2024 GT or 2022 GTP

sashua

I am trying to decide on a 2024 GT or 2022 GTP for only a tiny bit more. I don’t think that the 2022 has the heat pump but, otherwise, it is fully loaded just like the 2024 GT. Is that heat pump a “must have”?
Is there any know disadvantage to a 2022 (problems to look out for or things that have since been corrected)? Is the resale value worth the hit for the extra 200HP?
Both options are brand new cars.
Thanks,
Russ

If 'brand new' means still with the full warranty I would take the GTP. But only you can decide whether the extra performance is worth it to you wrt your particular preferences and use case.

Interesting question about depreciation. I suspect a 2022 GTP will depreciate more than a 2024 GT, but I'm not sure how significant the difference would be.

Not sure how you found another new GT-P from Lucid. I thought ours was the very last of the 22'. We owned a 23' GT for 9 months that I base this post on.

The heat pump primarily helps with charging, and I am not sure if anyone knows if there is or is not a heat pump in the GT-P.

The horsepower I personally cannot live without after driving a loaner GT-P for 2+ months (during GT ownership) and finally purchasing the GT-P. Any warranty work puts us in a GT, and I had to drive one for about two weeks about a month ago. The contrast is stark in power delivery and handling. Sprint mode in the GT is equivalent to Smooth and Swift in the GT-P.

As for depreciation, much of the depreciation should be done at 2 years. If you get a 24' and fast forward two years, I do not imagine a drastic change in the depreciation curve before holding steady similar to where the GT-P is now. I do not think many GT-Ps have been resold after the announcement of no more GT-Ps from Lucid, so it is effectively a limited edition trim. I do not plan on selling the car, but this may help the value depending on market response, particularly given Sapphire owners are not likely to sell anytime soon.

Conclusion: Get the GT-P. Depreciation is negligible and at least baked in to the GT-P vs a loss on a new 24' GT. Performance and handling are tangible if you appreciate those characteristics in a car. The worst thing would be getting into a GT-P or Dream-P later and regretting your decision of not purchasing the GT-P in my opinion, particularly if the Sapphire is out of reach.

I am trying to decide on a 2024 GT or 2022 GTP for only a tiny bit more. I don’t think that the 2022 has the heat pump but, otherwise, it is fully loaded just like the 2024 GT. Is that heat pump a “must have”?
Is there any know disadvantage to a 2022 (problems to look out for or things that have since been corrected)? Is the resale value worth the hit for the extra 200HP?
Thanks,
Russ
I assume you mean a new 2024 GT vs a used 2022 GT-P?

A used 2022 GT-P would be a pretty rare find since I believe there are even fewer GT-P's than DE-P's produced (fact check needed here)? Stumbling on new untitled GT-P would be a unicorn. Lucid will likely give you the depreciated price on it as they did for me when I took delivery last December. As for a heat pump in the GT-P, I also don't know if it is has one. I doubt it, but I'd be happy to check if anyone knows if there is an easy way to verify. It hasn't made a difference for me at all so as the others have said, it depends on your individual use case.

But as for the extra Hp, I happen to be in a loaner GT right now (w/87 mph speed limiter no less) and and I can assure you that you will surely notice it on full power launches .... but I can't see anyone daily driving like that.

Thanks,
Russ
Considerations:

1.) Do you roadtrip? (GT (assuming 19 in tires) significantly more range) Summer tires hit range 15%+ compared to the 19" all seasons.

2.) Where do you live? GT-P isn't going to see its full value without wearing summer tires, too much power to put down to the pavement. If somewhere in the north or have winters, you'll need a winter set of tires. Do you want to deal with that?

3.) Consider a touring? Or have a need for range?

4.) Heat pump will increase effective range by 5%-8% if you live in a colder climate. If you are mostly using A/C it won't add any range value.

Ask yourself if you want a range build(will still lots of power) or if you are really going to launch it and canyon carve and ok with summer tires.

I have a 22 GT-P and it's wonderful.
I am chiming in more to ask what is the story with the model.
It seems to pop on and off the Lucid menu, now off.
Did they actually drop the GT-P version?

If 'brand new' means still with the full warranty I would take the GTP. But only you can decide whether the extra performance is worth it to you wrt your particular preferences and use case.

Interesting question about depreciation. I suspect a 2022 GTP will depreciate more than a 2024 GT, but I'm not sure how significant the difference would be.
In 2 years the GT will lose 50% of its value. Easy buy is the 22’ GT-P BIG depreciation already factored in.

18 mos lease on a 2025 loaded GT, which is about the same numbers as a 2024 lease is the way to go. Plus - you get the updates to the 2025’s. Unless lease numbers change in August, since only a day away now.

I have a 22 GT-P and it's wonderful.
I am chiming in more to ask what is the story with the model.
It seems to pop on and off the Lucid menu, now off.
Did they actually drop the GT-P version?
Yes. I believe they dropped the GT-P model since the Sapphire came out. Too close in HP probably.
I would have opted for a GT-P if they had it available when I got my GT. But hey, 819hp is more than I can reasonably use anyway, but some things are like this! LOL

Yes. I believe they dropped the GT-P model since the Sapphire came out. Too close in HP probably.
I would have opted for a GT-P if they had it available when I got my GT. But hey, 819hp is more than I can reasonably use anyway, but some things are like this! LOL
Thanks very much.
I agree the GT is plenty, I just saw the opportunity to get something silly and went with the GT-P.
I was all about my $7500 Federal tax break and did not want to wait for that to implode.
I agree the gap between the GT and the Sapphire is too big.
I have to imagine the take rate on the GT-P was so low it wasn't worth keeping.
Considering the Sapphire does not appear to have sold out the take rate on those are also small (too bad as I see it as a big achievement for the company).

Considering the Sapphire does not appear to have sold out the take rate on those are also small (too bad as I see it as a big achievement for the company).
The Sapphire isn't a limited run car. It's the brand's performance arm like M to BMW. There will likely be a Sapphire variant of each model they produce, or so they said when they first announced Sapphire.

I think the Sapphire was merely an exercise in “oneupsmanship” for the Tesla Plaid and well…everything! 😁 But unsurprising that it’s not a volume seller.

Back