3.5 ?

This is NOT PaaK, Nick Twork confirmed that the remote start was different and that PaaK will be coming in a later update.
Is this the timeline you are referring to?
Screenshot_20260312_095721_Chrome.webp
Yeah I thought it was missing some information, like HUD and car play/AA. But it does say mobile key for gravity in 26...I just hope that app button isn't being considered mobile key. My quiet is that if there was true mobile key than that button doesn't seem necessary, so it could be a temp unanticipated fix
 
Is this the timeline you are referring to?
View attachment 37304
Yeah I thought it was missing some information, like HUD and car play/AA. But it does say mobile key for gravity in 26...I just hope that app button isn't being considered mobile key. My quiet is that if there was true mobile key than that button doesn't seem necessary, so it could be a temp unanticipated fix
They’ll have true PAAK. They’ve said they will and they have it in the Air. Just have to wait. And I am sure they want it to be 99.999% stable given fobgate experiences earlier.

The remote start is actually randomly helpful if someone who doesn’t have access to my Gravity normally needs to drive it. Like a friend or family member who needs to borrow it. So it’s probably not a function that will go away or just a placeholder. Tesla still has it even though they have PaaK.
 
They’ll have true PAAK. They’ve said they will and they have it in the Air. Just have to wait. And I am sure they want it to be 99.999% stable given fobgate experiences earlier.

The remote start is actually randomly helpful if someone who doesn’t have access to my Gravity normally needs to drive it. Like a friend or family member who needs to borrow it. So it’s probably not a function that will go away or just a placeholder. Tesla still has it even though they have PaaK.
Oh interesting. So as long as someone has your login they would be able to drive. That's interesting- and it doesn't take up a mobile key slot in memory I assume.
 
Oh interesting. So as long as someone has your login they would be able to drive. That's interesting- and it doesn't take up a mobile key slot in memory I assume.
They don’t need your login. They don’t need a fob or any authentication. They just need to know it’s been activated by you (or someone who has access to the app for your car) and to push the front door driver handle within two minutes. That’s my guess. At least, that’s the way it’s worked on Teslas.
 
Hmm...I never used this feature on my M3. So when does the permission go away...when they stop and open the door the first time?

I give permission to my son to take it to the store (hypothetical...he is not taking my Lucid to the store. Sorry, son. lol), wouldn't the access be denied when he comes back to car?

Doubt I'll use this feature, but good to know it's there in case. Maybe for simple things like someone needs to move the car?
 
Me, too! I may have just created a home assistant automation to alert me when the download_update_status changes.
I shed a tiny little tear of joy when I hear things like this <3
 
Hmm...I never used this feature on my M3. So when does the permission go away...when they stop and open the door the first time?

I give permission to my son to take it to the store (hypothetical...he is not taking my Lucid to the store. Sorry, son. lol), wouldn't the access be denied when he comes back to car?

Doubt I'll use this feature, but good to know it's there in case. Maybe for simple things like someone needs to move the car?
I'll use it to move the car instead of go back inside, get the fob, go back outside....
 
They don’t need your login. They don’t need a fob or any authentication. They just need to know it’s been activated by you (or someone who has access to the app for your car) and to push the front door driver handle within two minutes. That’s my guess. At least, that’s the way it’s worked on Teslas.
This sounds like a useful feature!
 
I'll use it to move the car instead of go back inside, get the fob, go back outside....
Paak should fill that need too. But I get the value of this feature- could be useful with friends or family.
 
Do you think we will get true phone as a key with gravity like with air? Is it possible that they aren't able to facilitate with their implementation of UWB? I just hope this button on the app is not the mobile key we have been waiting for.
Yes, but not with this update.
 
Hmm...I never used this feature on my M3. So when does the permission go away...when they stop and open the door the first time?
After two minutes of waiting, or after they have driven and parked, whichever comes first.

I give permission to my son to take it to the store (hypothetical...he is not taking my Lucid to the store. Sorry, son. lol), wouldn't the access be denied when he comes back to car?
Yes. You’d have to activate it again.

Doubt I'll use this feature, but good to know it's there in case. Maybe for simple things like someone needs to move the car?
👍
 
Yes, we should all sell the car now
Great idea! Due to not meeting expectations, you should sell your DE-P to me for 90% off - I'm willing to take it off your hands for that. I'm very kind that way...😇
 
Last edited:
Soon. They test, others test, they get feedback, etc. Eventually broader rollout starts.

Given it appears they didn’t intend to actually push it broadly on 3/12, it does seem a bit disingenuous to announce it with the flair they did. Especially because you have a group of owners super sensitive to software updates due to prior bugs, etc.

That said…patience. It’s definitely coming. Could be today, next week or…later.

I haven’t had it for 8+ months and somehow I’ve survived…

Champagne problems!
The rollout of the UX 3.5 software release has started already. Typically, it takes a few days for everyone to get it as we don’t rollout it to all customers immediately, but let me know if you don’t receive within a week.
The Lucid software person on the forum has said it's begun rolling out and that if we don't have it within a week, we should reach out. So it's started and all need to be patient and relax. People keep getting so anxious every release. I'm excited for the update too and it'll come within a week to us all.
 
The Lucid software person on the forum has said it's begun rolling out and that if we don't have it within a week, we should reach out. So it's started and all need to be patient and relax. People keep getting so anxious every release. I'm excited for the update too and it'll come within a week to us all.
It's just unusual for no one to indicate that they received esp since the announcement said it would start rolling out yesterday. We are also interested to hear how the software performed since often specific features sometimes break and we like to know if we should hold off on immediate install if we have concerns.
 
It's just unusual for no one to indicate that they received esp since the announcement said it would start rolling out yesterday. We are also interested to hear how the software performed since often specific features sometimes break and we like to know if we should hold off on immediate install if we have concerns.
Purely hypothetically, consider the possibility that early testers may be under NDA.
 
Purely hypothetically, consider the possibility that early testers may be under NDA.
Wouldn't that be before announcement of a rollout? I'm not in software so not sure what standard protocol is at lucid or other software firms.

Either way, excited for AA!
 
Purely hypothetically, consider the possibility that early testers may be under NDA.
Thanks for testing it for us. Hypothetically.
 
Back
Top