• ⚠ MARKETPLACE RULES ⚠

1. Photos Required. Post your own taken photo(s) of the item you are selling. No generic/stock photo(s) allowed.
    2. Be detailed. Please be detailed with your listing including pricing, location, specifications, and reason for selling (optional).
    3. No promotion or spam. Self-promotion, promotion of your business, or posting spam isn't allowed.
    4. No sabotaging listings. If you don't agree on an asking price for a vehicle or item, scroll by. The marketplace is not a place for negative discussions or criticisms.
    5. Lucid related items only. This marketplace is for Lucid vehicles or related items only.
    6. Listing Status. To keep things organized, please update your listing if the item is sold or no longer available.
    7. Transactions are between the parties involved. You are dealing with an online stranger. Please use the same common sense as you would when doing an online payment. We strongly recommend doing all proper due diligence with anyone here on the forums to avoid being scammed or losing any money!

30 Used Lucids for sale

Just because they are for sale, does not mean they are selling. As BAT and E-bay have shown very few if any sales. I don't think cars.com or autotrader.com (where 26 cars are for sale) allow you to check on completed sales so its hard to tell if any used cars have traded hands.

Just because they are for sale, does not mean they are selling. As BAT and E-bay have shown very few if any sales. I don't think cars.com or autotrader.com (where 26 cars are for sale) allow you to check on completed sales so its hard to tell if any used cars have traded hands.
Yeah. That's why I'm thinking the used market isn't that strong but I haven't seen any screaming deals either.

I guess a few dealers / speculators bought with intention to resell straight away
Yep Adam Smiths invisible hand felt big time. You don’t have to wait nearly a year like some of Teslas models to get an air GT so why pay a premium AND lose the tax credit when you can order exactly what you want and wait a couple months. Yes the touring and pure are a bit more time but until the used GTs and dreams start going for 7 to 10 k under list I don’t think many will move.

Paragraph 8 of the Charging Terms and Conditions says the 3 Years of free charging terminates when you sell or transfer the car and if you don't notify Lucid you are responsible for the costs of charges after selling.

Considering how few have been built and there are that many for sale someone is not going to make a lot of speculative profit like they thought they were…..

I saw the same number listed on cargurus.com Seems like the prices will be coming down. If the tax credit is not transferred, people will be looking to buy below MSRP I would assume.

I have bought a new car last year and listed it while driving it. Just to see if anyone was stupid enough to pay me more for a car now than wait a few months.

Some people may be doing that.

My guess is that many sellers are trying to profit with their early deliveries and are not disaffected owners. Of course, Lucid explicitly discourages speculative sales.

Now multiple GTs listed for cost plus taxes. Looks like some owners just trying to get their money out.

It’s understandable. Some people just aren’t cut out for beta testing software, others are willing to accept some issues in order to be on the bleeding edge of tech. One point I would make is it really was not easy to have a clear understanding of the current state of the software for people confirming orders before April/May of this year. I relied on YouTube video reviews and Motor Trend COTY. None of them talked much about the software issues. Yes, this forum existed, but most potential buyers don’t know about it.

Just as a reference, there are 54 used MB EQS for sale and 30 Lucids for sale on cars.com.

Granted this isn't the same situation, but I can share our recent experience. My father bought and listed a brand new Model 3 for sale at the same price it would cost to buy new (basically saving someone the wait). He reserved before the price hikes. No one was willing to pay over asking price, which is around what we ended up accepting. I'm sure there's a line to be drawn in terms of what premium someone would be willing to pay for immediate delivery vs a prolonged wait, but I'm not one of those people. I waited 18 months for my Model 3, so a 6 to 12 month wait isn't problematic for me especially when I have a car that is perfectly fine to drive. For folks that total their cars or urgently need a new car, it's a different story.

Buyer's remorse? Aside from the software, which will soon be substantially corrected, I cannot imagine why anyone would be disappointed in the AGT. I can understand that the owner of a car with only 750 miles might have been disappointed in its range due to unfamiliarity, but what other EV in any category is better?

Owner needed more room, bought a Model X. Seems like a great deal relative to some of the other prices out there, esp if you are a year back on a GT and want to buy and then trade in after your build is finished.
This one is located in the Salt Lake City area.

Owner needed more room, bought a Model X. Seems like a great deal relative to some of the other prices out there, esp if you are a year back on a GT and want to buy and then trade in after your build is finished.
This one is located in the Salt Lake City area.
Aye that's surprising to see a Lucid in my city let alone one for sale lol

Margin call in life, speculators gotta liquidate to cover their financial holez

Like in life, some men got married too hastily and regret after honeymoon is over.

Back