2025 Air GT - Issues on Delivery Day

I get it I’m waiting but 2025s have no cable with the car. So ordering after delivery sucks when no alternative with the car.

I hear you. DC fast charging with EA should be free for you for 1 or 2 years. I recognize it is inconvenient, but it is potentially a stopgap until you get the chargers.

I hear you. DC fast charging with EA should be free for you for 1 or 2 years. I recognize it is inconvenient, but it is potentially a stopgap until you get the chargers.
It is but was hoping to use it when I need it on trips. As it’s only like 1000 kWh credit.

I get that the chargers don't come with the 2025 cars. But since they aren't, and you don't have the full year of free charging anymore either, you'd think that the sales associate would have a discussion about charging when people were ordering the car. If they didn't already have a charger at home, they would order the Lucid cable in advance so that it would be available with car pickup. My delivery guy asked me about charging way before I picked up the car, and that was when the cable was included.

I contacted your customer service team via text about all these issues took hours to get a response and their response is its a service issue and to contact service
Strange….. I only text and if a Service Center is needed to resolve the issue they contact the Service Center to call me. I’ve never been told “not our issue, contact your service center”

Sucks you’ve had those issues on a brand new vehicle. Hopefully Lucid gets you sorted quickly and you enjoy your vehicle sooner rather than later.

I would order a charging cable to keep in the car for emergencies and use at home until your charger arrives and gets installed. I look at the cable (with a 110v adapter) as an insurance policy, worse case scenario I can plug into a 110 outlet and slow charge.

I always keep the charging cable in the trunk even though we never use it anymore. When I bought my wife's i4, we didn't have a home charger yet so we just charged it overnight with the BMW cable and a 110v adapter. I forget the exact numbers, but when we would plug it in at say 20% charged, the car would estimate something like 45 hours until it reached 80%, which sounds ridiculous, but at least that gave us peace of mind that by morning time there would be more than enough charge to get us to a charger.

My point though is I would always want a cable of some sort in my car. even after you have the home charger installed.

Maybe something like this would work if you don't want to pay $650 for the Lucid branded cable? (I have not used or had any experience with this particular charger, so you should verify its compatible.)

Sorry to hear about your issues. I also had a bunch of problems within 15 minutes of picking up the car, and since then there is something new every week - so get ready for it. I had 27 cars so far, new and used, never had so many issues, not even close. People on this forum are very forgiving, probably from a combination of enthusiasm for the brand and a hint of the sunken cost fallacy. This many issues are unacceptable IMO, but I also knew what I'm getting myself into, hence choosing the ultra-short lease. Whenever I get frustrated, I think of all those who actually BOUGHT a Lucid.

CS is pretty responsive and helpful, but they are clearly overwhelmed. I hope you'll get your issues fixed and you'll learn to enjoy the car despite the constant small or big annoyances.

I get that the chargers don't come with the 2025 cars. But since they aren't, and you don't have the full year of free charging anymore either, you'd think that the sales associate would have a discussion about charging when people were ordering the car. If they didn't already have a charger at home, they would order the Lucid cable in advance so that it would be available with car pickup. My delivery guy asked me about charging way before I picked up the car, and that was when the cable was included.

Sorry to hear about your issues. I also had a bunch of problems within 15 minutes of picking up the car, and since then there is something new every week - so get ready for it. I had 27 cars so far, new and used, never had so many issues, not even close. People on this forum are very forgiving, probably from a combination of enthusiasm for the brand and a hint of the sunken cost fallacy. This many issues are unacceptable IMO, but I also knew what I'm getting myself into, hence choosing the ultra-short lease. Whenever I get frustrated, I think of all those who actually BOUGHT a Lucid.

CS is pretty responsive and helpful, but they are clearly overwhelmed. I hope you'll get your issues fixed and you'll learn to enjoy the car despite the constant small or big annoyances.
I did the same and leased for 18 months.

I get it I’m waiting but 2025s have no cable with the car. So ordering after delivery sucks when no alternative with the car.
This seems to be the developing trend. I believe Ford and Hyundai/Kia no longer include the mobile cable.

That's the best option, no choice now but to suck it up and enjoy the ride :) The car is amazing, the most exciting car I ever had - on the same level with the GT 350 and E39. But every update breaks something up - Lucid doesn't believe in testing :)

Sorry to hear of your new car's issues.

For the charging aspect, do you already have a 14-50 outlet in the garage?

I see that Lucid's mobile cable shows as in-stock on the store website. Have you tried re-contacting your delivery associate going up the chain to at least get a loaner mobile cable?
Seems like it would be a worthwhile gesture on their part.

Crazy that so many people here blame the customer just because they are new to the forum. Checklist? You think there should need to be a checklist for a cutting edge $100k + car? Maybe suggest instead that Lucid uses the checklist BEFORE delivery so it’s on them and not on the customer. The idea that you have to get a service appointment literally minutes after taking delivery is nuts - start placing the blame in the right place or it never gets better. For proof just see Tesla….

Sun visor requires a new windshield
Sun visor is attached with an adhesive. That would be insane if you needed a new windshield to adjust the visor.

I believe someone on the forum has figured out how to remove them in fact.

Sun visor is attached with an adhesive. That would be insane if you needed a new windshield to adjust the visor.

I believe someone on the forum has figured out how to remove them in fact.
Yes this same forum shows peoples that have fallen it off and while its attached with adhesive the windshield needs to be replaced for some reason as they cannot reattach them... I know that sounds ridiculous but here is the thread:

Just wanted to make sure you understood that Lucid's connected home charging station is meant for hardwiring and can't be plugged into a receptacle. Their mobile cable is meant to plug into a14-50.

Just wanted to make sure you understood that Lucid's connected home charging station is meant for hardwiring and can't be plugged into a receptacle. Their mobile cable is meant to plug into a14-50.

Correct. So when the home charging station arrives.... my installer is going to remove the outlet and hard wire the charging station.

What’s the “sunken cost fallacy”? Never mind, I’ll google it.

I actually DID buy a Lucid, I’m rarely frustrated with it, and when I am, I express it here. I think the only time I’d regret ever having bought a Lucid is if I decided to sell it. And right now, I can’t imagine any reason why I would want to do that.

As kids say today, YMMV - or something like that.

Back