3.5 ?

For what it’s worth, just wrapped up a mobile service visit. Technician said he got an email on Friday that it was released and we should expect the update in the next few days.
If it takes a month, six months, that’s fine. I’ve been driving without it for a long time now. Seriously. We’ll get it when we get it.
 
I get you, but at the time of your post, it had been 48 hours since it was announced it would start - not that it was "coming soon". A couple guys on the webcast mentioned the software was being downloaded to their cars while the presentation was going on - the date of rollout was a statement, not an upcoming instance and Lucid should be as accountable as any other company for its statements.

Yes, we all can live with the first world problem of our cars not being updated for a couple days, but this goes more to the credibility of the company. This wasn't marketing hype, this was a simple statement. We are rolling out new software today. Emails, press release and investors conference.
I hear you. My point isn’t that it wasn’t a mistake. My point is that nobody here is actually clamoring for the update for any reason other than “I want it now.”

It was not “promised” to anyone. It was announced. And it apparently has faced a delay in shipment.

But unless you think it will never arrive, which nobody thinks, it is still on its way. Consider it a delay in shipment, like a package that got delayed by a storm or because a driver forgot to put it on the truck that day, or whatever.

It’s not life-saving, it’s not critical to the car or human’s well-being, if it ships Wednesday nobody is going to die by then, etc.

That doesn’t mean I think they *should* delay it. I think that’s a bad thing to do, for all the reasons everyone has stated.

I just also think it isn’t the end of the world. There are more important things to stress about. If this is the most worrisome or concerning thing, or in the top 5, I’d argue you are very, very lucky.

That’s my only point. I’m attending two funerals this week. I don’t give a crap if it comes out today or Thursday. It will arrive.

There are more important things.

I’m sorry. It might be me. 🤷‍♂️
 
Last edited:
Ask @HC_79 and he will help you. He’s done yeomen’s work with that site/app and it’s awesome.

As for announcing and not actually rolling it out broadly. No one is hurt more by this than Lucid itself. We can all wait. We’ve been waiting and it will be fine. Personally, there are probably 10+ bugs I’d prefer they address before CarPlay, but I do think I will use CarPlay.

Lucid itself has issues with folks like my friend who drove my car once, had a fob issue, and said “I will never buy a Lucid”…I think he’s more mainstream than any of us. My brother had the same reaction “awesome car, drives insanely well, but music froze, screen froze for massage and then fob wouldn’t lock it…no thanks.”

So, my point is, if Lucid could roll 3.5 out faster, they would. If the could get PaaK stable and out the door, they would. They have no interest in punching themselves in the face. That said, they’ve got a bunch of unforced errors that make it tough to attract new buyers (I hypothesize).
This. Precisely this. All of this.
 
We have just as much of a right to complain and commiserate as you do to come here and complain about the complainers.
Fine. Have fun. I hope it makes you feel better, genuinely.

I don’t think it will. But I hope it does.
 
if it ships Wednesday nobody is going to die by then, etc.
At my age, I never assume that.... :)

I agree, though - was just on a rant. I've taken my meds; much happier now. :cool:
 
At my age, I never assume that.... :)
Touché.

I agree, though - was just on a rant. I've taken my meds; much happier now. :cool:
I didn’t mean for it to sound like an admonishment. I’m just having a rough week, probably. I should probably just stop posting for a bit.
 
Touché.


I didn’t mean for it to sound like an admonishment. I’m just having a rough week, probably. I should probably just stop posting for a bit.
And, sorry for your losses (two funerals). They sure make our own problems smaller and less important...
 
And, sorry for your losses (two funerals). They sure make our own problems smaller and less important...
Thanks. Also not my intent.

Just a good reminder (to me, and maybe others) to hug your friends and family tightly, if you’re lucky enough to have them.

Be good to each other. <3
 
To get the update does the Gravity need to be on wireless as opposed to 5G?
 
Here it comes?
1773697550406.webp
 
IMG_4347.webp
 
I will need the 141mg dose. I’m working hard on getting that back from LM now.

Updates come over WiFi or Cellular , always get mine on time connected to wifi in my garage.
 
I thought Gravity belonged to the Ms, did you get a second one?
It does belong to her. It is her DD.

We are still married, though, and uh... like to share? lol
 
Back
Top