3.5 ?

I heard from a reliable source that the update is more likely to happen tomorrow than today. Or next week. And definitely before year end, unless there are no more investor days, then definitely before the decade is over.

But not today.

Please enjoy a photo of Gravity next to a bar of soap while you wait.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6033.webp
    IMG_6033.webp
    690.8 KB · Views: 122
Lucid should have just not made the announcement with a rollout date and sent out emails hyping up the update if they weren’t ready. And, if they ran into unforeseen issues right before rollout they should have communicated that as well.
That's really the point, they made such a big deal about it!
 
Well when a customer pays 6 figures for a vehicle, the expectations are going to be higher than if they bought a Honda Civic.
Sure. But expectations should be reasonable nonetheless. It’s been 48 hours since it was announced. Somehow, I think we’ll all make it to next week even if it doesn’t land this weekend.
 
I tell myself, if the update had started with a massive rollout immediately after Investors Day, but with issues, this thread would have way more complaints than whas been posted thus far.

#publicforum
#freespeech
#itstheinternet
 
Last edited:
I tell myself, if the update had started with a massive rollout immediately after Investors Day, but with issues, this thread would have way more complaints than whas been posted this far.

#publicforum
#freespeech
#itstheinternet
I wouldnt assume that the release , whenever it happens, won’t have issues because they waited to release it until this week. I’m still expecting to have issues with the software whenever we get it, and that’s ok. But I hope you’re right that it’s a better software release because of the delay.

An explanation or at least some acknowledgement as to why they didn’t release it for 4 days would have been wise. You just got the eyes of the entire EV world to pay attention and then you ghost them? Very very odd. I’m also not buying that beta testers needed 4 days of testing before a wider release. If that were true they should have just said it was rolling out Monday.
 
I wouldnt assume that the release , whenever it happens, won’t have issues because they waited to release it until this week. I’m still expecting to have issues with the software whenever we get it, and that’s ok. But I hope you’re right that it’s a better software release because of the delay.

An explanation or at least some acknowledgement as to why they didn’t release it for 4 days would have been wise. You just got the eyes of the entire EV world to pay attention and then you ghost them? Very very odd. I’m also not buying that beta testers needed 4 days of testing before a wider release. If that were true they should have just said it was rolling out Monday.
Agree, all they needed to do was communicate. Even a one-liner that the software was delayed would have sufficed.
 
I wouldnt assume that the release , whenever it happens, won’t have issues because they waited to release it until this week. I’m still expecting to have issues with the software whenever we get it, and that’s ok. But I hope you’re right that it’s a better software release because of the delay.

An explanation or at least some acknowledgement as to why they didn’t release it for 4 days would have been wise. You just got the eyes of the entire EV world to pay attention and then you ghost them? Very very odd. I’m also not buying that beta testers needed 4 days of testing before a wider release. If that were true they should have just said it was rolling out Monday.
Oh I'm not expecting there to be zero issues, at least for some, when the update is released. That would almost be akin to living in the Twilight Zone.

I share your hope of better software due to the delay.

I just think some of the comments about the delay (and the slightest misstep by Lucid) seem to suggest a lack of trust, belief, or faith in the company. Which makes me question why someone would buy a product from a company the seemingly don't believe in. I'm all for asking questions and for accountability. I have to remember, people have different ways of doing so and expressing themselves in the process.
 
Sure. But expectations should be reasonable nonetheless. It’s been 48 hours since it was announced. Somehow, I think we’ll all make it to next week even if it doesn’t land this weekend.
I dont think the question here is not “why i dindt receive it yet”, its why there is no single owner not under nda or a beta tester or an insider received it when Lucid announced it in the investors meeting and in media saying 3.5 is rolling out x day.
 
Agree, all they needed to do was communicate. Even a one-liner that the software was delayed would have sufficed.
Not sure how long you've been on this forum, but the issue of communication about delays has been a common challenge for Lucid. That was probably the main theme in the Gravity Delivery thread between the opening of Gravity orders on Nov. 7, 2024 and the trickle of deliveries that started in May/June 2025.
 
I dont think the question here is not “why i dindt receive it yet”, its why there is no single owner not under nda or a beta tester or an insider received it when Lucid announced it in the investors meeting and in media saying 3.5 is rolling out x day.
Actually, do we have any information that confirms that "no single owner not under nda or a beta tester or an insider received it"?
Someone out there may have, but I just don't know.
Besides, even if it's true that there's a delay, Lucid hasn't said why. For all I know, the delay, if true, could be related to some safety issues, in which case the delay is necessary since no one would want an unsafe update.
Heck, this update isn't even the big one with PAAK, so I'm ok with waiting.
 
Last edited:
Actually, do we have any information that confirms that "no single owner not under nda or a beta tester or an insider received it"?
Someone out there may have, but I just don't know.
Besides, even if it's true that there's a delay, Lucid hasn't said why. For all I know, the delay, if true, could be related to some safety issues, in which case the delay is necessary since no one would want an unsafe update.
Heck, this update isn't even the big one with PAAK, and I'm ok with waiting.
I am trying to say the same, i mean question is did anyone other than those categories received it?
 
Oh I'm not expecting there to be zero issues, at least for some, when the update is released. That would almost be akin to living in the Twilight Zone.

I share your hope of better software due to the delay.

I just think some of the comments about the delay (and the slightest misstep by Lucid) seem to suggest a lack of trust, belief, or faith in the company. Which makes me question why someone would buy a product from a company the seemingly don't believe in. I'm all for asking questions and for accountability. I have to remember, people have different ways of doing so and expressing themselves in the process.
Maybe you believed in it before buying the car but your view changed with your ownership experience...
 
Maybe hearing the feedback of releasing right before the weekend they adjusted to release right before the week starts!
I would hope it was that simple. Truly. But, wish someone who is responsible took the time to look at the calendar, rather than tell the world and then miss the date as stated in the press release. As in much of life, it's the details that matter and meeting an announced date for ANYTHING is an important detail. Either management wasn't aware the software wasn't ready (bad) or they felt revising the press release was not important (bad.)

"About" would have worked, but "will" is something you can be held accountable to... Details really do matter! Hell, that is why the cars are so great - they paid attention to the details! Never Compromise!
 
Well when a customer pays 6 figures for a vehicle, the expectations are going to be higher than if they bought a Honda Civic.
I don't think it is the cost of the car. A car company, like all of us here, earns a reputation based on many things and value is only one of them. Honda might have promised April and then met it or beat it - but, I don't think they would have missed a promised date. (Actually, they probably wouldn't have specIfied a particular day.). A miss would dent the corporate reputation, and that reputation is really important to them.

Addressing the delay will be important - so, Lucid, please let us know why the missed, self-imposed, deadline. Rumors and conjecture will stop and honesty goes a long way to cementing trust.
 
Maybe you believed in it before buying the car but your view changed with your ownership experience...
That's somewhat understandable.
Regardless of my understanding, I empathize with those owners.

The good news for those owners to consider; that ownership experience can change with a single sw update (look at 3.4.4 for some). Hopefully, remembering they own a software-defined car also helps.
 
Back
Top