Reminder: Opening the door puts the car in park!

So, the car starts to move forward, with the emergency brakes screaming in protest... until you let go of the button? Yikes!!!

So, the car starts to move forward, with the emergency brakes screaming in protest... until you let go of the button? Yikes!!!
It is an emergency brake. That's what it's for. The plan is if your regen and friction brakes both somehow fail, you hold down the park button as a last resort to stop. Maybe that's not the best placement for it though. I've never had an issue with it, but sometimes wires get crossed in our heads and we do things backwards.

It is an emergency brake. That's what it's for. The plan is if your regen and friction brakes both somehow fail, you hold down the park button as a last resort to stop. Maybe that's not the best placement for it though. I've never had an issue with it, but sometimes wires get crossed in our heads and we do things backwards.
Yeah, I get that... but somehow, I expected Lucid's sophisticated technology to think 'Surely, this guy does not want to both use his emergency brake AND accelerate', and not let him increase his speed.

No. If you hold the parking button, it will apply the emergency brakes while you are holding the button.
Since no one ever did any of these things, has anyone ever NOT ripped the ebrake and swung the tail out? 🤣

It only took a year and a half, but I finally did this today. I meant to clean the windshield, and the car tried to stop on me instead. Luckily I was in the residential area near my house, and only going 20mph, so it wasn't as crazy as it could have been.

My wife cleans the windshield dang near everytime she signals to turn...After reading this, I think I'll be less annoyed because things could be worse. 😅

Back