7500 EV tax credit update with new bill

Will you continue to purchase without the EV Credit?

• Yes

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters
Done
Screen Shot 2022-08-10 at 1.38.38 PM.png

I'm glad Lucid is doing this. This bill is so laughably stupid. SUVs/Truck EVs get less than 1/2 the efficiency of the Air, not to mention the bigger carbon footprint to build them because of larger battery packs, larger tires, larger everything. So yeah let's subsidize those, but not subsidize cutting edge technology which would cut in half the power drawn from the grid for EV charging. At least I hope this motivates those who were probably gonna get a Lucid to go ahead and commit, certainly looks like that's what's happening!

Literally just say this and raced to the forums! Well, we asked for this and Lucid delivered. Wonder if that will work for CarPlay or Silver paint too?

for those that have a pure reservation, but want to upgrade to the touring, if we confirm our pure reservation, will we still be able to 1) upgrade to touring at the old pricing, and 2) will the touring get the 7.5k credit?

texted my SA to figure this out, but was hoping someone here had already already asked

You better believe I raced over to confirm my order! Woo Hoo! Thank you Lucid for working with us to try and lock in the Federal Tax Credit!

for those that have a pure reservation, but want to upgrade to the touring, if we confirm our pure reservation, will we still be able to 1) upgrade to touring at the old pricing, and 2) will the touring get the 7.5k credit?

texted my SA to figure this out, but was hoping someone here had already already asked
1) I think upgrading to old pricing has already closed?

I'm glad Lucid is doing this. This bill is so laughably stupid. SUVs/Truck EVs get less than 1/2 the efficiency of the Air, not to mention the bigger carbon footprint to build them because of larger battery packs, larger tires, larger everything. So yeah let's subsidize those, but not subsidize cutting edge technology which would cut in half the power drawn from the grid for EV charging. At least I hope this motivates those who were probably gonna get a Lucid to go ahead and commit, certainly looks like that's what's happening!
If you think about it.....The SUV's and Trucks are the biggest polluters/gas hogs on the road. Giving folks an incentive to get an EV truck/SUV and remove the ICE versions will help us all in the long run. That being said .... I totally understand and sympathize with your points!

1) I think upgrading to old pricing has already closed?
the way my SA explained to me, that window was for upgrading to GT. but since the touring isn't in production yet, this window didn't apply. when they start producing tourings, they most likely will give us pure reservation holders X weeks window to upgrade to touring at old pricing.

Just confirmed my order for Pure. Don't know if Lucid will let me to upgrade to Touring later. It'd be great if I still can upgrade. But I'll still be happy with the Pure if not.

the way my SA explained to me, that window was for upgrading to GT. but since the touring isn't in production yet, this window didn't apply. when they start producing tourings, they most likely will give us pure reservation holders X weeks window to upgrade to touring at old pricing.

Gotcha. I was wondering if that was for only for GT as well. Once you find out about the Pure to Touring upgrade/tax credit situation let me know so I can update my other post.

Just confirmed my order for Pure. Don't know if Lucid will let me to upgrade to Touring later. It'd be great if I still can upgrade. But I'll still be happy with the Pure if not.
wondering if i should confirm my pure now, then upgrade to touring later (hope we still keep old pricing and the 7.5k credit), or just upgrade and confirm to touring now to bypass all of that in case something happens. i assume upgrading now would secure the old pricing and tax credit also

Now I wonder if these tax credits will go into our 2022 tax returns or 2023 if it gets delivered in 2023?

I'm kinda skeptical that this will work? I do wonder if it will ultimately rejigger touring delivery orders in terms of confirming orders (you know, all 100 of us lol)

I'm kinda skeptical that this will work? I do wonder if it will ultimately rejigger touring delivery orders in terms of confirming orders (you know, all 100 of us lol)
It's possible it could not work, but it's much better than not doing anything. I'd say 95% it should work because the bill mentions something about binding order and that is exactly what we're doing. I don't think the bill mentioned it needs to have VIN assignment or some amount of nonrefundable deposit.

My question is for people who "confirmed" their order earlier on, we didn't have that lingo particularly stating "this is a written binding agreement" like it is for people confirming today. Does this make any difference?

My question is for people who "confirmed" their order earlier on, we didn't have that lingo particularly stating "this is a written binding agreement" like it is for people confirming today. Does this make any difference?
My thoughts too. I hope to receive mine before the year’s end, but with silver, who knows??

Back