2022 or 2023?

CarmanG

Cars
Mercedes EQS 580
DE Number
Has anyone heard when Lucid will start calling their cars 2023? Many manufacturers swap over by September. Will Lucid go until year end or swap over soon? With all the delivery delays makes you wonder what year model you will get?

Probably due to eventual resale value. One week someone owns a 2022 and the next week someone else owns a 2023. Three years from now one has depreciated more but is only one week older.

Probably due to eventual resale value. One week someone owns a 2022 and the next week someone else owns a 2023. Three years from now one has depreciated more but is only one week older.
Thats my concern too. Lots of resale value and marketability can be tied up just in the model year.

Thats my concern too. Lots of resale value and marketability can be tied up just in the model year.
I asked my da that question so take this with a grain of salt. He said the turnover will be at year end January 1 will Mark 2023 model year

I asked my da that question so take this with a grain of salt. He said the turnover will be at year end January 1 will Mark 2023 model year
Resale vale for a ‘23 vs $7500 tax credit for a ‘22 :)

And those feed into things like (yearly) personal property tax amounts when the tax is based upon the current model value... so there are cases to be made both for wanting the model year to change sooner and later...

Back