• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

2.0.15 - The MOAU - Mother Of All Updates

Just FYI, the exact same thing happened to me. It took about a week, a couple of emails to customer service, and they pushed another .15 update that completed and works fine. The partial update made a lot of stuff stop working but the car was still drivable. I got the impression that it was a little bit more involved than just repushing the same update. But they never really told me that. Bottom line is that it took about a week before it was fixed. That was Monday, and I have not received any updates since.
Interesting. Yeah, they’re certainly making it seem like it’s not as simple as just re-sending the old version. They asked me to do the hard reset with the valet key to clear the warnings but it didn’t help.

2.0.24 I am still seeing issues with Tidal. When I get in the car:
-Sometimes it picks up where it left off (which is great)
-Sometimes it doesn’t start at all
-Sometimes it starts, and I think it’s on a roll, then it stops, and it is difficult to get it to start again.

-Sometimes it starts, and I think it’s on a roll, then it stops, and it is difficult to get it to start again.
Same issue with Alexa and Amazon Music.

Is anyone else seeing latency on the rear camera? The image has a slow frame rate and can be a few seconds behind. I noticed on 2.0.18. I will see if 2.0.24 fixes it.

It is actually pretty dangerous.

It will pause for a while when swapping from wifi to cellular as you leave your house.

Hmmm…24 just dropped in my Lucid app. It seems to be the most problematic of updates so far, creating new problems even as it fixes old ones.

I really don’t want to download 24, seems to be begging for trouble.

It will pause for a while when swapping from wifi to cellular as you leave your house.
Yea, I think is beyond that though. I have a pause in my MS for that reason. If it is the network switching, they need to improve the latency, because I am several miles from my house when I finally get it to work again. Also, I’ve had the issue when I come out of a grocery store, when it is on cellular already.

Last edited:
Is anyone else seeing latency on the rear camera? The image has a slow frame rate and can be a few seconds behind. I noticed on 2.0.18. I will see if 2.0.24 fixes it.

It is actually pretty dangerous.
Yes I was, Sometimes backup camera wouldn’t load half the time or would load very slow. But then I did a valet card shut down and left the car for a few hours and now the cameras come on perfectly, are quick and back to high resolution with no frame drops. Turn signal reboot (aka just lock the door with fob) did not help but valet card fixed it.

I just load 2.0.24. I have been having a lot of bugs during this series of updates, most are intermittent and have reset. Last night the headlights would not turn on, auto, or on. Music has become inoperative multiple times. After wanting more info on how many kWh the car was using, now we have less. I'm waiting out this series of updates to see where we land, but I was hoping to see a more dramatic update to the UI. Moving buttons on the right cockpit screen to the left, does make them easier to reach, but IMO, the layout now looks worse, between lag and switching between cockpit and pilot panel, music is still awful as a car interface, requires too many layers and too much attention. Having the cockpit screen with more favorites / shortcuts that the user could choose would go a long way. I'm going to wait out this series of updates. As others have pointed out, each update seems to create a new bugs. After 2.024 I got home and was talking to a neighbor standing in my driveway about 10-12 feet from the car. The car was locking / unlocking about every 20-30 seconds. So annoying.

I just load 2.0.24. I have been having a lot of bugs during this series of updates, most are intermittent and have reset. Last night the headlights would not turn on, auto, or on. Music has become inoperative multiple times. After wanting more info on how many kWh the car was using, now we have less. I'm waiting out this series of updates to see where we land, but I was hoping to see a more dramatic update to the UI. Moving buttons on the right cockpit screen to the left, does make them easier to reach, but IMO, the layout now looks worse, between lag and switching between cockpit and pilot panel, music is still awful as a car interface, requires too many layers and too much attention. Having the cockpit screen with more favorites / shortcuts that the user could choose would go a long way. I'm going to wait out this series of updates. As others have pointed out, each update seems to create a new bugs. After 2.024 I got home and was talking to a neighbor standing in my driveway about 10-12 feet from the car. The car was locking / unlocking about every 20-30 seconds. So annoying.
On the last point, are you using the fob or mobile key? I keep the fob in a faraday pouch for Valet parking and use the mobile key exclusively. That way I can flip the Bluetooth off when I don’t want the car to unlock inadvertently. I guess the nice thing is we have options, and can chose the one that works best for us. I’m sorry you have been having so many issues with the updates. I agree with your comments, although I haven’t had the problem with headlights.

Have you done a real Valet card reboot since the last update? Like Valet card lock the car then leave it along for a couple hours with no fob or phone nearby? I did and it fixed 100% of the glitches I was having with camera, music and navigation. My cameras were crazy messed up but now they come on super quick, and are high resolution and not laggy. I’m thinking it’s a good idea to do a Valet card shut down BEFORE each new update, as that way you’re updating the car with a clean slate rather than piles of errors still sitting there in the memory. And the locking/unlocking thing is going to happen because now the mobile key and fob work as intended, as a proximity unlock. It was kind of funny at the New England meet up seeing everyone’s cars lighting up and lights going off as we were standing around checking out each other’s cars. It’s funny now the mobile key finally works right and people are annoyed about it 🤣

Have you done a real Valet card reboot since the last update? Like Valet card lock the car then leave it along for a couple hours with no fob or phone nearby? I did and it fixed 100% of the glitches I was having with camera, music and navigation. My cameras were crazy messed up but now they come on super quick, and are high resolution and not laggy. I’m thinking it’s a good idea to do a Valet card shut down BEFORE each new update, as that way you’re updating the car with a clean slate rather than piles of errors still sitting there in the memory. And the locking/unlocking thing is going to happen because now the mobile key and fob work as intended, as a proximity unlock. It was kind of funny at the New England meet up seeing everyone’s cars lighting up and lights going off as we were standing around checking out each other’s cars. It’s funny now the mobile key finally works right and people are annoyed about it 🤣
I reboot after each update too, but use the left turn signal. I have also found it clears out weird stuff that can happen. Are you saying that using the Valet card is a harder reboot than using the turn signal? One thing I have noticed, from .15 on, the left turn signal reboot takes a lot longer than it did in prior releases.

I reboot after each update too, but use the left turn signal. I have also found it clears out weird stuff that can happen. Are you saying that using the Valet card is a harder reboot than using the turn signal? One thing I have noticed, from .15 on, the left turn signal reboot takes a lot longer than it did in prior releases.
The turn signal only tells you that the car shut off by going off, it doesn’t reboot the car. It’s more of a soft shutdown. Holding the valet card next to the B pillar above the camera for a second then removing it as soon as the car locks, then walking away will shut the vehicle down and seems to clear the memory or cache or something I guess. It kind of makes sense. Whenever you install a software update on your phone or computer it powers down first. It doesn’t appear that the Lucid shuts off for real before it does the update.

I wouldn’t call that right. My other cars with proximity unlock, unlock as I am reaching for a door handle or trunk latch, they lock when I take one step away and never have I had one repeatedly lock unlock when I am stationary 12 feet from the car. I don’t think a Honda Civic is an over reaching benchmark for Lucid Air. Especially for a function that is required every time you use the car.

On the last point, are you using the fob or mobile key? I keep the fob in a faraday pouch for Valet parking and use the mobile key exclusively. That way I can flip the Bluetooth off when I don’t want the car to unlock inadvertently. I guess the nice thing is we have options, and can chose the one that works best for us. I’m sorry you have been having so many issues with the updates. I agree with your comments, although I haven’t had the problem with headlights.
I have been using the fob as it has been more consistent than using an iPhone.

I have been using the fob as it has been more consistent than using an iPhone.
Until the fob battery runs down without warning! Now, I carry the fob and have my phone setup as a key plus the key card in my wallet. :cool:

I successfully.I Installed 2.0.15 this morning only to discover that my ChargePoint home charger no longer appears to be recognized by the vehicle. Any thoughts as to how to overcome this glitch? I have rebooted the ChargePoint device through the ChargePoint app, turned it off and on at the breaker box, rebooted the AGT, plugged/unplugged the charging cable …. All to no avail. Would appreciate any thoughts/suggestions. Thanks.

Back