borski

Grand Magistrate; Referral Code - Q1BTN5Y3
Verified Owner
Cars
Air DE-P, ZR, 21"
DE Number
Referral Code
Q1BTN5Y3
Can someone who has done it take a quick video of where exactly one would jump the 12v battery? I know it’s behind the rear passenger wheel well, but how far? What do the cables look like?

Can someone make a sticky thread with photos and/or video to benefit everyone to whom this might happen? :)

This was from @Empty Nest

1662417994448.jpeg

This is the only one I have when my car got jumped

1662418146793.jpeg

Can someone who has done it take a quick video of where exactly one would jump the 12v battery? I know it’s behind the rear passenger wheel well, but how far? What do the cables look like?

Can someone make a sticky thread with photos and/or video to benefit everyone to whom this might happen? :)
The best picture I have seen was posted by @RyeLucid. It is attached.

Attachments

• 48B6689E-F382-4C64-9EFF-DF35B10B5705.png
    48B6689E-F382-4C64-9EFF-DF35B10B5705.png
    5.7 MB · Views: 261
Are the wires “hot”? That is, if you touch the ring connector of the red one, do you run the risk of electrocution?
It seems to be a pigtail with black and red leads directly from one of the 12V batteries. Treat them as you would any pigtail connected to a 12V.

The best picture I have seen was posted by @RyeLucid. It is attached.
That picture is great as it answered my "where was that pigtail attached" as I knew it could not be allowed to just bounce around in the wheel well. Note the positive (+) wire you need to get to may not be red, in my pic you can see it just has a piece of red shrink wrap on it. you may not need to get to the negative (-) side as any well grounded unpainted metal should do, but not being absolutely sure of Lucid's ground system it may be a good idea, however in my case it appears the ground (-) side is still in the wheel well. There is no real risk of electrocution from 12V, but using care is always a good idea.

That placement of positive and negative exposed pigtails looks kind of sketchy to me.

Hmmm. As one waiting for his GT, I find it interesting that apparently no thought was given by Lucid to accessible jumpstarting the AGMs since they are integral to the vehicle's operation. I've had multiple times where I've had to jumpstart my vehicle or someone else's car. While certainly not life threatening, to avoid unpleasant surprises it's always helpful to remember: Red connection first, black second. Reverse order when disconnecting.

Maybe someone from the service team can explain an easier way.

Back