3.5 ?

Was interesting to notice that UX 4.0 was only called out for Cosmos and Earth also.
That is because they basically said that you need the Nvidia platform to run UX 4.0. In the Q&A one of the analysts asked a question “would UX 4.0 be backward compatible to the Air and Gravity” and the answer was “no”, not without modification. The best the Gravity will be able to eventually offer is Level 2++ autonomy with the current hardware.
 
That is because they basically said that you need the Nvidia platform to run UX 4.0. In the Q&A one of the analysts asked a question “would UX 4.0 be backward compatible to the Air and Gravity” and the answer was “no”, not without modification. The best the Gravity will be able to eventually offer is Level 2++ autonomy with the current hardware.
Kind of disappointing they’ve taken this approach. Rivian made Gen 2 software backward compatible with Gen 1 and have said that the R2 software will be coming to R1 by year end. We all know Tesla has taken a similar approach but seems Lucid isn’t following 100% in their footsteps. Better than a traditional automaker though, I guess!

I thought the whole point of Gravity’s software stack moving forward was that it was going to be easier for Lucid to keep all the cars on that stack similar / relevant, unless they plan on offering hardware upgrades like they did with Air.
 
This slide shows "Auto Park In/Out" as available now.

There is a button for this, but I've tried it dozens of times and never gotten it to do anything. I've never seen a successful report on the forums.

Has anyone ever gotten their Gravity to auto-park? I don't really care -- this has always been a gimmick on my Tesla -- but the fact that they keep making a big deal of it on vehicle specs and roadmaps is a bit grating. Why not put "sefl-powered flight" on it if we're going to sell based on features that have never worked in any vehicle?
Ours works; it needs two cars to park between, but it does work.
 
Kind of disappointing they’ve taken this approach. Rivian made Gen 2 software backward compatible with Gen 1 and have said that the R2 software will be coming to R1 by year end. We all know Tesla has taken a similar approach but seems Lucid isn’t following 100% in their footsteps. Better than a traditional automaker though, I guess!

I thought the whole point of Gravity’s software stack moving forward was that it was going to be easier for Lucid to keep all the cars on that stack similar / relevant, unless they plan on offering hardware upgrades like they did with Air.
While disappointing, many of our leases will be up in 2028 anyways and so we can maybe switch to a UX 4.0 compatible car when Level 4 is actually available.
 
While disappointing, many of our leases will be up in 2028 anyways and so we can maybe switch to a UX 4.0 compatible car when Level 4 is actually available.
... and, in 2031 we'll probably switch to a car with UX 6.0, which does even more. That's OK. Tesla introduced the software defined vehicle and we have come to expect continuous advancements in features. But the vehicle itself, there has and will for a long time be a shelf life. As evolved as the car has become, it is still made up of production hardware that is already being redesigned in the engineering labs to the next design - and those new designs are not always just iterative - think of drum brakes to disc brakes to regenerative brakes. Manual transmissions, to automatic transmissions to no transmissions. Carburetors to fuel injection. Distributors and spark plugs to electronic engine control and spark creation.

I could go on, but the concept of having a vehicle that can always be modernized to the most recent model - it won't happen in my lifetime. Auto companies wants to sell me the latest and greatest, not just keep my old car current. There's no money in that for any manufacturer and there is no reward to the customer for progress in engineering, manufacturing and assembly processes.

Personally, I want the new car, with the new bells and whistles! And, I will probably simply want a different color for a change or a different body style. CHANGE IS GOOD!!!!

It is a great time to be alive - I wish my dad were here to see it!
 
... and, in 2031 we'll probably switch to a car with UX 6.0, which does even more. That's OK. Tesla introduced the software defined vehicle and we have come to expect continuous advancements in features. But the vehicle itself, there has and will for a long time be a shelf life. As evolved as the car has become, it is still made up of production hardware that is already being redesigned in the engineering labs to the next design - and those new designs are not always just iterative - think of drum brakes to disc brakes to regenerative brakes. Manual transmissions, to automatic transmissions to no transmissions. Carburetors to fuel injection. Distributors and spark plugs to electronic engine control and spark creation.

I could go on, but the concept of having a vehicle that can always be modernized to the most recent model - it won't happen in my lifetime. Auto companies wants to sell me the latest and greatest, not just keep my old car current. There's no money in that for any manufacturer and there is no reward to the customer for progress in engineering, manufacturing and assembly processes.

Personally, I want the new car, with the new bells and whistles! And, I will probably simply want a different color for a change or a different body style. CHANGE IS GOOD!!!!

It is a great time to be alive - I wish my dad were here to see it!
I agree. A chip upgrade at some point, as they offer with the Air and as Tesla used to offer, would be cool.

That said, I would bet they do not hit most of the timelines they put forth yesterday except maybe coming close to getting Cosmos out on time. Tesla famously missed almost all of theirs and Rivian’s have been delayed at times too. Not all, but many…
 
That is because they basically said that you need the Nvidia platform to run UX 4.0. In the Q&A one of the analysts asked a question “would UX 4.0 be backward compatible to the Air and Gravity” and the answer was “no”, not without modification. The best the Gravity will be able to eventually offer is Level 2++ autonomy with the current hardware.
I didn't hear that expressly and Gemini search of the video can't find it. We're you reading between the lines on this maybe? Where is that in the video? Here's what I found:

Mark Winterhoff: "But the question was also, are we bringing it back? Right. Yeah, we—we are bringing it back. We—we're basically, um, for instance, the compute and the sensors that we have in Gravity, correct, we will bring back into the Air. That's right."

Kai Stepper: "Yeah. And then in the future there might be from the midsize things going back into the Gravity and into the Air. So there is definitely a plan for that."

There's also a slide showing a woman driving a Gravity while reading a book, which is Level 3 "eyes off."
 
Kind of disappointing they’ve taken this approach. Rivian made Gen 2 software backward compatible with Gen 1 and have said that the R2 software will be coming to R1 by year end. We all know Tesla has taken a similar approach but seems Lucid isn’t following 100% in their footsteps. Better than a traditional automaker though, I guess!

I thought the whole point of Gravity’s software stack moving forward was that it was going to be easier for Lucid to keep all the cars on that stack similar / relevant, unless they plan on offering hardware upgrades like they did with Air.
It will be interesting to see how much difference there is between UX 3.0 and 4.0 beyond 4.0 including the “potential” for Level 4 autonomy due to it having the NVIDEA Thor processor. In fact, I have a feeling that calling it UX 4.0 may be a bit of marketing about it’s “potential” Level 4 capabilities.
 
That post goes perfectly with your profile picture! :)
Not sure if you changed it just for the post, but it worked.
Veruca-Salt-thegem-blog-timeline-large.webp
 
Not as threatening as the profile picture that conveys "I'm bout to beat somebody up", but we get your point. :)
As posted here, just remember today is Friday the 13th.

The meme is more of a "Yussss!" pose and it is my original avatar for this place since signing up

1520211824202.webp
 
I didn't hear that expressly and Gemini search of the video can't find it. We're you reading between the lines on this maybe? Where is that in the video? Here's what I found:

Mark Winterhoff: "But the question was also, are we bringing it back? Right. Yeah, we—we are bringing it back. We—we're basically, um, for instance, the compute and the sensors that we have in Gravity, correct, we will bring back into the Air. That's right."

Kai Stepper: "Yeah. And then in the future there might be from the midsize things going back into the Gravity and into the Air. So there is definitely a plan for that."

There's also a slide showing a woman driving a Gravity while reading a book, which is Level 3 "eyes off."
I’m glad you reviewed the video and have a different interpretation. Yes, I was reading between the lines. When I heard “might” and the fact that the mid-sized is a more advanced tech stack, I didn’t have a high degree of confidence.

I am glad that Mark jumped in and attempted to answer the question, because the first person who responded misinterpreted the analyst’s question. But, I also didn’t hear expressly that Gravity would get to Level 4.

Considering we still don’t have the Augmented Reality HUD that we paid for, I don’t have a high degree of confidence, unless I expressly hear a plan and timeline to Level 3 and then Level 4.

I do hope I’m wrong. I went to the expense of wrapping my car with PPF and plan to keep it a long time.
 
In another thread on this site someone said that they saw online that the 3.5 update would be seen only via the Lucid app version 3.14 which will roll out from Apple tomorrow. That might not be right, it could be that the app 3.14 is part of the update.
App version 2.14
 
I’m glad you reviewed the video and have a different interpretation. Yes, I was reading between the lines. When I heard “might” and the fact that the mid-sized is a more advanced tech stack, I didn’t have a high degree of confidence.

I am glad that Mark jumped in and attempted to answer the question, because the first person who responded misinterpreted the analyst’s question. But, I also didn’t hear expressly that Gravity would get to Level 4.

Considering we still don’t have the Augmented Reality HUD that we paid for, I don’t have a high degree of confidence, unless I expressly hear a plan and timeline to Level 3 and then Level 4.

I do hope I’m wrong. I went to the expense of wrapping my car with PPF and plan to keep it a long time.
I'm in the same boat as you -- am trying to be a glass half full type! Definitely did not hear that Gravity would get to Level 4, and I thought they had said that this iteration of the Gravity would not without the Thor chipset. But I could have been misinterpreting that too. Honestly though I did not get the Gravity with anything more than a Level 2++ expectation.
 
App version 2.14
Yes. I just updated the app to 2.14, didn’t realize it was already available to be updated. But the remote start icon that was briefly on the app previously is not on this version. 🤷
 
Was interesting to notice that UX 4.0 was only called out for Cosmos and Earth also.
Not surprised, as they upgrade hardware in newer models, you can’t expect older vehicles automatically get the latest and best……
 
Kind of disappointing they’ve taken this approach. Rivian made Gen 2 software backward compatible with Gen 1 and have said that the R2 software will be coming to R1 by year end. We all know Tesla has taken a similar approach but seems Lucid isn’t following 100% in their footsteps. Better than a traditional automaker though, I guess!

I thought the whole point of Gravity’s software stack moving forward was that it was going to be easier for Lucid to keep all the cars on that stack similar / relevant, unless they plan on offering hardware upgrades like they did with Air.
Tesla has not taken that approach, our 2018 model 3 has hardware 3.0, and not compatible with the latest iteration of FSD. This is what every company does. I wouldn’t single out Lucid.
 
Back
Top