“Sleep”… “Waking up” with 1.2.1

Mountain Man

Cars
Lucid Air Dream P
The last few days have been extremely frustrating trying to “wake” or unlock the car. Probably because I intentionally stopped planning ahead just to see how it works if I treat it like a normal car. The car is virtually always “asleep”, so the car takes inordinately long to respond. It is mostly with the mobile key (phone), but I’m noticing now (thanks a lot guys) that there is a 4-5 second delay even when unlocking by double-clicking the fob. And the proximity function (ie it’s supposed to unlock when I approach with the key in my pocket, right?) suddenly doesn’t work with either the mobile key or the clicker fob. Unless I get the fob out of my pocket and click on it, the car just ignores me. It was not like this before 1.2.1 and I’m wondering if anyone else is experiencing this. As long as the car is “awake” it responds fine, but the damn thing goes to sleep every chance it gets. I am also noticing an occasional flicker in the stereo sound. This is also new to 1.2.1. What is everyone else experiencing? Is it just my car?

The last few days have been extremely frustrating trying to “wake” or unlock the car. Probably because I intentionally stopped planning ahead just to see how it works if I treat it like a normal car. The car is virtually always “asleep”, so the car takes inordinately long to respond. It is mostly with the mobile key (phone), but I’m noticing now (thanks a lot guys) that there is a 4-5 second delay even when unlocking by double-clicking the fob. And the proximity function (ie it’s supposed to unlock when I approach with the key in my pocket, right?) suddenly doesn’t work with either the mobile key or the clicker fob. Unless I get the fob out of my pocket and click on it, the car just ignores me. It was not like this before 1.2.1 and I’m wondering if anyone else is experiencing this. As long as the car is “awake” it responds fine, but the damn thing goes to sleep every chance it gets. I am also noticing an occasional flicker in the stereo sound. This is also new to 1.2.1. What is everyone else experiencing? Is it just my car?
The non-functioning key fob developed after the 1.2.1 update, as well. Was never a problem before. Only the card works now. CC is aware and sent my query to engineering.

I'm actually having the opposite experience where proximity lock seems to be working almost 100% of the time, even when the car has been asleep for more than a day. I opened my garage door with key fob in pocket the the car unlocked before I even got to the driver door. It has been super consistent ever since the update. When I am out and about its even better especially when I have a clear path to the car.

Odd. My mobile key has been working beautifully since the update, as a counterpoint. I don’t even carry the fob anymore.

Anytime it doesn’t work automatically I just push the door handle and it works immediately. Locking also works by pushing the handle in.

The non-functioning key fob developed after the 1.2.1 update, as well. Was never a problem before. Only the card works now. CC is aware and sent my query to engineering.
Well, glad to know it’s not just my individual car. How ironic, since 1.2.1 was supposed to provide BETTER access. This does not bode well for Lucid software developers…

I'm actually having the opposite experience where proximity lock seems to be working almost 100% of the time, even when the car has been asleep for more than a day. I opened my garage door with key fob in pocket the the car unlocked before I even got to the driver door. It has been super consistent ever since the update. When I am out and about its even better especially when I have a clear path to the car.
Very odd, indeed.
Maybe I need to do one of those hold-your-nose while pressing-the-brake and pushing-the-high-beam resets?
I've never done one and there seem to be so many different reset protocols!

Odd. My mobile key has been working beautifully since the update, as a counterpoint. I don’t even carry the fob anymore.

Anytime it doesn’t work automatically I just push the door handle and it works immediately. Locking also works by pushing the handle in.
Handle push is completely unresponsive at this point. So, I'll stick to the valet key until CC provides guidance.

Maybe this seemingly random oddity reflects the heterogeneity of supplied parts and hence the different responses to the software upgrade.
Layperson's thinking would assume, though, that suppliers have to use the same specs.

Maybe this seemingly random oddity reflects the heterogeneity of supplied parts and hence the different responses to the software upgrade.

Layperson's thinking would assume, though, that suppliers have to use the same specs.

My view is to consider the DE as a custom vs production vehicle. As such, there will be individual differences among them while maintaining core safety and performance factors.

Otherwise, you'll go nuts!

My view is to consider the DE as a custom vs production vehicle. As such, there will be individual differences among them while Lucid maintains core safety and performance factors.

My view is to consider the DE as a custom vs production vehicle. As such, there will be individual differences among them while Lucid maintains core safety and performance factors.

That’s a complete non sequitur. first the DE is not a custom car but a production vehicle! Having said that and I follow the thesis of your statement you are indicating that we should expect poorer QC based on (your term) the fact that it is a custom car!!

on the other hand… i put my fob in the kitchen drawer because phone walk-up unlock has been 100% for me, even when car is completely asleep; if i open the app, it takes about 20 seconds for it to fully wake, not a problem for me

Very odd, indeed.
Maybe I need to do one of those hold-your-nose while pressing-the-brake and pushing-the-high-beam resets?
I've never done one and there seem to be so many different reset protocols!
i practiced that reset last night, super simple

I have also been having the opposite effect - where my phone is now logging in more quickly and The problematic key fob in the pocket or bag is now presenting the handles better - was having a problem before upgrade of a few days ago.

on the other hand… i put my fob in the kitchen drawer because phone walk-up unlock has been 100% for me, even when car is completely asleep; if i open the app, it takes about 20 seconds for it to fully wake, not a problem for me
You’re very fortunate! The phone unlocking has not worked for me for several months now!

That’s a complete non sequitur. first the DE is not a custom car but a production vehicle! Having said that and I follow the thesis of your statement you are indicating that we should expect poorer QC based on (your term) the fact that it is a custom car!!
Understood. Just my approach to our collective experiences.
I prefer to drive my DE rather than fret about all the annoyances.

To be sure, if my car had to be pulled into a service center -- especially if more than once -- I definitely would have a different perspective! Until then, I'll note the anomalies, report them to CC, and (if I can) drive on. I still just love the driving experience.

Understood. Just my approach to our collective experiences.
I prefer to drive my DE rather than fret about all the annoyances.

To be sure, if my car had to be pulled into a service center -- especially if more than once -- I definitely would have a different perspective! Until then, I'll note the anomalies, report them to CC, and (if I can) drive on. I still just love the driving experience.
I completely concur that the driving experience is exceptional and far exceeded my expectations.

Well, glad to know it’s not just my individual car. How ironic, since 1.2.1 was supposed to provide BETTER access. This does not bode well for Lucid software developers…
I think that is being overly harsh on them. Not every situation is the same, and some vehicles may experience bugs others do not. I have been impressed Authy the speed they seem to be squashing some, but there are many more left.

The devs are working as best as they can, it just should have been started a year earlier ;)

You’re very fortunate! The phone unlocking has not worked for me for several months now!
Have not used the iPhone for several months. Tried it today with 1.2.1 and it worked but asked for the PIN code.

Back