“Sleep”… “Waking up” with 1.2.1

Have not used the iPhone for several months. Tried it today with 1.2.1 and it worked but asked for the PIN code.
I’m considering repairing, maybe that will help prevent issues like that?

I’m considering repairing, maybe that will help prevent issues like that?
Definitely, after the update I deleted all access ways and re-added

Did you re-pair both the mobile key and the key fob or just the mobile key?
Both! I should add that I only use key fob for access and use my mobile key ad a backup haha

I also re-paired.
Guys, do you mean you deleted your profile(s) and then created new profile for yourself? Or just deleted access and then re-created access? I haven't done either of these, maybe that's why 1.2.1 is causing me complications for unlocking/waking up.

I submitted the following yesterday to Customer Care with the subject "Phone Proximity Unlocking/Locking Still Does Not Work.” I haven’t heard back yet, maybe some could also look at their Bluetooth connections and see if it behaves similarly for them:

Car SW Version: 1.2.1
iPhone Lucid app version 1.9.0 (1672)
iPhone software version 15.4 & 15.5 beta
I’ve been waiting for a software fix to make the phone app proximity unlocking/locking work. Currently, this does not work and has not worked for several months. The car was at the Service Center for this several weeks ago and it was supposed to have been fixed, but as soon as the car was back in my hands, it did not work.
Please relay this to the developers, to investigate.
I have tried the following things with no success:
  • Remove and reinstall iPhone app
  • Delete mobile key from app and car and then link mobile key again
  • Try mobile app on two other iPhones
  • Pushing on the door handle to unlock the car
If the mobile app is used to unlock the car (which has to have a network connection — it obviously does not use Bluetooth), the car will not drive until a PIN is entered - so much for the facial recognition, which doesn’t work either (but that is another problem report).
I have attached some screenshots of my iPhone's bluetooth status with comments. You can see that a BLE device is detected when getting with range of the car. When viewing the below pictures, keep in mind:
  • Lucid Air 929 is the iPhone Bluetooth connection to car.
  • Lucid-02929 is the Lucid iPhone app connection to the car.
  • S874836c9c98be910C is the Lucid BLE in the car.
Notice below that the BLE connection always comes up when approaching the car. The Lucid iPhone mobile app connection (Lucid-02929) has only connected once - when the mobile app was initially paired. It never shows connected again.
This is the connection state right after linking the mobile app to the car.
4ABCF5D3-6784-4D63-964F-6CF455C0A3D0_4_5005_c.jpeg
This is the connection state after walking very far from the car (>60 feet). For some reason the Lucid-02929 device stays connected, but eventually disconnects (see below)
ABFEB20C-C50A-4C58-90F9-A18CE2E29BA0_4_5005_c.jpeg
Walking up to car - Notice only the BLE connection becomes active. Pushing on the door handle does not unlock the car either.
6526268C-F506-47ED-8C2B-9DFDCCF822DE_4_5005_c.jpeg
Walking away from car after above walking to the car:
8AD847D2-06D4-4F5E-9E12-BE6110288679_4_5005_c.jpeg

Guys, do you mean you deleted your profile(s) and then created new profile for yourself? Or just deleted access and then re-created access? I haven't done either of these, maybe that's why 1.2.1 is causing me complications for unlocking/waking up.
I deleted the key fob and mobile key from my profile and then added them back.

I deleted the key fob and mobile key from my profile and then added them back.

I just did the mobile key. And I pretty much don’t carry the fob anymore. The mobile key works great for me, and pushing the handle to lock works great too.

To be clear, per manual, PIN always required with mobile key, not fob. I wish it wasn’t but so be it. Would be nice to have Facial Recognition be the Two Factor Authentication instead of PIN. From what I see, Face Recognition used only for selecting user Profile. I have only one profile so cannot test Face Recognition with multiple profiles. Anyone test this?

To be clear, per manual, PIN always required with mobile key, not fob. I wish it wasn’t but so be it. Would be nice to have Facial Recognition be the Two Factor Authentication instead of PIN. From what I see, Face Recognition used only for selecting user Profile. I have only one profile so cannot test Face Recognition with multiple profiles. Anyone test this?
I don’t know where you saw it in the manual, but the manual I have says,

While sitting in the driver’s seat, press the brake pedal to put the car in Drive Mode. The vehicle searches for a recognized key fob or mobile key. If a known device is detected, the vehicle is allowed to start. If no known device is detected, a message displays on the Instrument Cluster.
If a valet card is used to open the door, the driver will be prompted to enter a PIN code before allowing to drive. See Starting on page 68.

In the Using Mobile Key section, I think I misread that it used PIN for entry. the whole section is actually about Pairing/Unpairing, nothing on using the mobile key. So, I think you are right. But in practice, it is asking me for a PIN using my phone and not my key fob. Does it for you? If it doesnt, then I am missing something.

In the Using Mobile Key section, I think I misread that it used PIN for entry. the whole section is actually about Pairing/Unpairing, nothing on using the mobile key. So, I think you are right. But in practice, it is asking me for a PIN using my phone and not my key fob. Does it for you? If it doesnt, then I am missing something.
I remember setting up a PIN with my Delivery Advisor but I have never had to use it even once. I don't use the Valet Card but I have used my fob and my mobile iphone together and separately without any problems.

Mine is not working that way. Car asleep. Lucid app open on my phone. I walk up to car. door locks remain locked. I have to manually confirm unlocking after pressing unlock icon on the app. Get in car. See pictures. Have to enter a PIN. Is there some setting that makes it work like a key fob? Mine clearly doesn't. If I have the fob in my pocket, then everything works fine. I would like to not use the fob. That is how I use our Tesla M3.

Attachments

• IMG-3683.jpg
    IMG-3683.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 79
  • IMG-3684.jpg
    IMG-3684.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 74
Mine is not working that way. Car asleep. Lucid app open on my phone. I walk up to car. door locks remain locked. I have to manually confirm unlocking after pressing unlock icon on the app. Get in car. See pictures. Have to enter a PIN. Is there some setting that makes it work like a key fob? Mine clearly doesn't. If I have the fob in my pocket, then everything works fine. I would like to not use the fob. That is how I use our Tesla M3.
I see now. The problem is you using the app to manually unlock the car which is where the problem is. The Mobile Key is not the same as using the Mobile App. The Mobile Key is where you pair your phone (in your profile) to be used as a Mobile Key and you will need to keep Bluetooth on all the time in order for it to work like that. Using the Mobile App to unlock the car will prompt you for the PIN every time (as intended) for security purposes.

Try going into Settings -> Access & Profiles --> Link Mobile Key

Or in the App, in the upper right corner there is a symbol there that shows a phone with a "wifi" signal above it. Click that and it will bring up the directions on linking the Mobile Key.

I see now. The problem is you using the app to manually unlock the car which is where the problem is. The Mobile Key is not the same as using the Mobile App. The Mobile Key is where you pair your phone (in your profile) to be used as a Mobile Key and you will need to keep Bluetooth on all the time in order for it to work like that. Using the Mobile App to unlock the car will prompt you for the PIN every time (as intended) for security purposes.

Try going into Settings -> Access & Profiles --> Link Mobile Key

Or in the App, in the upper right corner there is a symbol there that shows a phone with a "wifi" signal above it. Click that and it will bring up the directions on linking the Mobile Key.

Correct. Mobile key does not require the PIN, and is not the same as using the mobile app.

I did what you said and now have second bluetooth entry on phone. The phone is linked by mobile key. I had to remove a prior attempt that must not have finished. It is working by proximity with opening doors, etc. Thank you @hydbob

I did what you said and now have second bluetooth entry on phone. The phone is linked by mobile key. I had to remove a prior attempt that must not have finished. It is working by proximity with opening doors, etc. Thank you @hydbob
Actually, I think one BT is for the mobile key and one BT is for the media/phone connection.

Actually, I think one BT is for the mobile key and one BT is for the media/phone connection.

Correct.

“Lucid Air ###” is the media/phone connection - I recommend also going into the BT settings for this connection on your phone and changing the “Device Type” to “Car Stereo” - it just helps measure volume levels if you use iOS volume tracking stuff.

“Lucid-#####” is the mobile key connection.

(Where # is the number of your car, I presume)

Has anyone experienced the car constantly going to sleep and requiring a full boot up even when leaving the car for a short time. This seems to have gotten worse with 1.2.1. I walk in to grab my coffee and when I come out (less than 5 minutes later) the car is completely asleep and take 20 seconds to come back fully online. What a PIA.

Back