hmp10

Founding Member
Verified Owner
Cars
Model S Plaid, Odyssey
DE Number
Referral Code
033M4EXG
"Tailosive", a fairly popular YouTube channel that has long been pro-Tesla, has done a significant turnaround on Lucid. It all began when Drew Erickson, the channel producer, finally drove a Lucid Air when a studio opened up near him. He was blown away by how good the car was, and it put him on a short revisionist journey that has now culminated in a complete turnaround of his views on Lucid.

This just reinforces how important it is for Lucid to get as many people as possible behind the wheels of their cars. I have not yet had someone look in, sit in, or drive our Lucid who has not been highly impressed. Last week when we were picking up our Tesla from a service appointment the service advisor saw me sitting outside in the Lucid and came out to look at the car. He said it was the first one he had seen in person. He was downright gushing, especially at the interior. He actually knew something about the brand, including who Peter Rawlinson is and his roles at both Tesla and Lucid.

"Tailosive", a fairly popular YouTube channel that has long been pro-Tesla, has done a significant turnaround on Lucid. It all began when Drew Erickson, the channel producer, finally drove a Lucid Air when a studio opened up near him. He was blown away by how good the car was, and it put him on a short revisionist journey that has now culminated in a complete turnaround of his views on Lucid.

This just reinforces how important it is for Lucid to get as many people as possible behind the wheels of their cars. I have not yet had someone look in, sit in, or drive our Lucid who has not been highly impressed. Last week when we were picking up our Tesla from a service appointment the service advisor saw me sitting outside in the Lucid and came out to look at the car. He said it was the first one he had seen in person. He was downright gushing, especially at the interior. He actually knew something about the brand, including who Peter Rawlinson is and his roles at both Tesla and Lucid.

Good to see people actually apologize and admit when they make a mistake. Though I do wish more YouTubers who are anti-Lucid would bother to do a test drive before they make their rash judgements.

Now a days more and more influencers are talking about stuff which they really didnt try in person. Once they do, they will have a completely different view. But its highly unlikely they go back and accept their mistake and still continue to spread false propaganda.

Really appreciate “Tailosive” for going back and apologize Luicd, Lucid owner/fans.

The guy is mainly a non financial person giving advice on things he has no knowledge of. the fact he actually experienced Lucid Air and also likes the technology is good. But he is pretty useless.

The guy is mainly a non financial person giving advice on things he has no knowledge of. the fact he actually experienced Lucid Air and also likes the technology is good. But he is pretty useless.

He does, however, have almost 60,000 subscribers.

What I find more disturbing is "Edmunds", which actually bought a Lucid and put it in the hands of seasoned reviewers who used it for such nonsense as racing it on 19" all-season tires against an Acura NSX sports car and announced it not up to class standards in handling and braking -- the car that, on proper tires, won the Goodwood Festival of Speed Hill Climb in the hands of racing driver Ben "The Stig" Collins.

I was very excited when the Tesla roadster came out over a decade ago, and very disappointed when I saw the interior of the model S, so I sat on my hands, going back from time to time over the years to see if Tesla got a clue.... I can wait.

By the time I heard about Lucid I was too late on the Dream Edition list.
While waiting for the Cosmos Silver paint availability I test drove the Lucid at Short Hills.. Absolutely blown away by the interior of the Lucid.
I did not hear a single word the sales rep. said. I agree that test driving the car is the way to convince doubters. It's just outstanding.

Thanks so much to the Lucid team.

...darn ... looks like we're out of milk ... I'll have to take a trip to the Acme ... in Pittsburgh.

...darn ... looks like we're out of milk ... I'll have to take a trip to the Acme ... in Pittsburgh.
That’s the “bad type” of milk though.. you can only get the good one in NJ. Guess you need to drive there.. now that’s a good excuse to take the car out for a long drive!

I generally liked what he said, but wow, how many times can you say the same thing in a 100 different ways? This could have been a 4-5 minute video.

That's the case in so many of these videos. Have you ever watched a Kyle Conner video review or a Tom Moloughney range test video? And watched . . . and watched . . . and watched . . . ?

That's the case in so many of these videos. Have you ever watched a Kyle Conner video review or a Tom Moloughney range test video? And watched . . . and watched . . . and watched . . . ?
Out of spec videos are ridiculously annoying for this reason. The often unprofessional filmography of them also adds to this frustration.

I imagine YouTube pays approximately by viewer minutes. I asked Kyle about shorter summary videos once: "No".

I imagine YouTube pays approximately by viewer minutes. I asked Kyle about shorter summary videos once: "No".
It's more complicated than just viewer minutes. But essentially, the algorithm punishes shorter videos when it comes to monetization. That is true. Which is why so many videos that could easily be three minutes end up being 20 or more.

It's more complicated than just viewer minutes. But essentially, the algorithm punishes shorter videos when it comes to monetization. That is true. Which is why so many videos that could easily be three minutes end up being 20 or more.
The dummification of America. Making people watch long videos with no real content.

I'm hoping Tailosive's turnaround is part of a trend toward more positive media coverage of Lucid.

I'm hoping Tailosive's turnaround is part of a trend toward more positive media coverage of Lucid.
I doubt it, especially not on X. Negative stories tend generate more clicks than positive and in todays "Influencer" market it's all about getting the clicks. If the Tesla fanboys rail him for being a traitor saying anything positive about Lucid then consider it a one and done video.

He still mentioned the car costing Lucid $350K which is just outright false. Every article or video I watch about Lucid lately is this damn $350K loss per vehicle number and it's obviously impacting Lucid to some extent because Peter actually addressed in on the latest call, Sherry addressed it last quarter and yet they can't seem to shake it off.

I doubt it, especially not on X. Negative stories tend generate more clicks than positive and in todays "Influencer" market it's all about getting the clicks. If the Tesla fanboys rail him for being a traitor saying anything positive about Lucid then consider it a one and done video.

He still mentioned the car costing Lucid $350K which is just outright false. Every article or video I watch about Lucid lately is this damn $350K loss per vehicle number and it's obviously impacting Lucid to some extent because Peter actually addressed in on the latest call, Sherry addressed it last quarter and yet they can't seem to shake it off.
That number is amplified by Tesla fanbois all the way up to the "man" himself - witnessed by his comments to Lucid's earnings report on Xitter.

Not sure the “15 seconds of TikTok” phenomenon is much better.
No, it is not better. It most likely is even worse!

I generally liked what he said, but wow, how many times can you say the same thing in a 100 different ways? This could have been a 4-5 minute video.
Because you can't monitize a video on YouTube unless it is 10mins+ long.

Back