efficiency even worse…anyway, not a today plan.
 
A few more photos of mine, only 2 show up out of 8. I guess photo size block…I got more in my FB group.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1333.webp
    IMG_1333.webp
    764.1 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_1328.webp
    IMG_1328.webp
    1.7 MB · Views: 190
My custom wheels are ready to ship from China.
Although, the Stealth/Dark-Grey color wasn't done as in the 3D model.
I've asked the factory to redo coating to match provided 3D model.

Aside from the color snafu, they look amazing to me.
Cannot wait to install them.

They are now listed on their site.
 

Attachments

  • CustomWheel1.webp
    CustomWheel1.webp
    71.2 KB · Views: 184
  • CustomWheel2.webp
    CustomWheel2.webp
    95.5 KB · Views: 157
  • CustomWheel3.mov
    7 MB
What’s the weight on those?
They are 50.5lb (22.9kg)…YIKES!!!
That’s at least 10lb heavier than OEM 22/23”.
The extra black aero-effect Aluminum parts definitely threw off the weight. Oh well, that was the wheel design I wanted.

I am not concerned about the range penalty.
It’s the handling and driving dynamics that I am worried about because of additional unsprung mass. Hopefully not too perceptively negative. We shall see in a few weeks.
 

Attachments

  • 192ba2de-e18f-4352-8921-9cd18e89ef98.webp
    192ba2de-e18f-4352-8921-9cd18e89ef98.webp
    408.1 KB · Views: 151
They are 50.5lb (22.9kg)…YIKES!!!
That’s at least 10lb heavier than OEM 22/23”.
The extra black aero-effect Aluminum parts definitely threw off the weight. Oh well, that was the wheel design I wanted.

I am not concerned about the range penalty.
It’s the handling and driving dynamics that I am worried about because of additional unsprung mass. Hopefully not too perceptively negative. We shall see in a few weeks.
That’s heavy…did they mention if the load rating changed? Not obvious if this made the wheel stronger or weaker.
 
Back
Top