- Joined
- Nov 11, 2024
- Messages
- 1,315
- Reaction score
- 1,333
- Cars
- Gravity GT custom wheels
Sent you a DM yesterday with the details@037 .. where did you purchase those wheels and what size are they?
Sent you a DM yesterday with the details@037 .. where did you purchase those wheels and what size are they?
Ordered from www.carid.com@037 .. where did you purchase those wheels and what size are they?
These will fit the Gravity if the listed tire sizes are the sizes on the actual wheel right now.
To be clear, tire sizes listed on the website are too small for Gravity and will result in speedometer errors, shorter ride height and possibly bigger problems.These will fit the Gravity if the listed tire sizes are the sizes on the actual wheel right now.
About 4% faster on the odometer compared to OEM.To be clear, tire sizes listed on the website are too small for Gravity and will result in speedometer errors, shorter ride height and possibly bigger problems.
I feel the rear could go 1-2mm in so like 32 offset.I have commissioned Forza to manufacture 4 custom wheels (22x10, ET30) in the likeness of the Air's Aero Sport Stealth wheels.
Big thanks to @037 for doing all the research and experimentation on sizing and offsets.
The aero plastic inserts in Lucid's original design will be thin metal parts integrated into the wheel design.
I'll share the 3D renderings when I receive them.
I actually love seeing the wheels poke out just a smidge.I feel the rear could go 1-2mm in so like 32 offset.
If you want to keep them the same 30 works not bad.
Yes, no hits on launches as confirmed in video above and that’s in low mode. Lowest is fine too for Grocery loading.I actually love seeing the wheels poke out just a smidge.
And as you've already reported, no rubbing issues.
I think 30mm offset is perfect for me.
For how I drive, 315s in rear would be overkill.Yes, no hits on launches as confirmed in video above and that’s in low mode. Lowest is fine too for Grocery loading.
If you are going custom why not have a 315 rear tire on an 11” wheel? It certainly would fit.
The spec dictate diameter, you can go crazy with sizing. Lucid certainly did between 8.6” wide rear patch on 21s to 10” on 23s.For how I drive, 315s in rear would be overkill.
There are also more tire options in 285/40R22.
Primarily, I'd like to keep wheel/tire combo as close to manufacturer specs a possible.
Sticking with same ones on Lucid's Orion 21/22 wheels - Michelin Primacy Tour A/S.The spec dictate diameter, you can go crazy with sizing. Lucid certainly did between 8.6” wide rear patch on 21s to 10” on 23s.
Which tire are you thinking to go with?
Why would you do that…Lucid spec is a very narrow pick.Sticking with same ones on Lucid's Orion 21/22 wheels - Michelin Primacy Tour A/S.
Continental makes those and right now TireRack has a rebate up to $200 off.I'll look into the DWS 06+.
That's why I am on this forum; thanks for the feedback.
What are they charging for that? I've never bought aftermarket wheels, and so I have no idea what I think would be reasonable.I have commissioned Forza to manufacture 4 custom wheels (22x10, ET30) in the likeness of the Air's Aero Sport Stealth wheels.
Big thanks to @037 for doing all the research and experimentation on sizing and offsets.
The aero plastic inserts in Lucid's original design will be thin metal parts integrated into the wheel design.
I'll share the 3D renderings when I receive them.
I think their base rate is $500 per wheel based on what I saw on eBay, not super sure about their forged claims…direct from China if I am not mistaken.What are they charging for that? I've never bought aftermarket wheels, and so I have no idea what I think would be reasonable.
Dumb question, but couldn't you get a sense of whether the wheel was forged based off its weight, since cast wheels are heavier? Or maybe you just risk buying a cast wheel without enough material in it, and risking structural failure of the wheel?I think their base rate is $500 per wheel based on what I saw on eBay, not super sure about their forged claims…direct from China if I am not mistaken.
Not all forged wheels are light. Range Rover SVR stock 22 forged wheel is like 40lb, my flow forged wheels are 32lbDumb question, but couldn't you get a sense of whether the wheel was forged based off its weight, since cast wheels are heavier? Or maybe you just risk buying a cast wheel without enough material in it, and risking structural failure of the wheel?
Specific to my custom 22” wheels, with all fees, taxes and customs charges, $2800 transported by sea or $3400 by air.What are they charging for that? I've never bought aftermarket wheels, and so I have no idea what I think would be reasonable.