A little birdie told me.. (CarPlay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ksa23

Verified Owner
Cars
Air GT, 21", White/White
A little birdie told me to expect an update regarding headlight performance today. They also stated CarPlay was on track for before end of January.

Either way, we’ll find out soon.

A little birdie told me to expect an update regarding headlight performance today. They also stated CarPlay was on track for before end of January.

Either way, we’ll find out soon.
Like...the headlights weren't bright enough already?

Can the birdie be trusted or is it just a parrot talking shit! :p

I don't care about the headlights, but Android Auto would be very nice. Although after a month, I am getting used to driving without it.

I went back to tried and trusted Google maps on phone or tablet with phone as hotspot.

Attachments

• rn_image_picker_lib_temp_6a0ea824-2218-49f6-b15f-acd0890fb6af.jpg
    rn_image_picker_lib_temp_6a0ea824-2218-49f6-b15f-acd0890fb6af.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 201
Some people have reported that the auto headlights failed to come on sometimes. This could be a fix for that bug.
Good point. That happened to me.

Looks like the birdie was correct

1674003428582.png

:cool:

Looks like the birdie was correct
Does update availability show up in the app like Tesla or do you need to check the screen in the vehicle? I haven't received an update yet as mine was delivered with the latest FW on 12-30

Does update availability show up in the app like Tesla or do you need to check the screen in the vehicle? I haven't received an update yet as mine was delivered with the latest FW on 12-30
Shows up in the Lucid App also. I’ve done 95% of my updates through the phone app.

You’ll see a white dot on the shield icon

Shows up in the Lucid App also. I’ve done 95% of my updates through the phone app.

You’ll see a white dot on the shield icon
Thank you ... I'm also checking my Eero activity for the vehicle as that should be a precursor if I see a big chunk of data downloaded by the vehicle. But alas, nothing yet.

It looks like this update has just started rolling out. My car is doing the downloading now so assume I’ll be notified tonight or tomorrow to install.

Lucid does the updates in batches so takes a few days for cars to start seeing update notifications so if you’re not seeing anything when others are it’ll be coming, you just have to wait a bit.

I’m seeing activity in Eero now for my car

E4A7DF0C-59AE-43D8-A0E2-D024B6F4D62A.jpeg

It looks like this update has just started rolling out. My car is doing the downloading now so assume I’ll be notified tonight or tomorrow to install.

Lucid does the updates in batches so takes a few days for cars to start seeing update notifications so if you’re not seeing anything when others are it’ll be coming, you just have to wait a bit.

I’m seeing activity in Eero now for my car
Thanks. That is different than how Tesla does it. Tesla first downloads the image to the vehicle and once it is complete, you are notified that the download is ready and when you choose to start the update, the update will start within 2 min and actual FW update process will begin. The only time I've seen an update available but not ready to install was when the vehicle wasn't on wi-fi and the car would instruct me to connect to wi-fi to download the new FW.

Tesla (like many other consumer electronics) also batches updates and they are not sent to the field all at once. This helps insure that if an issue is found, the update deployment can be stopped before it affects too many vehicles. My last company did this as well for their products. First send out a small batch of updates, wait to see if end users call in with issues, then roll out more day by day.

Got 1 gig yesterday and another gig today. That, plus the mystery 3 gigs last week, means that if I were a comedian I'd have had 5 gigs in a week and would no doubt be very happy ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back