23 touring vs 22 gt

GVWR…… over 6K
Hence, why it qualifies for section 179

Daily driving range isn't an issue, but the very first trip I planned ran into considerations due to lack of DCFC in the area (Hershey, PA), requiring a planned stop on the way out that a GT wouldn't have needed. Not the end of the world, but I started seeing the value of the GT's extra battery capacity (understanding the slight elevation of the floor in the rear cabin), especially since it will invite lower starting SOC requirements during return trips where it might be ok to top up to 60-80% SOC at a DCFC for the leg home, whereas a Touring might have needed, say, 90-100% to get it done, requiring an significantly longer charging session due to the charging curves. It started dawning on me just how helpful extra kwh can be.

Between that and the massaging seats which have garnered decent reviews (I wouldn't say no on long trips), I'm leaning towards the GT now - all because the 2nd hand market doesn't reflect the significant purchase price difference between GT and Touring. The nuances appear to be lost on the market (great for buyers).

It wouldn't be a challenging decision if the used GT pricing was significantly higher...I would simply stick with the Touring. However, with '22 GT's at $70-75k all day long at this point, it's challenging to justify a $73k 23 Touring, ASSUMING there is no significant build quality differences between '22 and '23. That's what I'm trying to research to make the most well-informed decision.
Hi, Harrisburg here. There is DCFC right near HIA. Hershey is 15 minutes away.

Hi, Harrisburg here. There is DCFC right near HIA. Hershey is 15 minutes away.
Thank you, didn't realize they were that close. This is the Blink chargers in the cell phone lot?

I hope the Sheetz units (showing a coming soon in plugshare) happen soon.

Not sure why more convenience stops don't have them. Seems like a high margin opportunity since the government pays air a bit back in credits for businesses that install level 3 dcfc.

Thx for the info, I was driving all over Elizabethtown wishing it was in a lucid, not a hyundai ICE with a horrific transmission.

Thank you, didn't realize they were that close. This is the Blink chargers in the cell phone lot?

I hope the Sheetz units (showing a coming soon in plugshare) happen soon.

Not sure why more convenience stops don't have them. Seems like a high margin opportunity since the government pays air a bit back in credits for businesses that install level 3 dcfc.

Thx for the info, I was driving all over Elizabethtown wishing it was in a lucid, not a hyundai ICE with a horrific transmission.
This is the fast charger near the airport. It's about a block from Sheetz and the new WaWa being built. The Sheetz off i83 near the old Harrisburg East Mall is rumored to be installed this fall. Same with the Sheetz off i81 towards i78.

1000003177.jpg

Thank you, I did see there were two options there, one is in the airport parking lot, the other is in the cell phone lot if I'm not mistaken.

Thank you, I did see there were two options there, one is in the airport parking lot, the other is in the cell phone lot if I'm not mistaken.
This one is off site about a mile or less from the airport. The cell phone and airport garage are different. Plus neither of those are DC fast chargers this one is.

My bad, I said "airport parking lot," but I see it's off-site airport parking. We are talking about the same site though :)

Back