‘22 New Inventory Deals: $110k GT’s, 0% interest

Haha, I'm still recovering from the Tesla delivery experience trauma - I feel like there will be noticeable alignment issues (Lucid is a new company after all) and things like that and I won't be able to accept delivery (that happened once with 1 of our Teslas and then the second one was perfect).
I hope I'll be wrong though.
You'd be surprised, they've come quite a ways in the manufacturing process. Lots of smaller things they've ironed out. Good luck and refer to our check list during your walkthrough!

Oh trust me, I like it a lot. I know many people hate its front, but I, for some reason, really dig it - it's probably its weirdness that I find awesome, but who knows.
Same here! And the back is just downright beautiful. Have you seen the latest bmw m3? How do you feel about that?

You'd be surprised, they've come quite a ways in the manufacturing process. Lots of smaller things they've ironed out. Good luck and refer to our check list during your walkthrough!
I hear horror stories about the trunk radiuses being different on either side, is this still true?

I hear horror stories about the trunk radiuses being different on either side, is this still true?
You may have some minor issues. Most of them they will be happy to mark down and send a mobile tech out to fix. Or you take it in to a service center.

The trunk thing was a much more prominent issue with earlier cars.

Oh trust me, I like it a lot. I know many people hate its front, but I, for some reason, really dig it - it's probably its weirdness that I find awesome, but who knows.
Hey, I like my i4’s front grill too, so you’re not alone.

I should also add that I picked up my Pure about a month ago and it was delivered in as perfect a condition as my i4. The only issue I’ve had is an occasional temporary loss of SXM. The car is terrific.

Last edited:
Same here! And the back is just downright beautiful. Have you seen the latest bmw m3? How do you feel about that?
Just looked it up. Uhm, not sure, but I'm leaning more towards "I don't like it" :)

But again, unlike many of you fine folks here, I'm not really a car person. I do like the tech (I'm a software engineer) and I do appreciate engineering behind all these fancy machines, but in terms of design and aesthetics... I like weird things (BMW iX and i3 would be good examples). So that's that :D

Appreciate your checklist!

Hey, I like my i4’s front grill too, so you’re not alone.

I should also add that I picked up my Pure about a month ago and it was delivered in as perfect a condition as my i4. The only issue I’ve had is an occasional temporary loss of SXM. The car is terrific.
I imagine your car's been manufactured recently, while mine's been sitting for some time. I'd think they've ironed out some production issues earlier (like in 2022, haha), so I would THINK that yours should have a greater chance of having fewer issues. But that's just my experience with Tesla vehicles.

Alright folks, delivery is scheduled for this Saturday. Didn't expect it to be that quick.
I think they're very keen to get them out the door before the end of Q3. They wanted me to collect mine tomorrow, too, but I had to push it back to the 14th, which they were fine with.

Concerned that lucid has more cars in inventory than they have sold. They have produced far more than they have sold for every quarter they have been in business. I just sold my Air AGT with 4900 Mikes for 94k with two sets of wheels. A huge loss from the 146k I paid a year ago.

Concerned that lucid has more cars in inventory than they have sold. They have produced far more than they have sold for every quarter they have been in business. I just sold my Air AGT with 4900 Mikes for 94k with two sets of wheels. A huge loss from the 146k I paid a year ago.
An unrealized loss... until you sold it. Lucid is having phenomenal sales at the moment. They will do just fine.

Just like every other auto manufacturer, they have inventory on the lot that needs to be sold and moved for new inventory. I know. It is hard to remember after nearly 3 years of sheer insanity with supply chain issues and artificial inventory suppression. Dealerships always do this as the year reaches a close (direct sales in Lucid's case).

All cars, under normal circumstances, depreciate. Luxury cars depreciate even more.

Yeah the air GT's MSRP is overpriced unfortunately to start with, fueled by easy money from low interest rates and a good economy for luxury items. But if you think now that it's selling 122K, 30K depreciation after a year for a high-luxury car is still bad, but not unprecedented. 50K depreciation is just nuts.

Like many, I sure wish I could figure out a way to trade my Touring for one of those. It's not a lot more than I paid for the touring and has DDP and SSP.

Anyone want to buy my Touring?? Lol

I bought a Genesis Electrified G80 for 82K and sold it 4 months later for 58K. Several traditional used car buyers offered me 54-55K. One high end buyer wouldn’t buy it from me at any price, showing me on the computer how many new Genesis EVs were sitting on lots, across the country, for many months unsold. Several dealers said they’d never seen depreciation like this. The best price I got was from a BMW dealer.

So it’s certainly not just Lucid that’s going through this.

I bought a Genesis Electrified G80 for 82K and sold it 4 months later for 58K. Several traditional used car buyers offered me 54-55K. One high end buyer wouldn’t buy it from me at any price, showing me on the computer how many new Genesis EVs were sitting on lots, across the country, for many months unsold. Several dealers said they’d never seen depreciation like this. The best price I got was from a BMW dealer.

So it’s certainly not just Lucid that’s going through this.
Taycans are getting crushed also in terms of depreciation. That was the other car I was looking at (vs the Lucid Air Pure)

They make the best EV, word is getting out, lots of sales in August and September. Nothing to worry about! Go buy yourself a new AGT.....best EV out there!

Why sell? Doesn't make sense unless you didn't need the car or needed the money.

I can honestly say I’m getting a bit bitter. I love my car, but saving 10-20k + 0% APR is a steal and there doesn’t seem to be any retroactive option for people like me.

This is fantastic for new potential owners though…
We saw the same kind of thing happen over and over again at Tesla. Prices dropping every week, ever more competitive APRs, ever more enticing loan and lease terms. The various Tesla owners’ fora were rife with hysterical gnashing of teeth in protest, and with thundering demands for current and recent owners of Model Ss to “be made whole”. To no avail. Tesla stuck to their guns with their price cuts, and loyal early adopters were left fulminating and of course, gnashing their teeth.

This was during the relatively early days, before the advent of the mass market Model 3 and Model Y era.

As I’ve learned with only some consternation, seeing your “investment” plunge in value seemingly overnight due to price cuts on brand new cars is one of many prices you have to be willing to pay to be an early adopter, or at the very least, to have bragging rights. It can feel painful if you dwell on it for too long, unfair even. So what I do is take my Air GT for a quick spin to the grocery store, and I quickly forget about all this.
I agree, but It was worth it when I bought it and it still is. So, I just grin and enjoy it. I am glad there will be more on the road.

Yeah the air GT's MSRP is overpriced unfortunately to start with, fueled by easy money from low interest rates and a good economy for luxury items. But if you think now that it's selling 122K, 30K depreciation after a year for a high-luxury car is still bad, but not unprecedented. 50K depreciation is just nuts.
“Overpriced” is a highly subjective term. I’m thrilled with my GT, for which I paid cash. Zero regrets.

“Overpriced” is a highly subjective term. I’m thrilled with my GT, for which I paid cash. Zero regrets.
For the individual owner yes it's subjective. But for comparables and market it can be objective, evidenced by the lack of demand. I still think they priced the higher trims too high, as it's a very very very good car. I'm not saying the GT is a bad car, in fact I wish I could afford it (even at 120k I can't/won't), but the market has spoken and they have responded by lowering the price to what the market will bear.

Back