A little birdie told me.. (CarPlay)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright... its carplay time!
Everyone is going to be so pissed if the release notes for the next update just says "Bug Fixes and Enhancements" Lol!

Everyone is going to be so pissed if the release notes for the next update just says "Bug Fixes and Enhancements" Lol!
Most! I'm in the minority but would rather have the bug fixes.

Are the data usage categories swapped or from the perspective of your gateway? That seems like a lot of data to be uploaded by the car for 2 days?
No. Lucid grabs a lot of info from the car. I wouldn’t be surprised if the LiDAR is being used to scan roads etc to feed back into Lucid’s infrastructure.

CE8DF757-8FC4-4334-A6CF-226AD6BE4B13.jpeg

This is from Android TV

D99CF48B-BD89-45FA-9817-FBEECD81A2BF.jpeg

No. Lucid grabs a lot of info from the car. I wouldn’t be surprised if the LiDAR is being used to scan roads etc to feed back into Lucid’s infrastructure.

View attachment 8989

This is from Android TV

View attachment 8990
I was just checking my ubiquiti traffic and have a few spikes over the last week of 200mbs and more. Nothing unusual at all.

Mine uploads close to 1GB per day whether I drive it or not.

Mine uploads close to 1GB per day whether I drive it or not.
Yea, your uploads seem excessive, mine are about 1gig a week. Maybe my PiHole is blocking some of the traffic. I’d have to dive deeper into that.

Good thing I'm not paying by the uploaded byte:
Air Uploads.png

I checked my PiHole and found that the vehicle makes many requests to app-measurement.com, this is a known tracker which is blocked by PiHole, so perhaps that is why my uploads are lower, but still they are pretty big for a car just sitting in the garage.

:(

Little birdie has advised that CarPlay is now on track for February release, citing Apple directly not being satisfied with the performance of Lucid's implementation. Kind of in line with the other rumors that has been swirling around.

Little birdie has advised that CarPlay is now on track for February release, citing Apple directly not being satisfied with the performance of Lucid's implementation. Kind of in line with the other rumors that has been swirling around.
I would rather wait for the good end product. Unlike, release S/W prematurely and then face backlash ;)
Wondering what's other rumors?

Thanks for the update. I figured there was slim chance of a release before my next road trip on Saturday, anyway. Happy to wait a few more weeks if it means Apple can get the Lucid team to push for a cleaner implementation.

I'm ready for CarPlay due to the misery that is Tidal. I also have this fantasy that lives in my brain rent free speculating that they will drop an Apple Music app and that CarPlay will have the new UI minus all the deep car function integration. Clearly delusional I know. I'll just be happy to have access to ATMOS in my Apple Music.

I'm ready for CarPlay due to the misery that is Tidal. I also have this fantasy that lives in my brain rent free speculating that they will drop an Apple Music app and that CarPlay will have the new UI minus all the deep car function integration. Clearly delusional I know. I'll just be happy to have access to ATMOS in my Apple Music.
I would be happy with just the Apple Music app added natively to the car. F**k CarPlay! Yes, people you can throw your rotten tomato's at me and boo at me all day, it won't bother me 😂

Well, shit. Honestly, I couldn't figure out how they were going to release CarPlay with all the bugs going on right now. Hopefully we get some bug fix OTAs soon, so they can get a more stable platform to release CarPlay. I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back