1.2.17?

Where is my version 1.2.11?

What happened to version 1.2.12, 1.2.13, 1.2.14, 1.2.15 and 1.2.16 skip? Usually big leap means bigger change. Mmmmmm 🤔

Where is my version 1.2.11?

What happened to version 1.2.12, 1.2.13, 1.2.14, 1.2.15 and 1.2.16 skip? Usually big leap means bigger change. Mmmmmm 🤔
Nah, these are patch changes. The "missing versions" happens when they test releases internally and decide not to release them to customers quite yet due to a bug, missing feature, or whatever else.

My guess:
A "patch" release is 1.2.x.
A "minor" release would be 1.3.x.
A "major" release would be 2.0.x (or 2.1.x, depending).

Tesla has provided major releases of their software yearly, just like other hardware/software companies like apple and google. Lucid is fast approaching the one year mark since first deliveries and is only on version 1.2…. Truly expecting 2.0 this fall.

I am in the camp with people frustrated with the sapphire release. Any engineering time and talent developing an unnecessary supercar is wasted in my mind, given the extreme challenges they are facing producing the current one model.

Tesla has provided major releases of their software yearly, just like other hardware/software companies like apple and google. Lucid is fast approaching the one year mark since first deliveries and is only on version 1.2…. Truly expecting 2.0 this fall.

I am in the camp with people frustrated with the sapphire release. Any engineering time and talent developing an unnecessary supercar is wasted in my mind, given the extreme challenges they are facing producing the current one model.
So far, the software UI engineering effort for Sapphire has amounted to adding a new logo and tinting everything blue. I wouldn't consider it much of a distraction.

So far, the software UI engineering effort for Sapphire has amounted to adding a new logo and tinting everything blue. I wouldn't consider it much of a distraction.
Screenshot_20220831-114637.png

Def updating robustness. Obviously 😆
You again??? 🤣 🤣 🤣
I only just finished updating 1.2.11 haven’t even gotten chance to take her for a spin yet. Thunderstorm is outside…. 🌧 ⛈🌩 ⛈ 🌧

I have continued to experience screen freezes and/or blackouts through every OTA update in the eight months I've had the car. I'm not really expecting another update or two of this or that feature to change things when such fundamental problems have remained unaddressed.

I have continued to experience screen freezes and/or blackouts through every OTA update in the eight months I've had the car. I'm not really expecting another update or two of this or that feature to change things when such fundamental problems have remained unaddressed.
Yeah, my suspicion and hope is that a lot of this is going to change with the upcoming 2.0 release. But yeah, I had to reboot the car three times today on a trip to Napa. That sucked, heh.

Hard to be mad when it drives so damn well, and given that I know the software will improve, but I'm really banking on that 2.0 rewrite.

Yeah, my suspicion and hope is that a lot of this is going to change with the upcoming 2.0 release. But yeah, I had to reboot the car three times today on a trip to Napa. That sucked, heh.

Hard to be mad when it drives so damn well, and given that I know the software will improve, but I'm really banking on that 2.0 rewrite.

Wow, that's even more times than I've had to reboot the car in a single day (except one of the days on our road trip to North Carolina, come to think of it). Have you already downloaded 1.2.10 or 11? It seems people who have not been reporting software problems have started encountering them after those downloads.

My partner is on a three-day tour around Florida with his family from Poland right now. He took our Honda minivan because the back seat of our Tesla is too cramped for adults on such a trip. I expressed regret that the Lucid was in the shop. He responded that he would not have taken it, anyway, as he did not want to fool with all the software problems and reboots.

Boy, there is going to be some serious pressure on the software engineers and Lucid, in general, to make sure a 2.0 release really fixes some things and that they are noticeable fixes. I only hope that 2.0 is a big step forward without taking any steps backwards.

Boy, there is going to be some serious pressure on the software engineers and Lucid, in general, to make sure a 2.0 release really fixes some things and that they are noticeable fixes. I only hope that 2.0 is a big step forward without taking any steps backwards.

If Lucid cannot get this software platform stable (i. e., no recurrent screen freezes and blackouts and no need to reboot the car constantly), then no amount of fixing discrete features such as voice command, door opening functions, or Nav system flukes is going to matter.

This car will have been on the market for a year at the end of next month. We can wait for Dream Drive Pro, auto-dimming headlights, predictable responses to voice commands, and other such features. But time is running out to stabilize the platform itself if Lucid doesn't want to go down in flames over these software issues. No amounts of new motors, faster track times, or new models will save them.

Last edited:
Back