For what it’s worth, just wrapped up a mobile service visit. Technician said he got an email on Friday that it was released and we should expect the update in the next few days.
If it takes a month, six months, that’s fine. I’ve been driving without it for a long time now. Seriously. We’ll get it when we get it.For what it’s worth, just wrapped up a mobile service visit. Technician said he got an email on Friday that it was released and we should expect the update in the next few days.
I hear you. My point isn’t that it wasn’t a mistake. My point is that nobody here is actually clamoring for the update for any reason other than “I want it now.”I get you, but at the time of your post, it had been 48 hours since it was announced it would start - not that it was "coming soon". A couple guys on the webcast mentioned the software was being downloaded to their cars while the presentation was going on - the date of rollout was a statement, not an upcoming instance and Lucid should be as accountable as any other company for its statements.
Yes, we all can live with the first world problem of our cars not being updated for a couple days, but this goes more to the credibility of the company. This wasn't marketing hype, this was a simple statement. We are rolling out new software today. Emails, press release and investors conference.
This. Precisely this. All of this.Ask @HC_79 and he will help you. He’s done yeomen’s work with that site/app and it’s awesome.
As for announcing and not actually rolling it out broadly. No one is hurt more by this than Lucid itself. We can all wait. We’ve been waiting and it will be fine. Personally, there are probably 10+ bugs I’d prefer they address before CarPlay, but I do think I will use CarPlay.
Lucid itself has issues with folks like my friend who drove my car once, had a fob issue, and said “I will never buy a Lucid”…I think he’s more mainstream than any of us. My brother had the same reaction “awesome car, drives insanely well, but music froze, screen froze for massage and then fob wouldn’t lock it…no thanks.”
So, my point is, if Lucid could roll 3.5 out faster, they would. If the could get PaaK stable and out the door, they would. They have no interest in punching themselves in the face. That said, they’ve got a bunch of unforced errors that make it tough to attract new buyers (I hypothesize).
Fine. Have fun. I hope it makes you feel better, genuinely.We have just as much of a right to complain and commiserate as you do to come here and complain about the complainers.
At my age, I never assume that....if it ships Wednesday nobody is going to die by then, etc.
Touché.At my age, I never assume that....![]()
I didn’t mean for it to sound like an admonishment. I’m just having a rough week, probably. I should probably just stop posting for a bit.I agree, though - was just on a rant. I've taken my meds; much happier now.![]()
At my age, I never assume that....
I agree, though - was just on a rant. I've taken my meds; much happier now.![]()
And, sorry for your losses (two funerals). They sure make our own problems smaller and less important...Touché.
I didn’t mean for it to sound like an admonishment. I’m just having a rough week, probably. I should probably just stop posting for a bit.
Thanks. Also not my intent.And, sorry for your losses (two funerals). They sure make our own problems smaller and less important...
I need MONEYBACK 125k milligramsCan you share there those meds? I'm not sure there are any meds that will ever make me happy again with my Gravity purchasing decision![]()
I will need the 141mg dose. I’m working hard on getting that back from LM now.I need MONEYBACK 125k milligrams
I thought Gravity belonged to the Ms, did you get a second one?FWIW, I can honestly say my car is on version 3.4.4.
Turn wifi off and leave it off.To get the update does the Gravity need to be on wireless as opposed to 5G?
I will need the 141mg dose. I’m working hard on getting that back from LM now.
It does belong to her. It is her DD.I thought Gravity belonged to the Ms, did you get a second one?