ACC Actions

Received my Touring in early April. Love it except for one feature. LUCID, PLEASE DIAL BACK THE SPEED with which ACC APPROACHES STOPPED CARS WHEN AT HIGHWAY SPEED. It scares us to death! In NJ, a car in an adjoining lane approaching a traffic light with stopped traffic could try to quickly cut over to my lane between me and the car I am zooming up behind. ACC should be calibrated to begin slowing further back than it does.
Check your Dream Drive Gap setting. Left side of Steering Wheel. Press the middle button to adjust the gap setting (see Adjusting following distance).
My 2018 has NEVER failed to stop when there are stopped cars in front of me.
My 2016 S550 also stopped in adaptive cruise control. Did it without LIDAR before they implemented Level 3.

Most every ADAS system contains the warning for stopped or slow moving vehicles. It is a fundamental limitation of the radar system resolution and the number of objects that can be tracked by radar. When running into the the tracking limit, stationary objects are ignored. Just because the system has worked for you in the past does not mean you should ignore the warnings that come with the system.

Back