2(+) Lucid Owners

AbhinavAir

Verified Owner
Cars
'23 Air Pure (x2)
Hi All, we leased a 2023 white Pure AWD for the wife in Sept 2023 and with the current deals on the existing 2023 inventory, I decided to pull the trigger and get myself a 2023 black Pure AWD as well. Fingers crossed, I get delivery in the next couple of days. This got me thinking how many members here have more than 1 Lucid and what their motivation for getting the second car was.

For members with 2 Lucids - have you faced any setup issues in the app? How do you manage the profiles and setup across multiple vehicles?

I will share a pic of my garage with both cars as soon as I get delivery, feel free to do the same!

Love the car and brand so far, and love the community here!

Hi All, we leased a 2023 white Pure AWD for the wife in Sept 2023 and with the current deals on the existing 2023 inventory, I decided to pull the trigger and get myself a 2023 black Pure AWD as well. Fingers crossed, I get delivery in the next couple of days. This got me thinking how many members here have more than 1 Lucid and what their motivation for getting the second car was.

For members with 2 Lucids - have you faced any setup issues in the app? How do you manage the profiles and setup across multiple vehicles?

I will share a pic of my garage with both cars as soon as I get delivery, feel free to do the same!

You can switch back and forth between the 2 cars, even if they are in one account.

We have two. Here are my observations and thoughts:

Lucid could do a better job of managing the way the mobile key works when more than one car is in the app. You have to select which car you want the phone to interact with.
IMG_5174.png

If you don’t select the “other” car, you’ll sit there and wait.

Second thing is we built them under one Lucid account. So, I share the login credentials with Ms. TakeDuo. Also not ideal because it will always say you (or your spouse) is the primary on the account. Could have been avoided with two separate Lucid accounts, but that seemed silly and more cumbersome to switch accounts for mobile key access.

Finally, and maybe the hardest to fix. The car will begin the profile change for the phone that gets closest to the car first. So, for instance, we go out to dinner. As we return back to the car, the person who is going to drive has to do a little quicker walk slightly ahead of the other person. That or remember to pre-unlock the car before you get close. This is obviously only a problem if you rely on mobile keys since we both carry them.

Otherwise, it has been great having two! People who infrequently see me ask me if the car has color shifting paint. “Wasn’t this thing black last time a saw you?” 🤦🏻‍♂️

We have two. Here are my observations and thoughts:

Lucid could do a better job of managing the way the mobile key works when more than one car is in the app. You have to select which car you want the phone to interact with.
View attachment 19665
If you don’t select the “other” car, you’ll sit there and wait.

Second thing is we built them under one Lucid account. So, I share the login credentials with Ms. TakeDuo. Also not ideal because it will always say you (or your spouse) is the primary on the account. Could have been avoided with two separate Lucid accounts, but that seemed silly and more cumbersome to switch accounts for mobile key access.

Finally, and maybe the hardest to fix. The car will begin the profile change for the phone that gets closest to the car first. So, for instance, we go out to dinner. As we return back to the car, the person who is going to drive has to do a little quicker walk slightly ahead of the other person. That or remember to pre-unlock the car before you get close. This is obviously only a problem if you rely on mobile keys since we both carry them.

Otherwise, it has been great having two! People who infrequently see me ask me if the car has color shifting paint. “Wasn’t this thing black last time a saw you?” 🤦🏻‍♂️

Is one "yours" and one "hers"? Or do you just take whichever color you feel like that morning? 🤣

The race in our house would be to take the cleanest car. Everyone knows that washing a car adds at least 10 horsepower to it . . . and a wax and detailing adds another 50.

The race in our house would be to take the cleanest car. Everyone knows that washing a car adds at least 10 horsepower to it . . . and a wax and detailing adds another 50.
I get a strange sense of Zen hand washing my cars now. Definitely a new thing for me since getting the Lucid. But it’s a great way to get out of my head for a bit. And the reward of a car with more horsepower afterward is just icing on the cake. 🎂 😊

Or an assortment of stickers and stripes.. VTEC kicked in, yo!

@TakeDuo's description is very good !

I also have two. Always in Sprint mode. (Pure and GT)
Sometimes they drive me crazy ! When I forget switch the cars in the app. then ....
I love them ! It's been a long time since I've been so amazed by a car and for this community.
I rarely use the key fob. Mobile key works great for me.
In my opinion, (I think I've done every possible test) when possible, that it's better to have their own Lucid account (and different cell phones).
If you need help, I'm here.

@TakeDuo's description is very good !

I also have two. Always in Sprint mode. (Pure and GT)
Sometimes they drive me crazy ! When I forget switch the cars in the app. then ....
I love them ! It's been a long time since I've been so amazed by a car and for this community.
I rarely use the key fob. Mobile key works great for me.
In my opinion, (I think I've done every possible test) when possible, that it's better to have their own Lucid account (and different cell phones).
If you need help, I'm here.
Thanks so much! I am picking the car up today, I currently have them setup under the same account but may ask to create 2 separate accounts on separate phones.

I can only hope with Gravity coming soon Lucid is planning on a better solution for multi-Lucid families.

Another observation today…. You get notifications for both vehicles. No matter which car you have selected in the app. For instance, I was driving a moment ago and received a notification from the other car that the battery was low (image… Ms TakeDuo running the battery low - shocking!).

Perhaps the app should have an option to get push notifications per vehicle rather than Lucid account?

Another observation today…. You get notifications for both vehicles. No matter which car you have selected in the app. For instance, I was driving a moment ago and received a notification from the other car that the battery was low (image… Ms TakeDuo running the battery low - shocking!).

Perhaps the app should have an option to get push notifications per vehicle rather than Lucid account?
Nice knowing you friend.

So out of all the people on the forum who might have Mrs. Takeduo’s number to text her this post, what’s your plan? I’m not saying blackmail. But blackmail.

Back