1.5 years into ownership and I think I regret my purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaaSManKS

Verified Owner
Cars
Air Pure
it's still such a beautiful car! The looks and ascetics are so amazing, it drives and handles the same! Lots of positives around the core functionalities of this automobile.

Few annoyances:

DDP is basically undeveloped, not that I really wanted it, but in order for me to take delivery in 12/2023 I had to have it, so that is what it is.

The stereo (or lack of) is a bigger negative than DDP. I love my music, and the low end in this car is nonexistent. We just got my wife an XC90, and it has much more of a kick I can appreciate!

The Reverse charging to home which I was told is being aggressively worked on for a Q1 '24 release never happened, I put off buying a generator and don't know what to do there...

Big problem:
But I would say the biggest issue is the service. I recently moved from KS and had just the best team I worked with; Josh Hanberry and Chewy were always amazing and gave it to me straight. Now that we relocated I am dealing with the King of Prussia SC. When I bought the car, I asked a ton of questions about how it would get serviced, what I would do if it needed a repair and I was told everythign would be fine, Lucid was going to handle everything with their mobile techs, and for the 10% of stuff they couldn't do, LUCID, would bring the car in and give me a loner/make sure I had a car. I mean, like a lot of folks here, I've owned a variety of cars, and I've never had an issue with service or a loaner etc. But when they had to replace my charger port, the door does not sit flush with the car at all. It protrudes out from the bottom noticeably, and I've had a persistent draft inside my car that I kept mentioning to my mobile tech and until I did my own testing to figure out it was coming from the drivers door B pillar, he almost seemed to know exactly what I was referring to and said he would take care of it on his next trip back to my area (that was months ago).

Further to that, I cannot believe I have a 1.5 year old, $100K car, and the service team is refusing to help me with a car while it's in their shop for a week+. This is a pretty basic thing IMO that any dealer model offers to customers, except Lucid. I even said I know that sometimes you are short on cars so if you prefer to go through Enterprise or even reschedule my service date around a loner car I'm happy to do that, but Dana and Richard Hudak at the King of Prussia, PA service center were unwilling to be helpful to me and my family of four kids. When I was going through the delivery process I specifically asked Felipe Luisi about how all this was handled and I was assured that everything would be fine, I would have a car because they wanted to offer the best customer experience. Well, here I am, after buying a early adoption car above $100K that is now worth $40K less brand new with more features, but hey, lets chalk that up to the crazy market conditions. But as for the support, I just can't believe this is the experience they are projecting...I used to think there was no way they would go under but if this is the type of stuff they are doing to cut costs it's not sustainable and it won't create loyalty.

My only real recourse (since I can't sell it) is to let potential buyers know that if there car has to go in for service sometimes the service center will tell them they are on their own for a week or whatever, I can assure you had I known that I would have made a different decision and I'm sure others would have too.

I completely understand your frustration. Having owned my GT for 2 years, I unfortunately feel similar. The car drives beautifully but mine is now in for the 14th service in the past 2 years. While I expected some issues as an early adopter, I feel this is excessive . Communication with service centers has been very poor except for one visit early on when car was serviced in Natick. Currently car is also at KOP waiting for parts. Given my experience, I can not recommend to purchase this car. I am unfortunately looking into getting something else and will probably go back to an ICE given no other EV fits my criteria.

Maybe it's a KOP issue? My car was just in for service at Beverly Hills (2 yr service, a few small items to fix and HV battery replacement) and it was seamless. I live 3+ hours away and they arranged for a tow to bring the car to BH (and back). We had originally scheduled the service for when I was out of town, but the HV battery added time to the repair,.so they arranged a rental from my local Enterprise, which was also seamless. I got text updates from service every few days too. Thankfully, my car has been pretty solid for an April 2022 build compared to others, but I've been pleased overall with the level of service this far. Sorry for your poor service experience.

Definitely feel there is difference between NY/NJ area service vs West Coast from what I hear. Also, just depends on quality of build of car.

For both of you, would having excellent service make up for some other shortcomings if we remove the King of Prussia service station from the equation?

A common thinking trap we often fall into is assuming that the person standing in front of us or on the other end of the call represents the values of the entire organization. The King of Prussia service center has been mentioned numerous times here over the past two years, but they simply do not reflect the core values of Lucid.

I have been very fortunate in my service experiences. Granted, that does play a positive role in my overall perception of the company. Furthermore, and perhaps more importantly, I have had the opportunity to meet and talk with Peter multiple times, as well as many other VPs and executives. They ALL collectively exude such admiration and enthusiasm for this car, the company, and its buyers. It takes time for that to manifest and trickle down to a customer service representative in Philly.

I'm not giving them a pass by any means. I’ve been very critical myself. On UX 1.x, as you both experienced, I have had scary moments, like when all the screens shut off while driving 80+ mph through 12 lanes of traffic in DTLA and the car became unresponsive. I’ve also had embarrassing moments, like bragging about the car only for none of my keys to work when trying to show it off to someone, just staring at an unlockable car totally furious.

Yelling into the empty, cavernous space of the LOF is a small start. Have either of you reached out to Lucid's customer service teams directly? Have you paged/DM’d any of the Lucid-verified employees here like @mcr16 or forum moderators like @hydbob, @Bobby, or @joec about the experiences at King of Prussia?

I’ll quote @Bobby for future, perspective buyers and internet trolls reading this site. Buy the car you want with the features that are available shipped on the car today.

For both of you, would having excellent service make up for some other shortcomings if we remove the King of Prussia service station from the equation?

A common thinking trap we often fall into is assuming that the person standing in front of us or on the other end of the call represents the values of the entire organization. The King of Prussia service center has been mentioned numerous times here over the past two years, but they simply do not reflect the core values of Lucid.

I have been very fortunate in my service experiences. Granted, that does play a positive role in my overall perception of the company. Furthermore, and perhaps more importantly, I have had the opportunity to meet and talk with Peter multiple times, as well as many other VPs and executives. They ALL collectively exude such admiration and enthusiasm for this car, the company, and its buyers. It takes time for that to manifest and trickle down to a customer service representative in Philly.

I'm not giving them a pass by any means. I’ve been very critical myself. On UX 1.x, as you both experienced, I have had scary moments, like when all the screens shut off while driving 80+ mph through 12 lanes of traffic in DTLA and the car became unresponsive. I’ve also had embarrassing moments, like bragging about the car only for none of my keys to work when trying to show it off to someone, just staring at an unlockable car totally furious.

Yelling into the empty, cavernous space of the LOF is a small start. Have either of you reached out to Lucid's customer service teams directly? Have you paged/DM’d any of the Lucid-verified employees here like @mcr16 or forum moderators like @hydbob, @Bobby, or @joec about the experiences at King of Prussia?

I’ll quote @Bobby for future, perspective buyers and internet trolls reading this site. Buy the car you want with the features that are available shipped on the car today.
Agreed. It might also be worth letting Zak Edson know, who is the VP of Sales and Service. He has been very engaging the few times I've met him in person and responded quickly the one time I emailed him.

it's still such a beautiful car! The looks and ascetics are so amazing, it drives and handles the same! Lots of positives around the core functionalities of this automobile.

Few annoyances:
DDP is basically undeveloped, not that I really wanted it, but in order for me to take delivery in 12/2023 I had to have it, so that is what it is.

The stereo (or lack of) is a bigger negative than DDP. I love my music, and the low end in this car is nonexistent. We just got my wife an XC90, and it has much more of a kick I can appreciate!

The Reverse charging to home which I was told is being aggressively worked on for a Q1 '24 release never happened, I put off buying a generator and don't know what to do there...

Big problem:
But I would say the biggest issue is the service. I recently moved from KS and had just the best team I worked with; Josh Hanberry and Chewy were always amazing and gave it to me straight. Now that we relocated I am dealing with the King of Prussia SC. When I bought the car, I asked a ton of questions about how it would get serviced, what I would do if it needed a repair and I was told everythign would be fine, Lucid was going to handle everything with their mobile techs, and for the 10% of stuff they couldn't do, LUCID, would bring the car in and give me a loner/make sure I had a car. I mean, like a lot of folks here, I've owned a variety of cars, and I've never had an issue with service or a loaner etc. But when they had to replace my charger port, the door does not sit flush with the car at all. It protrudes out from the bottom noticeably, and I've had a persistent draft inside my car that I kept mentioning to my mobile tech and until I did my own testing to figure out it was coming from the drivers door B pillar, he almost seemed to know exactly what I was referring to and said he would take care of it on his next trip back to my area (that was months ago).

Further to that, I cannot believe I have a 1.5 year old, $100K car, and the service team is refusing to help me with a car while it's in their shop for a week+. This is a pretty basic thing IMO that any dealer model offers to customers, except Lucid. I even said I know that sometimes you are short on cars so if you prefer to go through Enterprise or even reschedule my service date around a loner car I'm happy to do that, but Dana and Richard Hudak at the King of Prussia, PA service center were unwilling to be helpful to me and my family of four kids. When I was going through the delivery process I specifically asked Felipe Luisi about how all this was handled and I was assured that everything would be fine, I would have a car because they wanted to offer the best customer experience. Well, here I am, after buying a early adoption car above $100K that is now worth $40K less brand new with more features, but hey, lets chalk that up to the crazy market conditions. But as for the support, I just can't believe this is the experience they are projecting...I used to think there was no way they would go under but if this is the type of stuff they are doing to cut costs it's not sustainable and it won't create loyalty.

My only real recourse (since I can't sell it) is to let potential buyers know that if there car has to go in for service sometimes the service center will tell them they are on their own for a week or whatever, I can assure you had I known that I would have made a different decision and I'm sure others would have too.
Hi, @SaaSManKS. Would you mind direct-messaging me your contact info?

I have relayed my concerns with Marqie twice. I have kept most of my issues and our communications private so not to feed more to the internet trolls. As far as I know, KOP has only been open a couple months. Previously my service was performed at Plainview which was even worse. Prior to that I had mobile techs which were able to fix some issues but not all requiring car to be transported numerous times. I am not suggesting my experience is the norm as I’ve had multiple service issues with my car. Too many for a car that is 2 years old. This is my daily driver and I can’t have a car this unreliable or needing this much service, especially when coordinating the service and communication is so difficult.

I certainly don't blame you for feeling this way. As an early Tesla adopter a decade ago, Tesla service wasn't much better. Doesn't make it any easier to deal with, but I think its part of the growing pains. If there's any silver lining, its that this kind of thing is a management/personnel issue, and not an engineering one. Keep being the squeaky wheel, and hopefully they right the wrongs and get you a loaner.

Few annoyances:

Big problem:

I DO have an excellent track record with KOP. What is specifically (be precise and honest) that they are refusing to do for you?

I find Lucid's service exemplary. The crew at Goose Island in Chicago is really helpful and on the ball. They've twice sent out the mobile service van, as I live 150 miles away. Once they took the car in and loaned my a GT.

I'm having the opposite experience with my Lucid. I really wanted to sell it last fall, but lately I'm becoming increasing pleased with it. I don't care about DreamDrive Pro. All I care about is Anrdoid Auto, but that is not a make or break issue with this car. I'll be keeping my Air Touring for quite awhile.

...The Reverse charging to home which I was told is being aggressively worked on for a Q1 '24 release never happened, I put off buying a generator and don't know what to do there...
Sorry you've had so many problems with your car. Mine hasn't been bad, knock on wood, only took it in for yearly service and had them fix a few minor issues at that time.

Here's what I did in place of continuing to hold my breath for Lucid's V2H. For the price of a midrange German luxury car, you can do the same:
Enphase batteries with covers.jpg

Attachments

• Solar back yard.jpg
    Solar back yard.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 75
  • Enphase snapshot 2.png
    Enphase snapshot 2.png
    72.7 KB · Views: 79
I DO have an excellent track record with KOP. What is specifically (be precise and honest) that they are refusing to do for you?
I'm rereading your post.
"but Dana and Richard Hudak at the King of Prussia, PA service center were unwilling to be helpful to me and my family of four kids."
Please tell us their specific refusal quote.

KOP had my car for 10 days total 7 of those days was waiting for a part. Other than that, KOP service was great! Sorry to hear you're having trouble.

I find Lucid's service exemplary. The crew at Goose Island in Chicago is really helpful and on the ball. They've twice sent out the mobile service van, as I live 150 miles away. Once they took the car in and loaned my a GT.

I'm having the opposite experience with my Lucid. I really wanted to sell it last fall, but lately I'm becoming increasing pleased with it. I don't care about DreamDrive Pro. All I care about is Anrdoid Auto, but that is not a make or break issue with this car. I'll be keeping my Air Touring for quite awhile.
+1 the Goose Island SC has done a phenomenal job over my 1.5 years of ownership.

like I said I had an extremely positive experience with the SC in Houston, TX. But I wasn't sure if the KOP SC was an outlier or taking directives from above, seems like from the posts above it might be this particular SC. But considering I don't see us relocating again for the next ~7 years or so, they are my only option

. . . the service team is refusing to help me with a car while it's in their shop for a week+. This is a pretty basic thing IMO that any dealer model offers to customers, except Lucid.

This is not my experience at all when dealing with either the West Palm Beach or the Miami Lucid Service Centers.

When we went to the West Palm Service Center for the annual maintenance check we were put in a brand new (under 100 miles) Grand Touring loaner for the few hours they needed to service our car. We made an afternoon of it, going out to lunch and touring up and down A1A along the beaches. When Lucid has trucked our car across state for service that could not be performed by a mobile tech, they have offered to bring over a loaner every time. We usually refuse, as we have two other vehicles and only two drivers in the household. The only time we accepted the loaner -- another Grand Touring -- was when the car was in the shop over a week for the HV battery replacement. And I only accepted it then because I could not bear the thought of not having a Lucid to drive for over a week. I love driving and have simply ceased to enjoy other cars since owning this Lucid.

If a Service Center is refusing to give you any assistance with alternate transportation -- even if it means only getting an Enterprise car brought to the Center for you -- I really think Zak Edson, the VP of Sales & Service, needs to hear about it.

I’m in the same boat. Love the car, when everything is working; however, communication for service has been a mixed bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back