2025 Air GT - Issues on Delivery Day

ilushka85

Reaction score
Cars
Lucid Air GT
  1. Sales told me delivery center would have a charge cable for me when I picked up the car until I could order home charger whenever you guys send me a code - no such luck I have no way to charge the vehicle now.
  2. Car was picked up at delivery center I get in and notice soft close on drivers door only works 1 out of 10 times. I go back into the delivery center they want me to schedule an appointment and bring the car back.
  3. As I drive home in a brand new car for 131k with my service appointment in hand I notice more issues… the sun visor doesn't stay locked in. I get home and see that its not installed straight and has a torx screw .. no problem I figure ill loosen the screw and adjust it for you guys. No such luck as the screw removes it but cannot adjust the rotation. It's base is glued on at the wrong alignment Angle.
  4. I look down at my drivers door handle trim area and see the wood trim piece has either been cut out by a child or misaligned and its whole edge and glue are exposed.
  5. My charge port door won't open with any touch or any strength of push force on the door. It opens via app / button in car. And even opens if I open drivers door and give it a slight lift on the edge it activates the motor… but again pushing it anywhere with any force won't open it.
  6. I contacted your customer service team via text about all these issues took hours to get a response and their response is its a service issue and to contact service.
  7. I called customer service… waited eventually given the call back option requested it and no call back… tried calling again and gave up waiting on hold. I also asked via text to call me and they told me they would have service call me
  8. I texted my sales person with my first issues in this morning. 0 response
The car was picked up hours ago and has had all of these issues. These aren't things that broke over time and I would normally have no issue seeking repair but this is how it just left the factory. It seems there is very little quality control and the lack of ability to reach customer service to discuss frustration and just pointing me back to service is aggravating. This should not be a day 1 experience for anyone spending 130k on a vehicle.

What makes me even angrier is that based on what I read here about the way the visor is mounted to the windshield the only way to fix the issue is a full windshield (Glass cockpit replacement). Its upsetting knowing that a car needs all this repaired day 1 and has to go thru all the molestation involved with a windshield replacement.

Sorry to hear about your delivery experience and all these issues. Did you not do an inspection during and before accepting delivery? There is a checklist available on this forum which clearly states for things to check before accepting delivery.

That really is a crazy list of things to be wrong on delivery. I don't think I did a full inspection when I got mine. At least I didn't have the list. But some of these things would have been noticed when the DA was setting up us in the car. We were in and out of the driver's seat a few times setting up profiles and things like that. Item 1 is really crazy though. Having an EV you can't charge is not workable situation. I hope they reach out to you and correct all this quickly.

Where are you? That doesn’t sound like a vehicle picked up from any Lucid delivery centre or service centre I’ve ever worked with.

I didn’t “inspect” my car on taking delivery, nor did I follow any kind of checklist. I just allowed the delivery advisor to brief me on how to operate the car, and then I drove home.

I’m curious where you picked up your car. It’s mystifying to me that any Lucid centre would behave so out of their norm that they’d let you take delivery of a vehicle with so many problems. That’s just not like them.

Delivery center is Chicago. In fairness the only issue I noticed there was soft close door issue and there options were to leaves the car or schedule service. Which I did for next Monday because they are too busy.

Rest of issues found as I drive home and examined car more at home

It seems like the OP joined the forum right after picking up the car just to report an issue 🤔, without taking the time to review a checklist or inspect the car beforehand. Something feels off here unless they provide some credible sources to back up their claim.

It seems like the OP joined the forum right after picking up the car just to report an issue 🤔, without taking the time to review a checklist or inspect the car beforehand. Something feels off here unless they provide some credible sources to back up their claim.
Dont take this wrong. We have seen many of such reports in the group which has no credibility.

Here are pics of the issues.

IMG_2283.webp

Attachments

• IMG_2280.webp
    IMG_2280.webp
    237.2 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_2279.webp
    IMG_2279.webp
    330.8 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_2281.webp
    IMG_2281.webp
    118.2 KB · Views: 92
The first response should not be to dismiss or blame OP. Every car maker has a bad delivery now and then. Don't want to become a cult of defenders. That being said, it would be good for OP to show some proof of ownership.

The first response should not be to dismiss or blame the OP. Every car maker has a bad delivery now and then, and we don't want to become a cult of defenders. That being said, it would be good for the OP to show some proof of ownership.

I agree. I would be quite frustrated, too, if I were in the same boat on day one. We all have different perspectives on things, and let’s extend some grace to the OP. I am sure Lucid will make it right, and I hope the OP will be very happy with the car for years to come. It is an amazing driving machine!

One thing I didn’t realize is that 25s are not shipped with chargers, unlike earlier MYs. I only learned this when my mobile tech told me. I hope the charger issue gets figured out sooner as well. In the worst case, the OP can charge at EA or other public chargers.

I agree. I would be quite frustrated, too, if I were in the same boat on day one. We all have different perspectives on things, and let’s extend some grace to the OP. I am sure Lucid will make it right, and I hope the OP will be very happy with the car for years to come. It is an amazing driving machine!

One thing I didn’t realize is that 25s are not shipped with chargers, unlike earlier MYs. I only learned this when my mobile tech told me. I hope the charger issue gets figured out sooner as well. In the worst case, the OP can charge at EA or other public chargers.
This is definitely an issue and still waiting for code to order the home charger. It’s a pain in the ass with ordering a car and then having to wait to order a charger to get the credit. And it coming with no charger

Figured out the no mobile charger thing when I picked up my 2025 a week ago....

This is definitely an issue and still waiting for code to order the home charger. It’s a pain in the ass with ordering a car and then having to wait to order a charger to get the credit. And it coming with no charger
These are minor issues, Lucid will make it right, don’t worry. Just trim.

Just to go to EA and charge for a few days.

Just as a point of reference here for you: I just looked back my emails and from the time I took delivery to the time I got my code emailed to me was 17 hours.

Just as a point of reference here for you: I just looked back my emails and from the time I took delivery to the time I got my code emailed to me was 17 hours.
I get it I’m waiting but 2025s have no cable with the car. So ordering after delivery sucks when no alternative with the car.

Back