A call from my DA

Did they use your 110v cable for the test? If so and it appears ok do you have a volt meter at home to test your plug?
I don’t have volt meter to test my plug. But will definitely install 220 later.

I don’t have volt meter to test my plug. But will definitely install 220 later.
Unfortunately a lot of 110v circuits in newer homes now use #14 copper wire rather than the traditional #12 and just will not carry much amperage with the smaller breakers.

I’m at Houston Service Center to troubleshoot my charging cable and showed them the recall notice. They told me it only affects certain batch of production, but not my batch. So I guess I’m lucked out? Meanwhile, I’m joying the waiting lounge.
Where's the coffee maker? :)

Yes, generally, cars for the northeast and midwest are shipped to Chicago (Goose Island if I remember correctly). Cars for southeast are shipped to Riviera Beach in Florida. Cars for south central US are shipped to Houston. West coast has a potpourri of options. I think Goose Island and Riviera Beach are both Service Centers, so I am not sure how you reconcile that. My understanding was that the PDI (Pre-Delivery Inspections) are done at Service Centers. Makes sense if they find anything.

What has changed in the past few weeks is the number and magnitude of the inspections. It does appear that something happened, or did not happen in Casa Grande to cause this, but it is really just speculation for the most part as Lucid has not been too open with details. There has been a bit of talk about panel gap issues. What took a certain amount of time prior to the end of April now takes much longer and they are having to go through the process on quite a number of cars. So, I see this as a three-pronged issue; getting the cars in the Service Centers inspected fixed and delivered; inspecting and fixing the cars at Casa Grande that were produced before the changes so they can go to the Service Center; and resuming whatever the new normal is.
Excellent perspective and observations. Changes in the production process seem to me to be a logical fourth step. I have to believe that Lucid is focused on systematic production improvements so to me delays in production are essential. There are likely other production problems aside from panel gaps, faulty windshields, and wiring harness integrity.

Attachments

• FF389834-7D1C-4342-8A7D-DA90AB534BB3.jpeg
    FF389834-7D1C-4342-8A7D-DA90AB534BB3.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 131
Just got an email from DA “Joey Peterson.” It came to me this past Tuesday the 24th, and I completely missed it.

DA Joey Peterson is asking me to set up a phone appointment. I suppose I should.

I think I should be spending more time checking my email, instead of wasting hours and hours of every day, noodling around on this forum…

Hello everyone, just as an update; I finally took delivery on my GT this past Tuesday evening the 14th!!!

After several delays with the delivery trucks, I told the rep just to drive it down from DC to VB. So I took delivery with 120+ miles I didn't add myself.

Regardless I finally got it and it's definitely an awesome vehicle!!! A lot to get used to, being this is my 1st EV.

Attachments

• PXL_20220614_230310180.jpg
    PXL_20220614_230310180.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 226
Hello everyone, just as an update; I finally took delivery on my GT this past Tuesday evening the 14th!!!

After several delays with the delivery trucks, I told the rep just to drive it down from DC to VB. So I took delivery with 120+ miles I didn't add myself.

Regardless I finally got it and it's definitely an awesome vehicle!!! A lot to get used to, being this is my 1st EV.
Wow, that's awesome they did that. Was there a reason you didn't want to get a ride up to pick it up?

Wow. That's a beauty. Congrats!

She’s a peach, congrats!

I think white and platinum accent goes quite well together.

Congratulations! :)

damn. looks great. makes me now wish i went with white instead of black

Wow, that's awesome they did that. Was there a reason you didn't want to get a ride up to pick it up?
They did offer to fly me up and or take an Uber, however logistically I could not make it work for me.

BTY this vehicle is Crazy fast and sharp looking!!! I was definitely not ready for all the attention this is bringing!! It feels like every time I stop at a light somebody's pointing their phone at me 🫣🧐

Back