3.5 ?

If they have given up, I would expect a class action lawsuit. Those of us who paid for the Tech Package have paid approximately $2300 (if you subtract out the power package and underwhelming dynamic ambient lighting) for a HUD that is basically comparable to the HUD on my daughters 10 year old Buick that was a $500 option.
For what damages? They haven’t even sold 1000 gravities. Assuming half the eligible people join, that’s only 1.1mm potential damages. I doubt a class action firm is going to take that.
 
Not surprised, as they upgrade hardware in newer models, you can’t expect older vehicles automatically get the latest and best……
I figure the Air will get 3.0 if you have the v2 chip and that’s probably the end of it, which is totally fine.
 
Tesla has not taken that approach, our 2018 model 3 has hardware 3.0, and not compatible with the latest iteration of FSD. This is what every company does. I wouldn’t single out Lucid.
This is about the UX/UI software not FSD hardware! Tesla has repeatedly overhauled people’s software on legacy models and Rivian is doing the same. Seems Lucid has already given up on 3.0 and moved to 4.0 with a focus on only newer models getting that version only. Do I expect 6.0 on Gravity? No, but it would be nice to see at least one iteration.
 
For what damages? They haven’t even sold 1000 gravities. Assuming half the eligible people join, that’s only 1.1mm potential damages. I doubt a class action firm is going to take that.

Lucid sold 3877 Gravity in 2025.

Source: Image from Lucid's investor day deck

Screenshot 2026-03-13 093137.webp
 
Lucid sold 3877 Gravity in 2025.

Source: Image from Lucid's investor day deck

View attachment 37299
Oh nice! I hadn’t seen an update since they said “well in to the 3 digits”. Q4 they did better. Still, idk, it technically has auto park and HUD, it’s just bad. I don’t see how that’s a lawsuit opportunity. Lucid delivered it’s just not their strong suit.
 
Is this 3.5 update actually rolling out yet? Like actually, actually?
 
This is about the UX/UI software not FSD hardware! Tesla has repeatedly overhauled people’s software on legacy models and Rivian is doing the same. Seems Lucid has already given up on 3.0 and moved to 4.0 with a focus on only newer models getting that version only. Do I expect 6.0 on Gravity? No, but it would be nice to see at least one iteration.
For software, I fully expect to see the latest software on my 2026 Gravity until the end of the 3 year lease. I think communization of the midsize, Gravity and next generation Air will all run the same UX/UI software. There are soooo many economies of scale - too many to ignore. It may have different capabilities based on CPU and car hardware, but I would be disappointed if they kept the different vehicle core software siloed.

But, what the hell do I know? Let me answer that - Nothing!
 
Oh nice! I hadn’t seen an update since they said “well in to the 3 digits”. Q4 they did better. Still, idk, it technically has auto park and HUD, it’s just bad. I don’t see how that’s a lawsuit opportunity. Lucid delivered it’s just not their strong suit.
Yeah, I was surprised to see that slide with a detailed breakdown in the deck given that they've been somewhat cagey about providing exact numbers. There's another slide that showed production too that confirmed what @Adnillien was saying about there being a 3:1 Gravity to Air production output in 3Q and likely higher in Q4 as they provided a graph showing how they've scaled up production:

Screenshot 2026-03-13 094550.webp



And as this is getting offtopic for this thread I'll start a separate one to discuss this stuff if it's interesting to people.
 
Is this 3.5 update actually rolling out yet? Like actually, actually?
Still haven't gotten the update- someone mentioned it was halted but not verified- thought we would have seen it yesterday or the day before. New android app did come in!
 
1773422049332.webp


It is kind of ironic that Lucid actually put a date to the rollout and not one person has reported as getting it on that said date.
 
Maybe a small group of friends and family got it under NDA so it counts as "deliveries have begun" ;)

Well there is apparently a small group of public testers who seem to get the updates first.
 
Do you think we will get true phone as a key with gravity like with air? Is it possible that they aren't able to facilitate with their implementation of UWB? I just hope this button on the app is not the mobile key we have been waiting for.
 
Do you think we will get true phone as a key with gravity like with air? Is it possible that they aren't able to facilitate with their implementation of UWS? I just hope this button on the app is not the mobile key we have been waiting for.
I don't think it is PAAK, but with a few clicks you can get in and drive. But not PAAK. Timeline in Investors Conference indicated 2nd quarter or mid year
 
Do you think we will get true phone as a key with gravity like with air? Is it possible that they aren't able to facilitate with their implementation of UWB? I just hope this button on the app is not the mobile key we have been waiting for.
This is NOT PaaK, Nick Twork confirmed that the remote start was different and that PaaK will be coming in a later update.
 
Is this 3.5 update actually rolling out yet? Like actually, actually?
Soon. They test, others test, they get feedback, etc. Eventually broader rollout starts.

Given it appears they didn’t intend to actually push it broadly on 3/12, it does seem a bit disingenuous to announce it with the flair they did. Especially because you have a group of owners super sensitive to software updates due to prior bugs, etc.

That said…patience. It’s definitely coming. Could be today, next week or…later.

I haven’t had it for 8+ months and somehow I’ve survived…

Champagne problems!
 
Back
Top