Aftermarket Wheels for Gravity

Attachments

  • IMG_9036.webp
    IMG_9036.webp
    225.2 KB · Views: 179
These will fit the Gravity if the listed tire sizes are the sizes on the actual wheel right now.
To be clear, tire sizes listed on the website are too small for Gravity and will result in speedometer errors, shorter ride height and possibly bigger problems.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_9067.webp
    IMG_9067.webp
    168.1 KB · Views: 188
To be clear, tire sizes listed on the website are too small for Gravity and will result in speedometer errors, shorter ride height and possibly bigger problems.
About 4% faster on the odometer compared to OEM.
 
I have commissioned Forza to manufacture 4 custom wheels (22x10, ET30) in the likeness of the Air's Aero Sport Stealth wheels.
Big thanks to @037 for doing all the research and experimentation on sizing and offsets.

The aero plastic inserts in Lucid's original design will be thin metal parts integrated into the wheel design.
I'll share the 3D renderings when I receive them.
 

Attachments

  • Gravity_Aero_Sport_Stealth.webp
    Gravity_Aero_Sport_Stealth.webp
    15.8 KB · Views: 197
I have commissioned Forza to manufacture 4 custom wheels (22x10, ET30) in the likeness of the Air's Aero Sport Stealth wheels.
Big thanks to @037 for doing all the research and experimentation on sizing and offsets.

The aero plastic inserts in Lucid's original design will be thin metal parts integrated into the wheel design.
I'll share the 3D renderings when I receive them.
I feel the rear could go 1-2mm in so like 32 offset.

If you want to keep them the same 30 works not bad.

 
I feel the rear could go 1-2mm in so like 32 offset.

If you want to keep them the same 30 works not bad.

I actually love seeing the wheels poke out just a smidge.
And as you've already reported, no rubbing issues.
I think 30mm offset is perfect for me.
 
I actually love seeing the wheels poke out just a smidge.
And as you've already reported, no rubbing issues.
I think 30mm offset is perfect for me.
Yes, no hits on launches as confirmed in video above and that’s in low mode. Lowest is fine too for Grocery loading.

If you are going custom why not have a 315 rear tire on an 11” wheel? It certainly would fit.
 
Yes, no hits on launches as confirmed in video above and that’s in low mode. Lowest is fine too for Grocery loading.

If you are going custom why not have a 315 rear tire on an 11” wheel? It certainly would fit.
For how I drive, 315s in rear would be overkill.
There are also more tire options in 285/40R22.

Primarily, I'd like to keep wheel/tire combo as close to manufacturer specs a possible.
 
For how I drive, 315s in rear would be overkill.
There are also more tire options in 285/40R22.

Primarily, I'd like to keep wheel/tire combo as close to manufacturer specs a possible.
The spec dictate diameter, you can go crazy with sizing. Lucid certainly did between 8.6” wide rear patch on 21s to 10” on 23s.

Which tire are you thinking to go with?
 
The spec dictate diameter, you can go crazy with sizing. Lucid certainly did between 8.6” wide rear patch on 21s to 10” on 23s.

Which tire are you thinking to go with?
Sticking with same ones on Lucid's Orion 21/22 wheels - Michelin Primacy Tour A/S.
 
Sticking with same ones on Lucid's Orion 21/22 wheels - Michelin Primacy Tour A/S.
Why would you do that…Lucid spec is a very narrow pick.

Go with DWS 06+, more efficiency than Michelin AS4 and a lot more grip than the Primacy.
 
I'll look into the DWS 06+.
That's why I am on this forum; thanks for the feedback.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 037
I'll look into the DWS 06+.
That's why I am on this forum; thanks for the feedback.
Continental makes those and right now TireRack has a rebate up to $200 off.
 
I have commissioned Forza to manufacture 4 custom wheels (22x10, ET30) in the likeness of the Air's Aero Sport Stealth wheels.
Big thanks to @037 for doing all the research and experimentation on sizing and offsets.

The aero plastic inserts in Lucid's original design will be thin metal parts integrated into the wheel design.
I'll share the 3D renderings when I receive them.
What are they charging for that? I've never bought aftermarket wheels, and so I have no idea what I think would be reasonable.
 
What are they charging for that? I've never bought aftermarket wheels, and so I have no idea what I think would be reasonable.
I think their base rate is $500 per wheel based on what I saw on eBay, not super sure about their forged claims…direct from China if I am not mistaken.
 
I think their base rate is $500 per wheel based on what I saw on eBay, not super sure about their forged claims…direct from China if I am not mistaken.
Dumb question, but couldn't you get a sense of whether the wheel was forged based off its weight, since cast wheels are heavier? Or maybe you just risk buying a cast wheel without enough material in it, and risking structural failure of the wheel?
 
Dumb question, but couldn't you get a sense of whether the wheel was forged based off its weight, since cast wheels are heavier? Or maybe you just risk buying a cast wheel without enough material in it, and risking structural failure of the wheel?
Not all forged wheels are light. Range Rover SVR stock 22 forged wheel is like 40lb, my flow forged wheels are 32lb
 
What are they charging for that? I've never bought aftermarket wheels, and so I have no idea what I think would be reasonable.
Specific to my custom 22” wheels, with all fees, taxes and customs charges, $2800 transported by sea or $3400 by air.
 
Back
Top