3.5 ?

That's somewhat understandable.
Regardless of my understanding, I empathize with those owners.

The good news for those owners to consider; that ownership experience can change with a single sw update (look at 3.4.4 for some). Hopefully, remembering they own a software-defined car also helps.
Haven't lost hope 🙂
 
IMG_4350.webp
Because Mondays are bad enough…
 
I don't think it is the cost of the car. A car company, like all of us here, earns a reputation based on many things and value is only one of them. Honda might have promised April and then met it or beat it - but, I don't think they would have missed a promised date. (Actually, they probably wouldn't have specIfied a particular day.). A miss would dent the corporate reputation, and that reputation is really important to them.

Addressing the delay will be important - so, Lucid, please let us know why the missed, self-imposed, deadline. Rumors and conjecture will stop and honesty goes a long way to cementing trust.
Well, it's not JUST the cost of the car. But that's definitely a big part of it. When spending 2x-3x as much for premium, most people expect a premium experience.

Personally, a delay in OTAs isn't one of my top peeves. Even established car companies usually struggle with that one, so I've come to expect it. It's a dozen other things that have left me with far more disappointments about this car than I expected. Overall it's still got far more pros than cons, but I was expecting it to be more like a 90-10 experience. It's proving to be more of a 70-30 though. I did expect fewer daily frustrations.

It's ironic. They nailed many of the hard things. But then dropped the ball on many easy things.
 
If you haven’t already done so, please add your Gravity to the garage on this software tracker. I take no credit for it. Someone else on this board set it up, not sure who. The deployment tab is the one most of us watch. Currently, there are 86 Gravities registered. It can sync to your car automatically.

 
Sure. But expectations should be reasonable nonetheless. It’s been 48 hours since it was announced. Somehow, I think we’ll all make it to next week even if it doesn’t land this weekend.
I get you, but at the time of your post, it had been 48 hours since it was announced it would start - not that it was "coming soon". A couple guys on the webcast mentioned the software was being downloaded to their cars while the presentation was going on - the date of rollout was a statement, not an upcoming instance and Lucid should be as accountable as any other company for its statements.

Yes, we all can live with the first world problem of our cars not being updated for a couple days, but this goes more to the credibility of the company. This wasn't marketing hype, this was a simple statement. We are rolling out new software today. Emails, press release and investors conference.
 
If you haven’t already done so, please add your Gravity to the garage on this software tracker. I take no credit for it. Someone else on this board set it up, not sure who. The deployment tab is the one most of us watch. Currently, there are 86 Gravities registered. It can sync to your car automatically.


Tried but both my Lucid account and VIN didnt work
 
Tried but both my Lucid account and VIN didnt work
Maybe try “Report an Issue” under “My Garage.” I don’t control the website, so I can’t explain why you couldn’t add your car.
 
Tried but both my Lucid account and VIN didnt work
Ask @HC_79 and he will help you. He’s done yeomen’s work with that site/app and it’s awesome.

As for announcing and not actually rolling it out broadly. No one is hurt more by this than Lucid itself. We can all wait. We’ve been waiting and it will be fine. Personally, there are probably 10+ bugs I’d prefer they address before CarPlay, but I do think I will use CarPlay.

Lucid itself has issues with folks like my friend who drove my car once, had a fob issue, and said “I will never buy a Lucid”…I think he’s more mainstream than any of us. My brother had the same reaction “awesome car, drives insanely well, but music froze, screen froze for massage and then fob wouldn’t lock it…no thanks.”

So, my point is, if Lucid could roll 3.5 out faster, they would. If the could get PaaK stable and out the door, they would. They have no interest in punching themselves in the face. That said, they’ve got a bunch of unforced errors that make it tough to attract new buyers (I hypothesize).
 
but is it worth my time?
I think so. Once you get your car added the updates are automatic. It’s got some pretty cool statistics. There’s also a search function for the manual.
 
Put down the pitchforks, you don't need to speak to the manager. Now with Gravities rolling out to 2nd wave buyers the amount of entitlement and complaining has grown exponentially. We know the car was expensive. The updates will roll out when they are ready. Go outside and get some fresh air. We will all be fine.
 
I think so. Once you get your car added the updates are automatic. It’s got some pretty cool statistics. There’s also a search function for the manual.
tried again and it worked- maybe was just a website glitch
 
Put down the pitchforks, you don't need to speak to the manager. Now with Gravities rolling out to 2nd wave buyers the amount of entitlement and complaining has grown exponentially. We know the car was expensive. The updates will roll out when they are ready. Go outside and get some fresh air. We will all be fine.

But.... I'm a hay baler
 
I get you, but at the time of your post, it had been 48 hours since it was announced it would start - not that it was "coming soon". A couple guys on the webcast mentioned the software was being downloaded to their cars while the presentation was going on - the date of rollout was a statement, not an upcoming instance and Lucid should be as accountable as any other company for its statements.

Yes, we all can live with the first world problem of our cars not being updated for a couple days, but this goes more to the credibility of the company. This wasn't marketing hype, this was a simple statement. We are rolling out new software today. Emails, press release and investors conference.
1773672876749.gif
 
Put down the pitchforks, you don't need to speak to the manager. Now with Gravities rolling out to 2nd wave buyers the amount of entitlement and complaining has grown exponentially. We know the car was expensive. The updates will roll out when they are ready. Go outside and get some fresh air. We will all be fine.
The issue is more "Why did Lucid announce something that a lot of their customers want, on a specific date, no less, and then go radio silent?

We have just as much of a right to complain and commiserate as you do to come here and complain about the complainers.
 
Put down the pitchforks, you don't need to speak to the manager. Now with Gravities rolling out to 2nd wave buyers the amount of entitlement and complaining has grown exponentially. We know the car was expensive. The updates will roll out when they are ready. Go outside and get some fresh air. We will all be fine.
Well usually when you sell more of something that means they’ll be more complaints when you mess up. Comes with the business. There’s a difference between expecting what you’ve been told vs expecting randomly. There’s no entitlement going on.
 
I'm done with ranting. I still love the car and want Lucid to stay in business - I'm already hoping for a Gravity Ruby (can't afford a Sapphire....)
 
Back
Top