2024 AGT Charging Curve

Smitzer

Cars
Has anyone seen charging curves for the 2024 AGT? I’ve searched online and in this forum, and haven’t located anything.

Car has not been released as far as I know, but I would suspect it to match the Dream editions, Sapphires, and GT-P at least.

Out of Spec would likely be the first channel when cars start shipping for the 24 model year. They are pretty quick on covering updates in that area for cars.

I get my 2024 GT on Monday, and take it on a road trip the following day. To the degree I can, I will try and capture charging curves and consumption. But OOS will certainly be more thorough.

Here is the charging curve of the GT-P for reference and captured in a thread related to an update:

Key: State of Charge, Charging Rate
6-10 : 320 (Step-up from 180 over a few seconds)
10-15 : 320, 300
15-20 : 300, 290
20-25 : 290, 270
25-30 : 270, 250
30-35 : 250, 225
35-40 : 225, 195
40-45 : 195, 170
45-50 : 170, 155
50-55 : 155, 150
55-60 : 150, 155
60-72 : 155, 150
90-91 : 65, 55
91-93 : 55, 50
93+ : Slow Speeds

31 minutes for 5-80%. ~10 minutes for 80-90%. I think it is something like 30 minutes for the last 10%. Don't quote me. All I know is that it takes forever that last 20% overall.

1-2% to 5% is basically the car rapidly stepping up to 320kwh. I know it isn't included in the above, but that has been my general experience.

Please let us know what the new 24 GT does. I am very curious. Don't get stranded trying to get the car really low for tests of charging speeds.

My suspicion is that the heat pump would keep the heat saturation down better than my GT-P when temps are 100+ on the asphalt. I saw significant throttling by the car (didn't say it was the charging station) just last week as low as 55% State of Charge with the above rates reduced to only high 80s kWh.

Thanks!

This site show’s very similar curves for an AGT and a Sapphire, but doesn’t state the year for the AGT, and states a smaller battery for the AGT than the Sapphire.

Sapphire

Air Grand Touring

Thanks!

This site show’s very similar curves for an AGT and a Sapphire, but doesn’t state the year for the AGT, and states a smaller battery for the AGT than the Sapphire.

Sapphire

Air Grand Touring
Those are the EXACT same charging curves. I don’t buy it. This same website made a fake Gravity charging curve in the past as well, and I wouldn’t trust them.

Thanks!

Sapphire

Air Grand Touring
I read a rumor somewhere that the new GT actually has the same battery size as the Sapphire/Dream @ 118Kwh rather than the previous 112kwh in order to maintain the same range with stricter EPA guidelines. Not sure the truth to that.

In any case, when I take my road trip on Tuesday it will be with a brand new 2024 GT and should result in me charging at a reasonably low state of charge on a 350kw charger, so I should hopefully be able to capture some preliminary numbers to at least perhaps 80%.

I read a rumor somewhere that the new GT actually has the same battery size as the Sapphire/Dream @ 118Kwh rather than the previous 112kwh in order to maintain the same range with stricter EPA guidelines. Not sure the truth to that.

In any case, when I take my road trip on Tuesday it will be with a brand new 2024 GT and should result in me charging at a reasonably low state of charge on a 350kw charger, so I should hopefully be able to capture some preliminary numbers to at least perhaps 80%.
Awesome. Can’t wait to see it. I’m thinking about acquiring a new AGT in late August, and would love to know what the enhancements are like.

Has anyone seen charging curves for the 2024 AGT? I’ve searched online and in this forum, and haven’t located anything.

Back