A Cautionary Tale: My Experience with Lucid Motors Customer Service

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would respect this if it was, in fact, the case. Lucid has a director who oversees road side assistance and the towing contracts. They blatantly defended the towing company and noted they were not going to enact on anything (which was within their power).
At a minimum, I would blacklist/cancel work with that tow truck company if I were in such a role. This is not the first time and won't be the last time that tow trucker operator will damage a car. You have photos and witnesses to support the claim that the tow truck caused this damage. Bummer to hear they are not going to back you up if you go after the tow truck co.

I've done more than most on these forums to support Lucid. Many of the mods have read or heard my stories. There's also a reason I'm a top referral contributor. I cut more than enough slack on Lucid's front with my past experiences (feel free to read up on some of my posts).
No kidding, you are an OG. It can seem a bit tribal like this thread - we all want Lucid to be great so we can enjoy these amazing vehicles.

I'm still new around here.

As a follow up to the above, I debated on posting this for the last week or so in hopes of Lucid's customer service resolving the issue. My back and forth with the company + historical interactions have unfortunately led me down escalation paths.

Depending on the timeline here, I'll likely be posting this content into more public social channels + reaching for legal council. My hope is that Lucid will recognize the error in their current responses before then and remedy the situation. It's unfortunate this escalation even feels necessary on my end.
Really sorry to hear you are having issues with all of this. I'm unfortunately in a similar situation in that I had/have a problem that I haven't discussed here... yet. So, I respect the way you handled this as I am considering doing the same. Sadly, part of the reason I haven't aired any of the information has shown itself in the responses to your post- people are quick to judge and minimize any issue that didn't happen to them. They also tend to tell people they are wrong and be critical of people who say less than stellar things about Lucid or the way Lucid handles matters. I hope I hear from management soon or I, too, will be forced to escalate my situation. I'm interested to know if Lucid reacts/responds now that you have put this out to the universe and it is now causing some bad publicity among owners and potential owners. Please keep us (me) posted on progress/resolutions.

@thecodingart - am sorry you have to deal with this. I would be incredibly frustrated and disappointed to have this happen to my car. And while others have suggested that it may not be Lucid's material responsibility and should be the tow truck company's, at least I would hope that Lucid customer service would want to advise you through the process. Either way, it is a crappy situation.

If I were to take the most generous interpretation of what the other person on the end of the phone, or email, or whatever at Lucid is trying to work through if one were to report (and check on) this issue - they probably don't have the authority or knowledge of how to handle it and unfortunately it gets lost in whatever escalatory state it ends up in, if even. I would have hoped that Lucid would, especially as they market superlative customer service.:

1. Acknowledge this is an issue
2. Tell you what the relationship is with this tow truck company (they may have a contract that holds them liable)
3. Support you in getting the repair scheduled (once it is determined if it's them or the tow truck co)

It also feels like, and this is perhaps somewhat to be expected on any vehicle forum where those who like a car enough to join an online forum about it will have some bias, of course, and I admit that I do, too, since I am rooting for Lucid and consider myself a big fan - some folks can more protective/defensive of claims against Lucid, but you had your experience and shared it and I hope we all try to empathize a bit more with your situation. The common ground I hope we all agree on here, and I think your hitting "Post" on the initial thread supports my thinking, that you also want to root for Lucid, but this experience is making it hard to do so.

In my opinion - and it is unfortunate to hear, from your post, Lucid is not more involved or attentive - the tow truck company would be the target of any escalatory actions I would take, if they want to get Lucid to reimburse them, then it's on the tow truck company to go after them.

Again, I am sorry you are having to deal with this.
Very well said

Really sorry to hear you are having issues with all of this. I'm unfortunately in a similar situation in that I had/have a problem that I haven't discussed here... yet. So, I respect the way you handled this as I am considering doing the same. Sadly, part of the reason I haven't aired any of the information has shown itself in the responses to your post- people are quick to judge and minimize any issue that didn't happen to them. They also tend to tell people they are wrong and be critical of people who say less than stellar things about Lucid or the way Lucid handles matters. I hope I hear from management soon or I, too, will be forced to escalate my situation. I'm interested to know if Lucid reacts/responds now that you have put this out to the universe and it is now causing some bad publicity among owners and potential owners. Please keep us (me) posted on progress/resolutions.
It’s not a Lucid problem. It’s the tow truck company. The under-tray scratches are normal and will be seen on every car. Scratches don’t necessitate replacement unless damage to the extent that under-tray doesn’t do its job.

What I would do is complain to the tow company, inform Lucid about the towing company, ask Lucid to evaluate under-tray for damage to see if it warrants a replacement.

If they damaged a door etc I understand, but under-tray scratches?

I just don’t see why you are blaming Lucid. Actually, I would complement them on the design, under-try protected the batteries.

It’s not a Lucid problem. It’s the tow truck company. The under-tray scratches are normal and will be seen on every car. Scratches don’t necessitate replacement unless damage to the extent that under-tray doesn’t do its job.

What I would do is complain to the tow company, inform Lucid about the towing company, ask Lucid to evaluate under-tray for damage to see if it warrants a replacement.

I just don’t see why you are blaming Lucid. Actually, I would complement them on the design, under-try protected the batteries.

Forum members: This isn't a Lucid Problem
Lucid: We have a Director who oversees this. Please go through us for any issues and we'll handle it appropriately.

Me: 👆🙃

Forum members: This isn't a Lucid Problem
Lucid: We have a Director who oversees this. Please go through us for any issues and we'll handle it appropriately.

Me: 👆🙃
Good to see you got Lucid’s attention! Start another thread praising Lucid’s customer service. This is going above and beyond by Lucid.

Good to see you got Lucid’s attention! Start another thread praising Lucid’s customer service.
If you read my posts in this thread, you'll see that I've already established this dialog prior to this thread. The ongoing situation has provided fairly poor results -- as has been my past experience for other situations where I've inevitably had to force their hand.

Lucid contracts from the towing company. They send the towing company. It's not like you get to choose which towing company picks up your car. Lucid is obviously not directly responsible, but it's their responsibility to clear this up with the towing company that THEY contracted. This is pretty simple if you ask me.

Lucid contracts from the towing company. They send the towing company. It's not like you get to choose which towing company picks up your car. Lucid is obviously not directly responsible, but it's their responsibility to clear this up with the towing company that THEY contracted. This is pretty simple if you ask me.
Even though he rejected the first two towing companies they wanted to contact?

My towing company (different car brand though) said that any damage caused by the company to the car would be covered by the manufacturer, so I'll take an educated guess and assume that Lucid should be responsible for this.

Even though he rejected the first two towing companies they wanted to contact?
This isn't quite what I did or said.

The way this played out, I called Lucid and noted (very specifically) I needed towing between a very specific time window (when my tire would be shipped in). They noted that they would send someone around that time and give me a heads up ahead of time so I could check with Discount Tire that my tire was in.

That is not how it played out.

The towers called me when they were 5 minutes away outside of the time frame I provided. I told them the time frame and they dropped me. 2x of them did that as the tow call (per the software + vendor they use) just re-broadcasted a towing request.

The whole system is, well, terrible.

That process in it of itself was a heachache I didn't need. One of the towers blatantly called me some names when I told him he couldn't pick up my car on a whim. . . and told me I was wasting his time.

If you only had a bubble, why did you need a tow? Just curious, as I've been told it's generally safe to drive carefully with a bubble over short distances. I'd imagine you'd have been able to get to the tire center without issue.

If you only had a bubble, why did you need a tow? Just curious, as I've been told it's generally safe to drive carefully with a bubble over short distances. I'd imagine you'd have been able to get to the tire center without issue.
I had a bubble, the bubble popped. I was 100% riding on a flat at that point and needed the tow. The tire thankfully popped when I left my house 5 minutes down the road, so that was a lovely race of me trying to get back into my driveway before it was 100% flat.

That process in it of itself was a heachache I didn't need. One of the towers blatantly called me some names when I told him he couldn't pick up my car on a whim. . . and told me I was wasting his time.
Well, you've got to admit THAT isn't Lucids fault, although the towing company should be reevaluated as a choice.

Well, you've got to admit THAT isn't Lucids fault, although the towing company should be reevaluated as a choice.
The professionalism of the drivers isn't Lucid's fault, but the headaches around the software/communication and contracts is definitely Lucids fault. Also any aftermath of those decisions is partially Lucid's fault.

I don’t know all the facts of your (mis)adventure; my interactions were quite to the contrary. I have had 2 service calls. One was to fix a broken window and the other to fix front air dams. Each was scheduled promptly, the technician arrived on time and did a thorough, professional job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back