A little birdie told me.. (CarPlay)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. That is different than how Tesla does it. Tesla first downloads the image to the vehicle and once it is complete, you are notified that the download is ready and when you choose to start the update, the update will start within 2 min and actual FW update process will begin. The only time I've seen an update available but not ready to install was when the vehicle wasn't on wi-fi and the car would instruct me to connect to wi-fi to download the new FW.

Tesla (like many other consumer electronics) also batches updates and they are not sent to the field all at once. This helps insure that if an issue is found, the update deployment can be stopped before it affects too many vehicles. My last company did this as well for their products. First send out a small batch of updates, wait to see if end users call in with issues, then roll out more day by day.
Lucid predownloads updates as well. We are only notified its ready to install after the download is complete and they activate the update.

Mine looks like it has been downloading too. 221MB today.

No release notes?
Nah, I just found that image on Twitter. Asked what were in the notes but didn’t get anything back.

Glad my birdie was dead-on about today. Hopefully CarPlay info was accurate too ;)

2.0.48 is ready for install.

Attachments

• 84CBEA8A-E086-47A5-BF9F-4F6B6D50FF08.png
    84CBEA8A-E086-47A5-BF9F-4F6B6D50FF08.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 174
Only a base hit for your birdie! @Ksa23
No CarPlay.
However, your birdie has a few more innings left in the month to make it happen. I await that homer later this month…

I wish. I'd make such a good insider too. 🥲
It looks like this update has just started rolling out. My car is doing the downloading now so assume I’ll be notified tonight or tomorrow to install.

Lucid does the updates in batches so takes a few days for cars to start seeing update notifications so if you’re not seeing anything when others are it’ll be coming, you just have to wait a bit.

I’m seeing activity in Eero now for my car
Any new activity?

So far nothing?? I guess we still a week or so to go :)

Something is coming……..

C9F26347-BA57-430A-9617-F07C20F2A6DF.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back